Jeremy White: Bills vs. Ravens All-22 Review

26CornerBlitz

Cover 1 guy did a pretty good recap of the 3rd downs if you have the time (Love his website BTW). http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/plenty-of-blame/

Tyrod will get the lions share of the blame (as he should, he was awful) however there were protection breakdowns all over the place, and confusion. Roman's gotta get plays in faster - we have a young qb who needs pre-snap motion and line adjustments to be successful. Blitz pick-ups on third down shouldn't be this big of an issue.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cover 1 guy did a pretty good recap of the 3rd downs if you have the time (Love his website BTW). http://www.cover1.net/2016/09/plenty-of-blame/

Tyrod will get the lions share of the blame (as he should, he was awful) however there were protection breakdowns all over the place, and confusion. Roman's gotta get plays in faster - we have a young qb who needs pre-snap motion and line adjustments to be successful. Blitz pick-ups on third down shouldn't be this big of an issue.

This is a great summation of the horrible performance on Sunday:

OC has a bad gameplan and cant get plays in on time

QB isnt reading the field, or anticipating guys being open

OL falls apart against the blitz

A recipe for disaster. Everyone has some blame. I'm hoping/expecting we dont see this perfect storm of crappiness again. But, you know... Bills.

Edited by DrDareustein

I am trying to figure out why fans cannot put two and two together

Tyrod....NO playing time in the pre season

Watkins......No playing time in the pre season

Glenn and Cog....hardly any playing time in the pre season

For the most part hardly ANY of the starters in the pre season got any playing time....they decided healthy was more important....and they did not look game ready

Is it that hard to figure out? The O will get better the more they play and biuld the chemistry

On the offensive side of the ball, Robert Woods was a champ. I honestly watch All-22 primarily for his blocking. The kid is the ultimate competitior. Got open more than the stat sheet could ever tell.

I was watching John Miller on the end zone camera and he held up alright considering the matchup. Few rough plays but he was blocking one of the best DL's in the league at times. He might've actually been our best OL, just whisper it quietly. :D

Wait, Sully said Woods was an "imposter" yesterday so you must be wrong.....

For the most part hardly ANY of the starters in the pre season got any playing time....they decided healthy was more important....and they did not look game ready

Is it that hard to figure out? The O will get better the more they play and biuld the chemistry

The errors that are pointed out in the all 22 aren't preseason rust errors.

Not seeing entire portions of the field aren't caused by not playing in the preseason.

Bailing out of a play into the rush could be, except TT was doing it all last year as well when he wasn't rusty.

I hope this game was an aberration for TT, but you are going full overboard in your defense. TT had some flaws in his game. And until he fixes them this offense is going nowhere. Hopefully he gets most of them corrected by tomorrow night.

The errors that are pointed out in the all 22 aren't preseason rust errors.

Not seeing entire portions of the field aren't caused by not playing in the preseason.

Bailing out of a play into the rush could be, except TT was doing it all last year as well when he wasn't rusty.

I hope this game was an aberration for TT, but you are going full overboard in your defense. TT had some flaws in his game. And until he fixes them this offense is going nowhere. Hopefully he gets most of them corrected by tomorrow night.

The All 22 only points out where plays could have been better...they do NOT actually know what is going on the field

For instance

Cog had a extremely bad game....I saw him whiff on key blocks several times that would have set up successful plays.

Tyrod did not have a good game.....does the all 22 explain why a QB doesnt use his legs to convert 1st downs.....why a QB that has shown himself to be accurate all of a sudden start throwing high passes?......etc etc

They CAN NOT turn TT into a pure pocket passer...that is not his game

I am "hopeful" you're right, but this still leaves me PO'd at Rex for going to the opposite extreme of last year and not giving them enough playing time to get ready.

It also speaks very, very ill of our depth on OL and/or their coaching if the deal was injury recovery for Cog and Glenn and not wanting Tyrod to get hurt behind backups.

I also think there's a very high probability there's more to it than rust: I think Pees and Harbaugh took what they knew from 4 years of Tyrod scout team, combed through last year's game film, and wrote a book on how to neutralize him. That is another 2 + 2 scenario.

I am "hopeful" you're right, but this still leaves me PO'd at Rex for going to the opposite extreme of last year and not giving them enough playing time to get ready.

It also speaks very, very ill of our depth on OL and/or their coaching if the deal was injury recovery for Cog and Glenn and not wanting Tyrod to get hurt behind backups.

I also think there's a very high probability there's more to it than rust: I think Pees and Harbaugh took what they knew from 4 years of Tyrod scout team, combed through last year's game film, and wrote a book on how to neutralize him. That is another 2 + 2 scenario.

I really think the "have enough game film now" thing is overblown

DC's are not stupid.....they had enough game tape on TT after say game 3 of his first year starting. IF that was the case they would have accomplished that in year 1.

I think its rust....which is not going to be an excuse for this team. If TT WAS rusty I would have expected him to do what he does best.....make plays with his feet.....the ONLY time I saw him do that was when he was flushed and it turned into a pass downfield to Clay.

If Roman trys to turn TT into a pure pocket passer......we are screwed

I've heard people say on the first Woods/Watkins open play, we don't know what the play design was.

Jaegermonsters say, "Any Plan where you Lose Your Hat is a Bad Plan"

I say "Any Play where Taylor doesn't look for Watkins and Wood is a Bad Play"

DC's are not stupid.....they had enough game tape on TT after say game 3 of his first year starting. IF that was the case they would have accomplished that in year 1.

What part of "took what they knew about him from 4 years of scout team" did you miss? No one is saying DCs are stupid. But the Ravens D has way more experience playing against Tyrod than most - every freakin' week for 4 years.

...They CAN NOT turn TT into a pure pocket passer...that is not his game

Well John, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but if TT cannot become a pocket passer, he will fail as a QB in this league. It really IS that simple.

GO BILLS!!!

I think its rust....which is not going to be an excuse for this team. If TT WAS rusty I would have expected him to do what he does best.....make plays with his feet.....the ONLY time I saw him do that was when he was flushed and it turned into a pass downfield to Clay.

If Roman trys to turn TT into a pure pocket passer......we are screwed

Stop making sense. You're scaring me.

Well John, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but if TT cannot become a pocket passer, he will fail as a QB in this league. It really IS that simple.

GO BILLS!!!

i was about to post the same.

he may have an exciting couple of seasons, and win some great games, but unless he can become a consistent pocket passer -- he wont be the guy that turns things around for us. his legs will buy him extra time to develop the passing game but hes got to get there.

Edited by NoSaint

Does anyone else think there's a chance that they went vanilla because of holding stuff on the preseason and they wanted to hold their tricks for the Jets this Thursday?

Because honestly, the TNF games really do not give you down time. And as much as I would have liked to beat the Ravens (and won a bet with a friend) I would much rather beat the Jets.

0% chance. Defenses know how to defend Tyrod and take away his tendencies. Doesn't matter if the game is close in the 4th, Tyrod can't make anything happen by himself. He needs a ridiculous effort from Sammy or Clay on a broken play

You fell for the sarcasm!

At least, I hope for his sake that it was sarcasm...

Nonsense about lack of playing time in preseason. That is not why they sucked against Baltimore.

The veteran players don't benefit much at all (if at all) playing in preseason.

Yes they will develop chemistry over time as they play together more and more, but the preseason would have made no difference in the Baltimore game.

The game plan for Baltimore sucked and the quarterback play during that game sucked. It had zero to do with preseason games.

That's what I was getting at too. I dont think "middle of the road" money means a "steal" for anyone nowadays.

He's gone either way though. Best of luck, Robert

Yea,I'm old I consider 7 million a year getting paid. Lol but yea,he's gone no matter what.