Jeremy White: Bills vs. Ravens All-22 Review

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sad, sad, sad.... I watched the All-22 last night and screamed a few times. The energy of this season has already been sucked out of me. After Thursday, I may be bone dry. This is a rinse and repeat of 16 years of futility and the signs of any great turn-around are few and far between.

Will the energy of New Era (God I hate writing that) give the Bills enough lift in the 1st quarter to sustain a crowd frenzy throughout the game. If we look like we did against Baltimore, it will be quiet and futile and the Jets will shut everyone up quick, and the only thing coming out of our mouths will be puke from OD'ing on beer and sh#t sandwiches.

Edited by BillsRdue

when you watch these clips and scream about guys being open...look at the protection its jail break

I have no idea what you are watching, there isnt a breakdown in protection until the EIGHTH gif posted in the article. plenty of time. too much waiting.

Tyrod3receiverslatestill.gif

Edited by DrDareustein

Thousand-five count on that one.

That's what, three or four pats?

Exactly.

There is a timing and rhythm on all of these plays that is pretty easy to pick up on. And its pretty easy to understand the entire play is busted by a hesitant qb when you are counting in rhythm and that ball still isnt coming out.

There or not, you HAVE to make that throw and give the guy a chance to make a play on the ball.

Not doing so is exactly what has killed numerous Bills QBs of this millennium.

Breakdown in coverage really matters if you hold onto the ball too long, which probably comes from not being able to anticipate where your receivers are supposed to be. I believe Brady lets go of the ball somewhere around 2 seconds. If TT can't do that, or if Roman isn't coaching TT that way, this is going to be a very long season.

On the offensive side of the ball, Robert Woods was a champ. I honestly watch All-22 primarily for his blocking. The kid is the ultimate competitior. Got open more than the stat sheet could ever tell.

I was watching John Miller on the end zone camera and he held up alright considering the matchup. Few rough plays but he was blocking one of the best DL's in the league at times. He might've actually been our best OL, just whisper it quietly. :D

On the offensive side of the ball, Robert Woods was a champ. I honestly watch All-22 primarily for his blocking. The kid is the ultimate competitior. Got open more than the stat sheet could ever tell.

I was watching John Miller on the end zone camera and he held up alright considering the matchup. Few rough plays but he was blocking one of the best DL's in the league at times. He might've actually been our best OL, just whisper it quietly. :D

Woods is going to get paid this in free agency.

Woods is going to get paid this in free agency.

I think he'll get middle of the road money and be a steal for some team. He's been horribly underutilized on this team for three years and it looks like it'll probably be four. No way he resigns here the way he's used. He's great running intermediate routes but no one can find him. EJ did sometimes, but was too inaccurate.

I didn't think Chandler or Jones would do anything in NE, I don't think Hogan will do much, but damnit if Woods goes to NE, it's going to be rough.

Edited by elroy16

I think he'll get middle of the road money and be a steal for some team. He's been horribly underutilized on this team for three years and it looks like it'll probably be four. No way he resigns here the way he's used. He's great running intermediate routes but no one can find him. EJ did sometimes, but was too inaccurate.

I didn't think Chandler or Jones would do anything in NE, I don't think Hogan will do much, but damnit if Woods goes to NE, it's going to be rough.

How much is that nowadays? $5-7M/yr?

Mo Sanu got $6.5m with the same stats over 4 years that Woods had in his first 3 years. Plus a few percent increase due to cap inflation, his base is probably $7-7.5m/year.

Then you look at Tavon Austin's horrific deal and it could be as high as $10m/year.

That's what I was getting at too. I dont think "middle of the road" money means a "steal" for anyone nowadays.

He's gone either way though. Best of luck, Robert

Does anyone else think there's a chance that they went vanilla because of holding stuff on the preseason and they wanted to hold their tricks for the Jets this Thursday?

Because honestly, the TNF games really do not give you down time. And as much as I would have liked to beat the Ravens (and won a bet with a friend) I would much rather beat the Jets.

Does anyone else think there's a chance that they went vanilla because of holding stuff on the preseason and they wanted to hold their tricks for the Jets this Thursday?

Because honestly, the TNF games really do not give you down time. And as much as I would have liked to beat the Ravens (and won a bet with a friend) I would much rather beat the Jets.

0% chance. Defenses know how to defend Tyrod and take away his tendencies. Doesn't matter if the game is close in the 4th, Tyrod can't make anything happen by himself. He needs a ridiculous effort from Sammy or Clay on a broken play