Head Coaching Candidates

yungmack

I'm all about Bevell....I was on that train when the last round of interviews was going on. If you do a little research, you see he was the driving force behind drafting Russell Wilson, and obviously has been successful in making all types of adjustments to personnel and game plans...

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all about Bevell....I was on that train when the last round of interviews was going on. If you do a little research, you see he was the driving force behind drafting Russell Wilson, and obviously has been successful in making all types of adjustments to personnel and game plans...

Perfect fit, guy who made the dumbest play call in history of the NFL for the team where play callers brains go to die.

Perfect fit, guy who made the dumbest play call in history of the NFL for the team where play callers brains go to die.

Seriously? You can't evaluate someone's resume on the totality of their work? So, you're the kind of guy who, if friends with, makes one mistake and you cut them off? Really? Nice...when's the last time even the best of HC's / Coordinators didn't make a mistake? I mean, taking his resume as a whole into consideration, you don't see the prolific brilliance he's demonstrated over the course of his coaching career? Do some reading and get back to me....it's the same guy who got Favre's best year in Minnesota out of him and then scouted and essentially pulled the trigger on Drafting Russell Wilson, but of course a single play defines a career....

Seriously? You can't evaluate someone's resume on the totality of their work? So, you're the kind of guy who, if friends with, makes one mistake and you cut them off? Really? Nice...when's the last time even the best of HC's / Coordinators didn't make a mistake? I mean, taking his resume as a whole into consideration, you don't see the prolific brilliance he's demonstrated over the course of his coaching career? Do some reading and get back to me....it's the same guy who got Favre's best year in Minnesota out of him and then scouted and essentially pulled the trigger on Drafting Russell Wilson, but of course a single play defines a career....

None of us knows what kind of HC these unproven OC's will make.

Chan Gailey was once the best OC in the game........I will never forget the beatdown he put on Wade Phillips D on Monday night in Pittsburgh.......that was about as sure-fire a hire as you could get back then.

But being a HC is an entirely different thing and this is maybe the job where he would find his WORST fit, IMO.

First of all........the authors of wide right can't hire the author of worse........Bills fans could not deal with it......he'd never get a fair chance here.

Second......and just as important........a HC is only as good as those he hires and he will have a hard time getting quality coaches to follow him to Buffalo.

I don't know what Bill Cowher has left in the tank but that is a guy who assistants will trust and follow to a place like Buffalo........because they believe in him.

Buy in is huge.......and the players in Seattle may have forgiven but I suspect Bevell is always going to have doubters because of it.......perception is reality with young men......which is why a perceived champion like Parcells could move from job to job(without winning more SB's) and keep getting immediate buy-in and results.

Edited by #BADOL

I repeat no Mike Shanahan, no Parcells, no Schottenheimer, No Casserly! NO NO NO

I know Mcdaniels had a rough go in Denver as a young coach, but so did Belichick in Cleveland... and many others.

I bet he is much better this go round. Or, find another young cutting edge guy with a future, NOT a past. What matters is going forward.

No Billick No Cowher.....

Edited by The Thurmanator

Assuming that Rex Ryan is gone, here is a list of potential HC's I can think of. Feel free to add others. They are in no particular order. Although my top two likely would be Patricia and Bevell.

(1) Keith Butler: Steelers DC: The Steelers D has continued to be fantastic despite mediocre players in the secondary and up-front.

(2) Matt Patricia: Pats** DC. The Pats D funnels players in and out, doesn't matter, the D always seems to come up big when needed. Seems like a guy who puts his players in a position to win. He also has experience on the offensive side of the ball at the college level (OL player at RPI); O-line coach at SU and with the Pats**.

(3) Darrell Bevell: Seattle OC. Interviewed with Bills before they hired Rex. Great OC.

(4) Jim Schwartz: Philly DC. Outstanding D coach. Would need great OC.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have to research successful moves by teams in the past. How have teams turned things around in the past? I remember when Green Bay sucked for a long stretch, but somehow changed the course. Seattle too. San Francisco sucked throughout the 70's. The Bills are on a two decade streak of incompetence. This Wrex experiment is over. Changes need to be set in motion right away (even if they aren't known to the public).

It's a FAIL. They need to evaluate who they want to keep, who is too old to be part of the new way, and who should be let go. Trade someone...how about Charles Clay? I bet there is a team that believes he can be a good TE for them..maybe get a 6th rounder or some such. Just get rid of someone NOW.

Football players can run on fear.

Darth Vader (or the Patriots), would spill some blood, because spilled blood needs to be seen.

If I owned this team, I would walk into the locker room tomorrow like this...

business-man-on-fire-suit-handshake-inte

and say "I am committed to winning, and expect the same commitment from employees".

I'm happy with what has happened since this post.

Edited by HoF Watkins