To be fair to Tyrod.....

Bill from NYC

3 is plenty. The truth is I doubt if he would take 10 mil these days. Maybe 12, and I'm not even sure about that.

If (which I doubt) he would sign with the Bills, it wouldn't cost much. They could fire Rex AND Whaley. There is no way Whaley could tell Saban what to do in any situation, ever.

3 years, and then another rebuild. Dont like it. Same cycle we've had since 1999.

And where do you get this idea that Whaley dictates anything to his coaches? Seems to me, from watching the different types of players he acquires, he gets his coaches what they need/ask for.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a good sign after hearing about how much progress he had made in the offseason. Beyond that he didn't demonstrate the previous accuracy, big play ability with his legs, or the willingness to throw the deep ball. I hope last Sunday was the exception to what we'll see this season.

I don't know if it's just me, but he looked like he was playing scared out there.

I have a hunch that he got seriously hurt in the 'skins game and it rattled his head. A totally different demeanor from last year.

Oh no. Let's not go perpetuating that myth. Trent was lousy after and before he got lit up by Adrian Wilson.

True.

But take a look at the majority of the observations. TT was clearly not the same player on Sunday that he was at the end of last year. Something bad happened.

True.

But take a look at the majority of the observations. TT was clearly not the same player on Sunday that he was at the end of last year. Something bad happened.

Ehhh, I think thats a bit of an over-reaction right now. It could simply be week 1 rust after a long off-season of inaction, playing away, against a decent defense/coach.

If we see the same thing Thursday, then it's time to hit the stairwell to the roof and prepare to jump. :thumbsup:

True.

The something bad was going against his former HC that watched him in practice every day. Who knows what the guy isn't good at better that JH?

True.

So long as "something" doesn't have to be a catastrophic injury, but rather first game jitters and a tough time dealing with a coach/squad that knows him well, sure. I'll buy that "something" happened!

This imo is a good discussion. Thank you.

There certainly are many here who want EJ in there. It's not that unusual. It is VERY hard for some fans (and I think that you know this) to come to grips with the fact that a first round draft choice on your team sucks.

As for the penalties, let me ask you this: If Alabama had 4 penalties on special teams alone, how do you think Saban would react? Well, he coaches college kids. You are right, these ARE grown men. Is there really an excuse for this?

I don't understand how you see any advantage of having Rex on this team, let alone Whaley and Brandon, both of whom might be worse.I think that Brandon brought in Rex as a money making blowhard. I really would like to know what you like about any and all of them, but no charts please. :)

And btw, I'm not a fan of Cowherd, but is he wrong?

I'm not with you on the Saban thing.

I am, however, getting tired of Whaley teams that look great everywhere except on the field.

On EJ, I came to grips with that lost cause in 2014, running adamantly opposed to the notion that it was all Marrone's fault, that he was "neutered" yadda yadda. Baloney. He was a bad QB. I said we'd grow to miss Marrone. Some got there faster than others. He was a micromanaging hardass, but his players stayed out of the training room and showed up on Sundays.

I'm not sure when I expressed an "advantage" to having Rex. His defense certainly looked stout on Sunday, and it probably will again on Thursday up against Fitzmagic. We'll see how it handles the other 14 games, notably AZ and NE here in the first quarter, before I anoint him anything.

First thing Roman needs to do is figure out what went wrong with the running game (and I think he will it is the thing he does best) that will slow the rushers and buy Tyrod a little extra time but he needs to make faster and better decisions in the pocket. He just has to.

The couple of silly penalties aside and one matchup disaster that Rex rightly took on himself the defense was encouraging. If they can figure the run game out they can try and ease Tyrod back into some kind of ryhthm the next couple of games. I can't believe that at least in the short term Sunday will not do some damage to his confidence.

The defense looked much better as a whole..

But the offense really needs to focus.

O line needs to get dialed in.

And Roman should be ready to switch it up if it starts out so bad again. I know they have so many scripted plays to feel out the D and set a tone. but they might as well have gone to an I formation when Tyrod was showing jitters Or at least as mentioned spread them out..

But it really is Taylor who needs to regain where he left off last year.

Settle down and play his game. and audible out of looks.

Jets will tell his story, Here comes a nasty front again. They know we know and he knows it.

Ravens removed the deep threat by having safeties play 30 yards from the los and rolling to the sideline where Trod throws.

They are just going to have to start hitting the deep/intermediate middle. If it's all they practice all day, everyday until they can connect with eyes closed.

yep. taylor need to throw them open too. Not after they make the break.

one throw to Salas one to Goodwin. No team is going to respect them if he does not look at them

A'la Trentative...

Ala " dont hit me no more mr watts" EJM

Ala " turtle" Orton

Tyrod playing a lot last preseason and was thus ready to perform. He barely played this preseason and was thus not ready to perform. Hopefully, it's pretty much as simple as that.

Without Glenn, Richie and Henderson , I can't blame Rex for trying to protect Taylor in preseason.

I'm not with you on the Saban thing.

On EJ, I came to grips with that lost cause in 2014, running adamantly opposed to the notion that it was all Marrone's fault, that he was "neutered" yadda yadda. Baloney. He was a bad QB. I said we'd grow to miss Marrone. Some got there faster than others. He was a micromanaging hardass, but his players stayed out of the training room and showed up on Sundays.

I agree also on both points. Saban was a bad NFL Head Coach.... he might be the best college coach of all time and Bill loves him cos of the Bama link but he isnt the answer for anyone other than a team where he can just leave an already successful NFL offense to run itself.

EJ is a bust (whether all his fault or not) and also I was one of the bigger Marrone supporters here. An ass, for sure, but a guy who got his team to play.

So long as "something" doesn't have to be a catastrophic injury, but rather first game jitters and a tough time dealing with a coach/squad that knows him well, sure. I'll buy that "something" happened!

I don't buy the Harbaugh and Baltimore familiarity. There were a handful of designed plays early on that would have neutered the defensive plan. TT just didn't have the same awareness in the first quarter and that was it for the game.