Watkins: injured or just trying to leave the Bills?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, who cares if you can actually walk and your job is to play a sport many of of conuldnt fathom at the pain tolerance you have. Who cares if you need to take so many pain meds that you cant feel your fingers or your face. I dont care about your long term health all I know is you better help the team I root for win.

You clearly have troubles understanding the English language.

I wonder if he's consider medical cannabis for his foot? At least we know that's not a hot button for the NFL or TBD :beer:

Spleen insertion is a better pain tolerance measure.

@Matt_Bove

Here's some of what Sammy Watkins had to say just about a half an hour ago #Bills @WKBW

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/775445089753698304

Look, I hope Watkins is OK to play, and he gets through this year in good shape, and comes back in 2017 in actual good health.

But these things happen. No one thinks Keenan Allen is a kitty or fragile, but look at this:

2016 NFL Knee Allen blew out his ACL during play in Week 1, ending his 2016 season.

2015 NFL Kidney Allen came down for a touchdown pass hard on his back and lacerated his kidney. He had to undergo surgery and was placed on IR

2014 NFL Ankle Allen got pulled awkwardly in his week 15 game against the Broncos and had to leave with a sprained ankle and fractured collarbone. He missed the final 2 games of the season.

2012 College Knee Allen tore his PCL in college that required surgery

Finally I doubt the Chargers fans are beating up on their best player because he's been hurt. They're disappointed but they suck it up and move on. Just what we ought to do. In our case, there's a good chance Watkins can be productive all year, whereas Allen is out, so we should be happy to have Watkins as long as he can play.

Edited by Utah John

Yes, yes I am concerned with long term health of these humans. They are not paid for you nor I. I guess I am just a different type of person then.

WAA WAA What you don't think jobs that people make $30k to $100k can have their health jeopardized? Ever have a manual labor job?

Look, I hope Watkins is OK to play, and he gets through this year in good shape, and comes back in 2017 in actual good health.

But these things happen. No one thinks Keenan Allen is a kitty or fragile, but look at this:

2016 NFL Knee Allen blew out his ACL during play in Week 1, ending his 2016 season.

2015 NFL Kidney Allen came down for a touchdown pass hard on his back and lacerated his kidney. He had to undergo surgery and was placed on IR

2014 NFL Ankle Allen got pulled awkwardly in his week 15 game against the Broncos and had to leave with a sprained ankle and fractured collarbone. He missed the final 2 games of the season.

2012 College Knee Allen tore his PCL in college that required surgery

Finally I doubt the Chargers fans are beating up on their best player because he's been hurt. They're disappointed but they suck it up and move on. Just what we ought to do. In our case, there's a good chance Watkins can be productive all year, whereas Allen is out, so we should be happy to have Watkins as long as he can play.

you are not human.

you are void of emotion.

If you loved the Bills you would be very very upset. and really upset too.

Go back to your planet and play jenga or something

I genuinely feel bad for Sammy. It's a shame that he's had injury problems, but that's not in his control. This guy should be seeing over a dozen targets per game, without question. Deep, screen, SLANTS, wherever. He should be forced the ball.

The second half of last season proved how dangerous he can be when he gets passes his way. Why Roman doesn't do this on a consistent basis just blows my mind. It almost looks intentional.

If I'm Sammy watching Big Ben go to Antonio over and over, I'd be licking my chops to get out of buffalo. If Sammy wants out of buffalo, that's on our management and coaching. I do firmly believe that we need to clean house during or at the end of this season. Time to start a culture of winning. Bye Whaley. Bye Ryan's. Bye players who don't want to be here.

When healthy, he's the best of all of them. He's still very young and will probably put up some huge seasons over the course of his career. It likely won't be this season, however. Julio Jones missed most of a season with basically the same injury, but clearly came back strong.

I doubt is Sammy is the best, but do I suppose that This is somehow possible. However, it is getting more and more difficult to defend Whaley and his "give away the store" trades.

There is a very good chance that this team sucks. We are already without draft picks that Whaley traded away. Do you see any indication that Whaley will stop giving away picks? Where would that leave the team?

I am calling for Whaley to be fired, and this is not a knee jerk reaction to this game. I said it before the season. Whaley is simply not good at his job. He is a kid in a candy store. He cannot resist squandering team resources. Just a rank amateur who is in WAY over his head. Where are the draft picks to correct this mess? How much does Shady make?

He had a couple of good draft picks but so did some of the posters on this board.

With Whaley, and for that matter Brandon and Rex, I think that we are looking ahead at more long term losing.

Very sad but true.

Edited by Bill from NYC