Sit down we need to talk

XXL Franchize

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Bills,

I don't care that's it's week 1. I don't care that we have injuries. I don't care. I have invested so much time, emotion and money into this team and for what. The passion in this relationship is almost non existent at this point. I mean sure I go through all the trouble of figuring out how to spend some time with the team on sundays. Directv can be a pain in the ass to deal with but I do it, for the Bills. But I just don't feel the passion I once had, I've clearly poured more into this relationship than I will ever get back in return. Sure I still wear jerseys, and I defend the Bills when everyone tells me I could do so much better, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions, I used to billieve in us. Deep down I'm just burnt out. But I never wanted another team, I wanted to be good with you.

Now I would never cheat on you, Buffalo, I couldn't. But I would be lying if I said I never looked at other jerseys. When I see Patriots fans gathered together watching their team win, they just seem so happy. Why can't I have that, they say you only accept the love you deserve, well I deserve better. The other day a friend told me that deflategate was bull **** and I agreed, I don't know who I am anymore. We just don't have that spark that we once had. Did you know we had a game on Sunday?!? You didn't even show up. Do you know what it's like when everyone asks me where you are. We had more players on drug suspensions than we had touchdowns.

The other day I told you I was working late, Do you know I was sitting alone at Applebee's watching two teams that actually made it to the superbowl. I feel so alone. I think we need some time apart. I'm staying at my mother's house for a few days until things cool off. I know this can't be fixed in a day but Thursday would be a good start.

I Still Love you Bills, I just want you to love me back

XXL Franchize

Of all the open letters to the team that have been posted here, this is the only good one. Well done.

How come the law of averages never seems to enter into play when it comes to Buffalo sports teams? It's like Pegula put his money into a dark hole - er, oil well.

Oh, dont you worry about Pegula's investment. Win or lose, an NFL franchise is a Cash Cow.

Even if all the fans stopped showing up. The teams make their money on TV contracts. Ticket sales are barely pocket change.

Edited by DrDareustein

I feel the same way. I'm watching this boring game, which I DVRed and watched later, and I see all these exciting games going on and I wished I had recorded the Raiders/Saints game instead.

I'm another that's loyal to a fault.

Fortunately my fantasy team did well do it wasn't a total downer day.

Dear Bills,

I don't care that's it's week 1. I don't care that we have injuries. I don't care. I have invested so much time, emotion and money into this team and for what. The passion in this relationship is almost non existent at this point. I mean sure I go through all the trouble of figuring out how to spend some time with the team on sundays. Directv can be a pain in the ass to deal with but I do it, for the Bills. But I just don't feel the passion I once had, I've clearly poured more into this relationship than I will ever get back in return. Sure I still wear jerseys, and I defend the Bills when everyone tells me I could do so much better, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions, I used to billieve in us. Deep down I'm just burnt out. But I never wanted another team, I wanted to be good with you.

Now I would never cheat on you, Buffalo, I couldn't. But I would be lying if I said I never looked at other jerseys. When I see Patriots fans gathered together watching their team win, they just seem so happy. Why can't I have that, they say you only accept the love you deserve, well I deserve better. The other day a friend told me that deflategate was bull **** and I agreed, I don't know who I am anymore. We just don't have that spark that we once had. Did you know we had a game on Sunday?!? You didn't even show up. Do you know what it's like when everyone asks me where you are. We had more players on drug suspensions than we had touchdowns.

The other day I told you I was working late, Do you know I was sitting alone at Applebee's watching two teams that actually made it to the superbowl. I feel so alone. I think we need some time apart. I'm staying at my mother's house for a few days until things cool off. I know this can't be fixed in a day but Thursday would be a good start.

XXL Franchize

that was pretty damn funny./ :lol:

Dear Bills,

XXL Franchize

Lets work on it.

Give me til thursday night.

:wub:

Dear Bills,

XXL Franchize

But . . . this is not a "funny" post.

It speaks to a lot of us. You guys at OBD need to wake up. You should have woken up about 7 years ago.

----

I was talking to a friend today. Both born-raised in Buffalo, city of. Both been fans since the 80s. Die hard.

About 4 seasons ago i was on the verge of checking out. He kept me afloat for a couple years after. Because (I think) I love football and there is only one team I can possibly root for.

But the JOY has long since passed.

I told my friend today that I have (5 months) started following a Euro soccer "club." I have bought a couple t-shirts and watched 7-8 games. (I could never follow any team in any sport in the USA besides the Bills). And you know what?

. . . I am excited to watch. Win or lose, I feel we have a chance. I actually CARE if the team wins or loses.

More deeply, I realized from following this foreign team that, my Bills fandom is not only dead, but has been dead a long time. I havent felt this way about the Bills since the mid 90s. My fandom is awakened. Elsewhere, unfortunately.

The bottom line, Pegulas, is this: The Bills havent been relevant in this century. Fix it.

The true bottom line is: Fix it or dont, who cares. Me and OP and many other lifelong Bills fans have checked out. You will need to actually WORK to bring us back. Football used to be fun

Edited by maddenboy