The sky is falling...Bills considering shutting Watkins down

Big Turk

No need to tank when you already suck.

Feels worse when you think they moved up to get Watkins and the better receivers drafted after him.

Wouldn't be saying this if he were on a different team. He'd be putting up top numbers from that class if he were targeted like the others, especially Beckham.

Exactly right. Who is going to be a legitimately good team sooner, the Bills or the Browns? I would say the Browns.

They are truly mastering the art of the Madden tank, but it is smart. It would be best trade some of their picks in this upcoming draft into the following year's; there won't be enough talent to rebuild that whole team in one year and their assets are a bit on the low side for future trades....

I'll concur here. It's a top to bottom organization and coaching thing more than a player thing. Except at QB. Don't be fooled by the TT contract. It just bumps his pay up to realistic starting QB pay. But if he doesn't show franchise QB traits this season he's gone next year too.

Yes , one game that the staff had all summer to devise a game plan for . They did it brilliantly. Similarly, the Bills had all summer to dedicate to opening day vs the Ravens. How did that game plan look by comparison ?

The other team had all summer to game plan also.

Feels worse when you think they moved up to get Watkins and the better receivers drafted after him.

Not true, the guy might already be an All-pro, on the cover of madden etc if he went to a team with a capable offense and QB...

The other team had all summer to game plan also.

The other team had our QB for 4 years, as they said the game plan was to make him be a QB.... :bag:

Wouldn't be saying this if he were on a different team. He'd be putting up top numbers from that class if he were targeted like the others, especially Beckham.

Totally agree with this.

His problem would be taking the extra punishment more targets would bring. Not that his injuries have been contact related, but it's not a given that he'd be able to stay healthy with more hits.

If the Bills want to keep him in Buffalo for the long term, I support shutting him down until he's 100%. It'll suck for the short term, but so be it.

They should put him on IR then preemptively on next year's IR too. In fact, they should see about some kind of suspended animation until foot replacement technology has caught up to his predicament. Maybe keep him on ice until our next playoff appearance in 2132, and bring him in for that, at least until the 3rd play when he gets injured again

This jets game will tell us a lot. If they fail against them, the phins may be a better team as well. If that comes to be, 2-14 looks very possible.

I cant even look forward to the draft, they'll just ruin some poor college kid who had dreams of being a success. it's death of a salesman, NFL style

They should put him on IR then preemptively on next year's IR too. In fact, they should see about some kind of suspended animation until foot replacement technology has caught up to his predicament. Maybe keep him on ice until our next playoff appearance in 2132, and bring him in for that, at least until the 3rd play when he gets injured again

Or, you know, just give him a few more weeks of rehabilitation, if there's fear of reinjury.

that would be a pretty catastrophic situation, honestly.

short of a tyrod injury, theres not a single player that would be a bigger loss for their unit.

After yesterday, I am not sure I would put Tyrod in that category. I like Taylor, but he was as ineffective as EJ ever was. If that was EJ yesterday there would be death threats today, yet many still have a lot more patience with Tyrod.

After yesterday, I am not sure I would put Tyrod in that category. I like Taylor, but he was as ineffective as EJ ever was. If that was EJ yesterday there would be death threats today, yet many still have a lot more patience with Tyrod.

Because Tyrod has showed a whole lot more promise? Bad games happen to everyone. Most of EJs games could be classified as bad, up to this point.