Same Old Crap

Kemp

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IIRC, it was the Pegulas who wanted Rex and scheduled the interview.

"It was almost a year ago, in early January, when the Buffalo Bills called Rex Ryan back for a second interview for their head-coaching vacancy. Team president Russ Brandon was so impressed that he told owner Terry Pegula not to let Ryan out of the building."

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22828/playoff-promise-among-rex-ryan-statements-that-will-likely-prove-false

Totally agree with you. Slants, hitting receivers on the move for YAC, 300 or more yard passing games, utilizing a slot receiver these are all things our offense cant do. Then you have a supposedly mobile QB and we dont incorporate any zone read running plays. This offense is at/near the bottom of the league.

I'm for all this. However I think our Oline is so poor that you can't run block or pass block. Everything you want to do after that is cooked

When did Glenn go down? I remember it, just not when

I did think they would be able to maximize their offensive weapons, and for that reason I thought the game wouldn't be all that close. I was wrong. It's almost as if Roman did not remember last year, when he didn't call plays down field for Watkins or anyone else and kept the game under 20 yards. Losing is one thing, losing how they lost is another. That was hot trash.

Kicker missing important kicks.

Coaches cannot get the right play/players in the game and we blow timeouts or take a delay penalty

QB not challenging down field.

Offensive Coordinator allowing the defense to dictate what the offense does.

I heard Tyrod say they were taking what the Ravens gave. I'm sorry, this is a football game. Take what the hell you want to take.

Throw it down field and let Watkins or Clay or Goodwin or Woods make a play. Do they need to watch film of the KC game from

last season when Watkins was doubled and he still made catch after catch after catch? Not being successful is one thing. But they at least have to try don't they? Maybe the catch is made. Maybe a PI is called. If the D gives up only 13 points the Bills should win that game.

Period.

I think you need to go one rung higher, and broom Brandon, also. He is the one constant in this near two decade old playoff drought. He needs to go, too.

I don't like Brandon. I think he is a marketing/public relations con man who has worked himself all the way to the top. That being said, he is president of Pegulas two sports empires.

We're stuck with him for as long as he wants the job.

Edited by LabattBlue

"It was almost a year ago, in early January, when the Buffalo Bills called Rex Ryan back for a second interview for their head-coaching vacancy. Team president Russ Brandon was so impressed that he told owner Terry Pegula not to let Ryan out of the building."

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/22828/playoff-promise-among-rex-ryan-statements-that-will-likely-prove-false

This is why I don't get all the Whaley hate. He was most likely put in a position where he had to hand his drafted players over to one of the most disorganized coaches in the history of sports. As this fiasco continues to circle the bowl and the talented players we've acquired watch their productive years wasted by Rex until his inevitable departure, I wonder about Whaley. I'm not even sure if I feel we should keep him or jettison him with Rex. It became clear today that Rex knows he can't do it any more. I'm sure that is why he hired his brother. Why not have a little fun on the way out. He said himself this is his last chance and he frittered it very quickly.

I don't like Brandon. I think he is a marketing/public relations con man who has worked himself all the way to the top. That being said, he is president of Pegulas two sports empires.

We're stuck with him for as long as he wants the job.

They need someone to head up the football program. This person would effectively wall off russ brandon once and for all. Bill polian would likely send brandon to get his coffee if he wanted to be involved.

Who hired the assclown of a head coach? Brandon, Whaley, or.....PEGULA?

All of them did. And none of them have shown they are qualified to be making that decision. Whaley has found some good players, but he is an imposter as a GM.

The organizational philosophy of "Whaley finds the players and Rex coaches them" or whatever their mantra about "the 53" that Brandon spews in every football media session is asinine. Who is your CEO? Who is setting organizational vision? Is it Whaley? I doubt it because they've changed offensive and defensive styles several times under his watch which tells me he is not dictating anything with regards to how they play on the field. So then it would come down to the HC, but they didn't hire a HC who had any semblance of being an organizational decision maker in his background.

The point is that you can have an organizationally weak GM if you have a CEO type as your HC who will make smart decisions OFF the field and who has the clout and power to be the final decision maker, like a Pete Carroll or Bill Belichek. Conversely, you can have Rex Ryan as your HC if you have a strong GM/Team President who is making organizational decisions. For example, the idea that Ryan tried to run a combination of his defense and the Bills 2014 defense would absolutely not have happened with a strong organizational leader at the GM spot. We've just hired Rex Ryan as our coach and we aren't going to run his defensive system aka the main benefit of having him as your HC? I'm sorry, that doesn't happen with a strong GM helming the franchise.