advice on seating sections at the stadium?

PostRalphEra

trying to decide between 2 different sections for the home opener.

first section is upper deck, row 21, 50 yard line

second section is upper deck, row 5, goal line

Is it worth going up higher for the 50 yard line? or is the lower section where its at, even though i'll have to be at an angle?

Edited by PostRalphEra

Is it worth going up higher for the 50 yard line? or is the lower section where its at, even though i'll have to be at an angle?

Yes

thanks guys. just havin a hard time deciding cuz many people tell me being too high up sucks

I like the better viewing angle, personally. You get the atmosphere of a live game with the advantageous view of the television, camera.

I also bring binoculars to games when I want a close-up view.

I've sat on the 10 in the upper deck, the first year I had seasons, and it's not bad... I do like being able to see everything develop... I don't think you will be disappointed with either of those seats!

I like the better viewing angle, personally. You get the atmosphere of a live game with the advantageous view of the television, camera.

I also bring binoculars to games when I want a close-up view.

I bring binoculars too when I want a different view- I just have to look through them backwards.... Even looking through them backwards, I still can't see through coaches from row 1.... #firstworldproblems

50 yard line if you're in the upper deck. Anything closer to mid-field is the way to go up there. I've sat in the rock pile(free tickets), 30yd line(upper), 50 yd(upper) and 40yd line lower bowl row 3. I'd still take the 50 in the upper bowl. Too low in the lower bowl makes it hard to see.

I had the best seats ever against the panthers in their 3-13 season back in 2001 season on the 50 sitting 20 rows ups in the lower bowl. Ticket only cost me 42 bucks.

Bear in mind if/when the bad weather comes, you get much more of the elements in the upper deck, especially wind.

We are lower bowl corner, tunnel end, and love it there. We sit in the same section as Elvis and the chefs, 12 rows up. Yeah, we can't see half the cool stuff that happens and have to watch the screen, but the cool stuff that happens in our end is awesome to see up close (Cj's kick return for a TD, Sammys first career TD, Johnny Eightball getting smeared by Kyle, etc).

Edited by jimmy10

The moon will be at 99% illumination on Thursday night. While it may not be enough to draw warmth from, its brightness may be something to consider for those with the most sensitive eyes! Especially if the weather is clear!

OP, if you are worried about the moon in your eyes, I would definitely stay away from the visitor sideline.

Moon location at kickoff: https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/light.html?iso=20160916T0030

Moon location for Tyrod kneeldown on the final play: https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/light.html?iso=20160916T0400

The place always looks smaller in person than it does on TV. I am constantly self-suckered into seats in rows with lower numbers. Year after year I get to my seats and think about how I'd have been cool with "worse" seats than what I got. The place has great sight lines... no matter where you are.

Take the 50 and the sun side. Sun will help keep you warm

It's funny, I was living in Florida but returning for a home game. I talked to an old Buffalo buddy who had season tix about the 45 and 30-40 rows up. Primo! He was adamant about being on the sunny side, while people in Florida will pay a serious premium to have shade or sun at their backs. I've turned down free tickets in the early season in FL on many occasions.

The place always looks smaller in person than it does on TV. I am constantly self-suckered into seats in rows with lower numbers. Year after year I get to my seats and think about how I'd have been cool with "worse" seats than what I got. The place has great sight lines... no matter where you are.

No kidding, too low is good in some ways, but stinks in more ways.