Ohiostyle

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

E. Woods?

Good news though. We got something brewing!

She's that blonde chick that went to Harvard. Through a series of mishaps, she wound up successfully defending a popular home fitness mogul in a highly publicized murder trial before even finishing her first year of law school!!

She's that blonde chick that went to Harvard. Through a series of mishaps, she wound up successfully defending a popular home fitness mogul in a highly publicized murder trial before even finishing her first year of law school!!

Is she going to be the new football czar?

I believe Gilmore said he was going to play out the season at this point.

However I hope he changes his mind! They certainly do have something cooking over at OBD.

I think that was from before Tyrod re-signed and the Bills had the leverage of the tag and "Do you really want to play the next 2 seasons on 1-year contracts and risk losing everything to an injury?"

Gilmore lost all his leverage when TT was extended. He would be wise to extend now to avoid injury risk or drop in play prior to Tag/FA decision.

Hope the Bills FO and his agent can find a middle ground.

Locking up Gilmore just gives so many more options for improving the front 7 though if they hit on Lawson and Washington they may be further along than we think. If those two are good, then next year they can draft OL if the value for the front 7 players isn't there.

Gilmore lost all his leverage when TT was extended. He would be wise to extend now to avoid injury risk or drop in play prior to Tag/FA decision.

Hope the Bills FO and his agent can find a middle ground.

Locking up Gilmore just gives so many more options for improving the front 7 though if they hit on Lawson and Washington they may be further along than we think. If those two are good, then next year they can draft OL if the value for the front 7 players isn't there.

Yep, he pretty much is staring the tag in the face if a deal isn't worked out prior. This gives him a chance to get that guaranteed money.

In terms of the draft I think that they are almost certainly going to be looking WR. Woods will most likely walk and there is a big hole that will be filled by Mike Williams or Malachi Dupree. A playmaking S is another need (depending on AW health). RT is another area that can be upgraded but the OL in general has a chance to be a solid unit.

Per @mikerodak of ESPN: The Bills have restructured the contract of center Eric Wood, source tells ESPN NFL Insider Field Yates. He agreed to convert $3.775 million of his $4.775 million base salary to a signing bonus, and added a voidable year in 2018 to his deal. That created about $2.5 million in 2016 cap room for Buffalo.

After his initial struggles with injuries, Eric Wood came around pretty nicely. He is not dominant at his position but is more than adequate. Plus the fact that he was drafted by the Bills and is choosing to continue (and end ?) his career with Buffalo is a big plus in my book. This is good news.

Really hoping they don't break the bank for Gilmore right now. Let the season play out. If Seymour is good enough, he and Darby can hold down the fort. If not, then you sign or tag him. I'd rather they use that money on the front 7 and/or the safety position.

If you have an opportunity to keep top talent you should do that

Gilmore extension time I'm hoping.

@mikerodak

The Bills and reserve center Patrick Lewis have agreed to a 1-year extension, source tells ESPN NFL Insider

I'm thinking it happens before Sunday

Yup, good calls. Start of the regular season is often the effective deadline for completing a new deal in cases like Gilmore's. His agent has been looking for the best deal for him so I've expected negotiations to go up to the last minute.