Food / Condiment that you just can't eat

/dev/null

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A weird one for me are raw onions.

I like onions if they're cooked; like onion rings, grilled, etc.

But raw onions on burgers, salad... eww. I have to pick them off. This applies to all colors.

I recently started tolerating olives again. I was like you guys, but I think I watched too much food channel.

Grilled pineapple with cinnamon! so good.

but i get it, to each their own.

It's not for lack of effort, I promise.

I've actually had grilled pineapple with cinnamon and brown sugar. I psyched myself up so much--working to convince myself that this was my moment--I would enjoy pineapple and be changed!

I tasted it, the cinnamon and sugar were delicious, and I was sure I had finally beaten my aversion. Then, after about 2 seconds, the pineapple flavor hit me, and it was like my mouth had been impinged upon by a foulness not previously known to it. I spat it out instinctively, and sat down in shame.

Beets - have you had them stir-fried, poached, or roasted?

Cauliflower - what? Roast it and add it to your mac 'n' cheese--it's amazing

Clams (I will eat them fried) I'm no help here--I'm allergic to seafood

Oysters see above

Yogurt have you tried full-fat Greek yogurt? Much better taste/texture

Cucumbers kind of tasteless, but what about with salt and a little olive oil?

Pickles (but oddly, I love me some relish) there are many different kinds, do you mean all pickles?

Goooooooooooooooooooooogny, this is unacceptable out of you

Onions, unless cooked.

Broccoli and Cauliflower

Brussel Sprouts

Any raw fish

Carrots

Mushrooms

Spinach if cooked, like it raw in a salad

Oysters, clams (unless fried)

I'm sure there's more because I can be pretty picky. I'm very much a steak and potatoes guy. All the places I've been in the world and I can't get in to a lot of their cuisines.

Ketchup and Ranch Dressing. They have ruined many of the American's palate. No matter what you put ketchup on, the whole meal tastes like ketchup. Same with ranch. They drown out any flavors. While I am at it- is there any food more boring than french fries? I dig frites fried in duck fat. But 90% of french fries taste the same IMO

Ketchup and Ranch Dressing. They have ruined many of the American's palate. No matter what you put ketchup on, the whole meal tastes like ketchup. Same with ranch. They drown out any flavors. While I am at it- is there any food more boring than french fries? I dig frites fried in duck fat. But 90% of french fries taste the same IMO

It's the oil.

French fries need to be fried in animal fat, not industrial seed oils. It's the reason that fries made with duck fat, lard, beef tallow, etc. taste so incredibly delicious.

A weird one for me are raw onions.

I like onions if they're cooked; like onion rings, grilled, etc.

But raw onions on burgers, salad... eww. I have to pick them off. This applies to all colors.

I recently started tolerating olives again. I was like you guys, but I think I watched too much food channel.

Do you like apples and potatoes? Then it is the smell getting in the way with onions?

Don't know where I remember hearing this... Never looked it up to see if it is true.

Supposedly, if it wasn't for our sense of smell, apples & onions would taste the same.

Okay... Just Googled it:

"Yes apples, potatoes and onions will taste the same if you were to somehow block your sense of smell. The following experiment is the perfect way to test this out. It's not even that elaborate or expensive an experiment. All you'll need to conduct it is an apple, an onion and a potato." ~Jan 5, 2015

http://ipfactly.com/without-smell-apples-potatoes-and-onions-taste-the-same/

A true Chicago hotdog does not have ketchup... To add it is sacrilege.

Fries w/salt and malt vinegar for me!