seantrel Henderson facing 4 game suspension

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read thru this thread and not one mention of this fact:

He was suspended THREE TIMES at the U cuz he can't stay out of the wacky tobackey.

Some polly's here got mad when I pointed out how stupid his "Rex hurt my feelings by not calling me" attitude was.

Un-accountable.

have you by any chance watched the new netflix show, Last Chance U? I think it's a great look into the machine that produces these players. They're basically coddled and sheltered and handheld through college and groomed for the pros. They're the first to go to college in their family and they have no support structure outside of the university. From there, they're made millionaires and released into the world. I know you say 'unaccountable' but what if you've never had to BE accountable? you can point to players in good standing if you'd like, but everyone's experience isn't the same. and, disproportionately, poor/lower middle class african american players take the route described above. and then people pretend to be shocked when the marijuana use happens again and again and again and again. or the car racing or drinking or violence.

Edited by quinnearlysghost88

You appear to be hallucinating.

it's the pot

have you by any chance watched the new netflix show, Last Chance U? I think it's a great look into the machine that produces these players. They're basically coddled and sheltered and handheld through college and groomed for the pros. They're the first to go to college in their family and they have no support structure outside of the university. From there, they're made millionaires and released into the world. I know you say 'unaccountable' but what if you've never had to BE accountable? you can point to players in good standing if you'd like, but everyone's experience isn't the same. and, disproportionately, poor/lower middle class african american players take the route described above. and then people pretend to be shocked when the marijuana use happens again and again and again and again. or the car racing or drinking or violence.

very well said

I haven't seen the show, but sounds reasonable enough. I don't know seantrel as a person, certainly don't know the ins and outs of crohn's disease and can only feel badly for the guy in that respect. it's the human thing to do. I can only imagine the pain the marcel dareus' life, and as you pointed out, there are a boatload of enablers and hangers on to go with some life changing money to boot. that's got to be tough in it's own weird, pampered way.

all that said, I just want to watch a decent football team play football. I have no issues calling marcel dareus or seantrel Henderson the buffalo bills football player(s) dumbass(es),because it takes away from that, at least in theory. at the same time, they likely could give less than a **** what I think, and I don't take that personally either.

all the rest of this crap is one long oprah moment as far as I'm concerned.

According to my meetings, yes.

lol

Can we please have the "all that smoke pot are losers / cannabis has no medical value" discussion at the opener? Maybe we can set up a special PPP tent at Hammer's for debate central, get a moderator and have it out! :D:beer:

lol

Can we please have the "all that smoke pot are losers / cannabis has no medical value" discussion at the opener? Maybe we can set up a special PPP tent at Hammer's for debate central, get a moderator and have it out! :D:beer:

Can't,. Do not want second hand smoke triggering a problem with tests at work. Not have a union like NFLPA which will appeal endlessly and allow three strikes (like the matches used to light the joint or bud or bong) and you are out.

lol

I don't enter anything associated with PPP.... Swear that's where people locked in basements find their balls.... Lol

Can't,. Do not want second hand smoke triggering a problem with tests at work. Not have a union like NFLPA which will appeal endlessly and allow three strikes (like the matches used to light the joint or bud or bong) and you are out.

Hey, hey - nothing illegal in Hammer's, just a good squared circle for political debate, which as pointed out above, is likely more dangerous than any drug or alcohol! 😂

lol

Probably a bad idea. All the drunks would beat you up

@NateGearyWGR

Hey check out my piece about Seantrel Henderson, y'all. http://www.wgr550.com/Seantrel-Henderson-Why-the-NFL-Needs-to-get-this-r/22868700

It was announced Wednesday afternoon that the Bills would be without yet another player for four games after the team’s third violation of the NFL’s substance abuse policy. Offensive lineman Seantrel Henderson, who faced multiple suspensions for marijuana use while playing for the University of Miami and tested positive during the 2014 combine in Indianapolis, is just the latest casualty to a flawed NFL drug policy.

The issue however isn’t the NFL’s antiquated stance on marijuana and its place in professional sports, rather, it’s their negligence in offering little to no concern about their candy like distribution of uber-addictive opiates such as Vicodin and oxycodone.

Very interesting article. You do realize you are expecting a league that can't even figure out what a legal catch is to make an informed decision on drug use and abuse. Good luck with that.

Hey, some guy got off from killing 4 people because "Affluenza" made him not know that driving drunk was a bad thing. Sure. No Accountability because no one told you not to do it. Let's do it.

Edited by jeremy2020