Justin Hunter???

JTO

Actually,

Hunter was the 34th pick in the 2013 draft after ex-GM Ruston Webster executed a trade up with the 49ers to nab him. He showed some early-career promise in 2013 and 2014, catching 46 balls for 852 yards (18.52 YPR) and seven touchdowns, but the wheels came falling off when he got hurt at the end of the 2014 season and failed to take hold of a starting job in 2015. Hunter has an intriguing blend of size and speed at 6'4/203, but he's yet to seem to get "it." It wouldn't be a shock to see another team claim him off waivers based on perceived upside.

Don't be surprised if the bills make a run st 6'4" Justin Hunter. Played for Roman in San Fran.

I wouldn't mind the Bills taking a shot here. Exceptional physical tools and certainly showed flashes his first two years in the league. Certainly fallen off recently but at age 25 he still should have most of the physical tools he entered the league with. Maybe a chance of scenery and a new sense of desperation after being cut and on a new one year prove it deal could turn him around. Right now the Bills don't have a lot to inspire you at receiver. Why not try Hunter at WR#2 and move Woods to the slot? It certainly won't be worse than what we have.

Interestingly if you remember Buddy Nix said we "liked them both" when talking about Hunter and Woods who went withing a few picks of each other in that 2013 draft. Whaley was the Assistant GM back then maybe he had a high grade on Hunter? Sure the pro-scouting guys have looked carefully at him as a pro as well though and they will take a view on if he is salvageable.

Edited by GunnerBill

Rex wants a big receiver. I'm sure if they add a guy it will be someone like Hunter

Yep. His disappointment with Dez Lewis has been rather obvious. He knows you need a size matchup guy that actually can catch some balls. Seems Lewis is always trying to catch into his body rather than with his hands. Anyway, I'd expect Rex to have interest in a WR like Hunter.

• 4 weeks later...