John Miller's progress, how has he looked?

Cover 1

the way kromer has developed guys, and with millers own potential -- im pretty optimistic

I agree. I watched every snap he has played in and so far and he has looked much better.

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Some of your best work yet, Erik. And that's saying something as all your pieces are high quality analysis.

I thought Miller was a revelation last year, from his first snap vs. Carolina in preseason. I'm convinced his high ankle played a large part in his struggles. He's just moving a whole lot better so far this summer. I'm hoping better health, a year in the system, and the tutelage from his linemates and coaches equates to a solid year.

GO BILLS!!!

Some of your best work yet, Erik. And that's saying something as all your pieces are high quality analysis.

I thought Miller was a revelation last year, from his first snap vs. Carolina in preseason. I'm convinced his high ankle played a large part in his struggles. He's just moving a whole lot better so far this summer. I'm hoping better health, a year in the system, and the tutelage from his linemates and coaches equates to a solid year.

GO BILLS!!!

Agreed!

The year in the system is huge, and for me, I felt leading up to the 2015 draft that the best thing for Miller would be his first full offseason in an NFL training program. He was "country strong" at Louisville; he needs to be "functionally strong" to improve his game. His ability to re-anchor against the bull rush makes it evident to me that he's been working hard this offseason.

GO BILLS!!!

Thanks! His ankle did have something to do w it. But susceptibility to the inside rush was an issue of his coming out. Just needed to refine his technique on how to cut the inside rush off.

Agreed!

The year in the system is huge, and for me, I felt leading up to the 2015 draft that the best thing for Miller would be his first full offseason in an NFL training program. He was "country strong" at Louisville; he needs to be "functionally strong" to improve his game. His ability to re-anchor against the bull rush makes it evident to me that he's been working hard this offseason.

U nailed it! Country strong. Lol love it.

I thought he played better than his PFF grade last year and I have railed against the "our whole right side stinks" narrative because when I watched the games back last year it wasn't what my eyes saw. I haven't focussed too much on him this pre-season so I will look at the analysis with interest!

I also believe that mentally he wasn't all the way there with the passing of his mother as well. Combine that with the injury and I think that was the reason for his down year. I think he has looked much better this preseason and have high hopes for the young man.

I'm expecting John Miller to have a solid year. He looks much stronger and his technique much improved. Have you guys watched him closely this preseason?

Haven't watched any preseason games, but great analysis on Miller and EJ. Definitely visiting your site more often!

If he pans out, we are a high end RT away from having a dominant offensive line.

by nfl standards, we are already pretty much there. 3 established top end vets, a young promising guy and sorting out 1 position is about the most you ever get. Paired with an excellent position coach and OC for the group.... i think youd be hardpressed to put many teams overall offensive line situations above us.

I thought he played better than his PFF grade last year and I have railed against the "our whole right side stinks" narrative because when I watched the games back last year it wasn't what my eyes saw. I haven't focussed too much on him this pre-season so I will look at the analysis with interest!

What you say may be true, but many people here think you have "slow eyes".

I'm expecting John Miller to have a solid year. He looks much stronger and his technique much improved. Have you guys watched him closely this preseason?

Hopefully his transition from CFB to the NFL is complete with his biggest need for improvement in Pass Pro. It's hard to know exactly where is he until we see him in real game action beginning in Baltimore.

by nfl standards, we are already pretty much there. 3 established top end vets, a young promising guy and sorting out 1 position is about the most you ever get. Paired with an excellent position coach and OC for the group.... i think youd be hardpressed to put many teams overall offensive line situations above us.

Agreed for this year, I think the line will do us well, providing that Mills holds up his end of the bargain. But Wood and Incognito aren't young bucks anymore, and the team should address that issue before it becomes a problem.

Agreed for this year, I think the line will do us well, providing that Mills holds up his end of the bargain. But Wood and Incognito aren't young bucks anymore, and the team should address that issue before it becomes a problem.

Mills and Miller played pretty well together to end the season and in preseason.

I haven't been watching too much this pre-season but I thought Miller was going to be a stud contributor last season as he looked good in per-season and solid to start the year. But then the injury hit and even though a high ankle sprain isn't a major injury its a nagging one that lingers for a long time. So it sounds encouraging that Miller has looked good year two. Hopefully Mills can be an adequate RT and then the O-line could easily push to be a top 5 unit in the league.

Those were exactly my thoughts. One of those advanced stats websites had TT getting the second most in terms of seconds to throw last year. It's just easy to blame the line whenever a play doesn't work. I'm betting this line will be ranked top 3 this year in the NFL. We'll run the hell out of the ball, McCoy is healthy for now so look for a big September from him.

What I cannot wait to see is T-Mobile to Sammy and Clay. I even think Woods will look better.

I'm not worried about Mills, and Henderson will work his way back by October or so.

As we all know continuity is huge with an Offensive line group. The whole is more than the individual pieces. Or less , depending.

If Miller and Mills are on the same page ? I feel very confident. If Hendy and CK can spell or be the 6th, Bills might well field one of the best. Shouts to Roman and Kromer of course.

Dial in some TE work and wowsers

I wish more people understood this.