Joe B.'s 53 man roster

Joe B has published his take on the 53 man roster. My assessment of his take is that he called it pretty well.

What say you, TBD'ians?

Depending on what's up with Henderson, I think the Bills may put him on reserve/non-football-injury (he could come back in 6 weeks) or even IR, and keep 6 safeties for now. I also think they'll be looking hard through the scrap bin for an upgrade at OT and TE, but the Bills have surprised me before by NOT doing this. Frankly, for Henderson's long term health, I think they should. He has not had a lot of time to recover from major abdominal surgery for a football player - enough time for an ordinary citizen who is walking to his car, going to the gym, maybe training to run a 10k or a century bike ride - but not enough for a football player. Take the season off and refine his management of his disease, come back at full go, and then see where he is next preseason.

Gronkowski will be on the practice team, not the 53 man roster. Henderson will get to take the year off...non football etc.(good writeup above on that) I am not sure about Meeks........Blanton might keep the slot imho. Lattimore did look good, but I don't see a slot. Disappointed that after 3 years, Randall Johnson will be cut. He was supposed to be a stud, but never made it onto the field as part of the D.

Bottom of the barrel OL is all you'll find at any point of season. Its more important carrying the extra DB. The extra DB will learn the schemes,plays etc. And with komer I am fine with him bringing in a guy he already knows for his scheme to coach them up quick.

That said, if our 53 is rounded out by Groy and Gronk I would be surprised. Gronk is in this opportunity because of his name and Rex Ryan loving the trolling effect plus, doesn't hurt he is a hometown kid.

When's Cut-down Day? I got the last one wrong.

Tomorrow. By 4 pm Eastern, I believe.

Joe B has published his take on the 53 man roster. My assessment of his take is that he called it pretty well.

What say you, TBD'ians?

<snip> I also think they'll be looking hard through the scrap bin for an upgrade at OT and TE, but the Bills have surprised me before by NOT doing this. <snip>

Jace Amaro?

http://nypost.com/2016/09/02/was-this-the-end-of-jace-amaros-career-as-a-jet/

Bottom of the barrel OL is all you'll find at any point of season. Its more important carrying the extra DB. The extra DB will learn the schemes,plays etc. And with komer I am fine with him bringing in a guy he already knows for his scheme to coach them up quick.

Additionally, the extra Safety will play Special Teams and replace keeping the extra WR (Easley) like we have in the past.

OL aint covering kicks and punts.

I wouldnt be surprised to see them keep 6 Safeties just for Special Teams alone.

Edit. Did I miss Easley?

He done.

It is striking how poor our depth is at almost every position, including, in particular, O-line, WR, TE, and LB. I also see very few non-starters that are up and coming type players, so I am not sure we will see many jumps in player development over this season from that pool of players.