Mark Gaughan gives up b4 the season even starts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yolo- I assume your being sarcastic, but it's related to the article from the BN this morning. He's predicting 8-8. It's like any other year, we could go from 6-10 to 11-5. I was looking at each game, amd thought 10-6 looks right.

I think it's fair; the Bills have a tough schedule.

Yolo- I assume your being sarcastic, but it's related to the article from the BN this morning. He's predicting 8-8. It's like any other year, we could go from 6-10 to 11-5. I was looking at each game, amd thought 10-6 looks right.

i did the schedule thing for every team and I ended up at 11-5. 10-6 def seems more realistic. Edited by mrags

no, not sarcastic. I didn't see the article and didn't know he was.

I don't read Gaug's stuff. His beat isn't even the NFL. He's a hack when he writes about the Bills. Just keeping up his quota for articles.

Other than the man himself, he's pretty much the reason Andre's in the HOF. Far from a hack.

Sure we're all bruised up from season after season of no playoffs, but for Mark Gaughan to simply punt before the season starts when the team looks pretty much solid and healthy is just lame, right?

He might be right with 8-8, especially if we suffer any more key injuries. But he doesn't even acknowledge the possibility of the drought ending.

The key to the season is the first seven games. The middle stretch is very difficult, and then it eases up again at the end.

Start off strong at 5-2 or even, dare I say it, 6-1, and anything is possible because the team will have momentum and start believing in themselves. 4-3 or worse in those first seven and December will likely be meaningless once again. In particular, the 4-week stretch of Pats***, @Seattle, and @Cinci in weeks 8-11 (bye before Cinci) is a bear. Can't see the Bills winning more than one of those three, and an 0-fer is a distinct possibility.

Edited by eball