Rueben Randle for 3rd receiver?

prophrox2

Randle has more experience and talent than the rest of our #3s combined. I know he is a bit of a knucklehead, but the Eagles have let him go and he could be signed for a cheap 1 year contract, if he plays well maybe he can stay if Woods gets a contract elsewhere... I think it is worth brining him in at least.

I saw and thought...man, somebody on this board is gonna want to pick him up.

That WR crew down in Philly is awful and they couldn't get rid of him fast enough. He doesn't have many chances left in the NFL - we can only hope one of them is not extended to him by Buffalo.

Reuben Randle sucks. If he was "more talented" than the receivers we currently have, he'd already be here. And he wouldn't have gotten cut by the Eagles either. He sucks.

I always wounder if fans value other teams players simply because they don't watch the other teams as much? You tend to only pay attention to other teams players if they are doing well, some bad stands out but when you only watch a team fully once or twice a year the good plays stand out in your memory more.

That being said is Randle this late into the pre-season going to come in and master the system under a new coach and get chemistry with new teammates more so than the players who have been working since the Spring? Probably not, at least in the short term. If the management wanted to kick the tires on Randle as a longer term project, there is a case for that. But more than likely the Bills will go with the Devil they know and hope one lands.

If Randle got booted from Philly, a not so strong WR core. I think he won't be getting serious calls until injuries hit. Hopefully he makes the most of what could be his last significant playing opportunity it could be his last legit chance to play some more years in the league.

Randle has more experience and talent than the rest of our #3s combined. I know he is a bit of a knucklehead, but the Eagles have let him go and he could be signed for a cheap 1 year contract, if he plays well maybe he can stay if Woods gets a contract elsewhere... I think it is worth brining him in at least.

can't hurt

I'd have been in favour of brining him in during March / April when we signed the likes of Boykin and Little. However, this close to the season for me to bring in someone who doesn't know the play book they need to be a very obvious upgrade on what we have and I think Randle is more of the same.

Edited by GunnerBill

He does?

I'll put it this way:

The Eagles receiving corps is in desperate shape. After cutting DeSean Jackson and letting Jeremy Maclin walk in free agency, they were banking on their draft picks stepping up.

Jordan Matthews was the only one who has shown any promise, but he's at best a Robert Woods, and looks more like Josh Reed. Huff has been relegated to punt duty. Agholor, their first round pick from last year, can't crack the starting lineup.They just traded for Dorial Green-Beckham.

So when they cut Rueben Randle, please understand the depth of that meaning.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

I'll put it this way:

The Eagles receiving corps is in desperate shape. After cutting DeSean Jackson and letting Jeremy Maclin walk in free agency, they were banking on their draft picks stepping up.

Jordan Matthews was the only one who has shown any promise, but he's at best a Robert Woods, and looks more like Josh Reed. Huff has been relegated to punt duty. Agholor, their first round pick from last year, can't crack the starting lineup.They just traded for Dorial Green-Beckham.

So when they cut Rueben Randle, please understand the depth of that meaning.

This is probably all correct, but one thing makes me want to look more closely at Randle. That thing is Doug Pederson, who is an idiot. If anyone has watched Randle play recently, please share. The second round of cuts is more likely to yield a WR worth bringing in.

can't hurt

Unfortunately, this team is not a TEAM (yet?) and the wrong type of person can easily do more harm than good to making his group into a winner. My big fear with this group is that they have as yet to demonstrate the internal maturity of player leadership that an older hand like a Peyton Manning who has done it before forces on his young testosterone and other drug laden talented youth to discipline themselves.

A talented headcase can become a cancer on a team not only because the "talent" is a self-centered egoist, but also when the group does not have vet leadership to force the talented kid to shape-up or ship out.

Tyrod is too young and hasn't done it yet, Shady is too focused on himself and his barroom brawls and no defensive vet has emerged to be a refuse to lose player that actually picking up a headcase who may be far more talented than our current #3 WR can actually hurt the team.