The Bills Sign Another QB - Austin Trainor, Now Released

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rated 999th out of 102 quarterbacks when he came out according to Frank Cooney's College Football:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=132702&draftyear=2014&genpos=QB

College: West Georgia Number: 15

Height: 6-2 Weight: 228

Position: QB Pos2:

Class/Draft Year: rSr/2014

40 Low: 5.00 40 Time: 5.10 40 High: 5.21

Projected Round: Stock: same.gif

Rated number 999 out of 102 QB's

He's got room to grow! :lol:

Absolutely hate this signing.

You have high quality guys like Matt Leinart and Jordan Palmer out there!

Maybe we could lure Tebow away from his baseball career?

Rated 999th out of 102 quarterbacks when he came out according to Frank Cooney's College Football:

He's got room to grow! :lol:

Nowhere to go but up

Now that would be hilarious and blown up the site! Well done Dev!

What will blow up the site is if he performs well. Then people will be calling for EJ to be cut or traded. You know someone would start that thread. Kind of like the "Jordan Palmer's footwork" thread.

That's about the only way to "stash" him, put him on IR. Unless he's hurt much worst than we know and is likely to be unavailable for some time, can't see any way around it other than cut him and hope no other team selects him, but typically a 4th rounder who has looked decent in training camp would never make it through waivers.

I suppose the Bills could start a rumor that Jones has failed his 3rd drug test since camp started. Maybe that would keep other teams away.

HA ! excellent

So now the backup can't be exposed? He needs the reps.

This kid is going to play the whole game? He's going to walk in knowing nothing and play and that is going to help the coaching staff decide who on the offense should be cut?

I agree. C. Jones in all intent & purpose will be inactive for the next 17 wks...he needs to have live game action for his development, IMO.

He can rest his shoulder and arm while running the scout team during the regular season.

So Taylor and EJ don't have to play Thursday

So this guy is going to hand the ball off for 4 Q's?

Wouldn't it make more sense to forfeit, so no one can get hurt?

I agree. C. Jones in all intent & purpose will be inactive for the next 17 wks...he needs to have live game action for his development, IMO.

He can rest his shoulder and arm while running the scout team during the regular season.

I meant our other backup QB....

Joe Licata is >> than this scrub.

I'm not critical of the Bills here. The had to do what they had to do at the time they cut JL.

I bet they would like JL better than Austin Trainor. Sources tell me.

Joe Licata is currently a Bengal and I think they'd be a little upset if we tried to sign him today. Now, they might sign him (or someone else who gets cut) on Tuesday if the Bengals release him and Austin Trainor might not even make it to the game on Thursday.

Edited by That's No Moon

it goes to show what an absolute joke the preseason is. Week 4 of the preseason is like watching the pro bowl. It needs to be fixed.

18 regular season games, 2 preseason games with a 2 week preseason bye before kickoff weekend is all they need.

Enough of the glorified practices that players like this get teased in. he'll be cut come Friday.

The NFL wants 18 regular games. They have to pay the players for it though so it's not going to happen until the next CBA