The Bills Sign Another QB - Austin Trainor, Now Released

So are weeks 1-3. I just can't get into it. I recorded the games but only watched about five minutes of the first game.

Week 2 was fun, only because the Bills made the Giants (well, the Ryan Nassib-led Giants) look pathetic. So I actually enjoyed that one. The rest is awful. I know a guy who actually bets preseason games in Vegas. I can't even wrap my mind around that.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To not expose Tyrod or EJ to injury in the who cares 4th preseason game on Thursday.

^this

Enough of the glorified practices that players like this get teased in. he'll be cut come Friday.

Or if he plays somewhat well maybe get re-signed to the Practice Squad

Worst case an insignificant players gets some play time in an insignificant game.

Best case kid gets picked up on a Practice Squad somewhere and gets to live the dream at least for a little while

New Bills QB Austin Trainor played last season for the Florida Blacktips of the Fall Experimental Football League (FXFL).

OK, you made me google that. It's apparently real ... He's the first real FXFL success story. Put "He Hate Me" on that Number 9 jersey!

EDIT: from the Florida Blacktips Wiki page:

The Blacktips were unusual among FXFL teams in that it did not rely on NFL preseason castoffs for the majority of its roster (indeed, an article in The New York Times described the Blacktips as having "no set roster").[5] Its players were also paid significantly less than the other FXFL franchises, receiving only $300 for each of the two games that were played as opposed to the $1000 per game payout of the other teams.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

That's about the only way to "stash" him, put him on IR. Unless he's hurt much worst than we know and is likely to be unavailable for some time, can't see any way around it other than cut him and hope no other team selects him, but typically a 4th rounder who has looked decent in training camp would never make it through waivers.

I suppose the Bills could start a rumor that Jones has failed his 3rd drug test since camp started. Maybe that would keep other teams away.

Even after "news" of personal issues, I have this weird suspicion that the Bills are going to try to find a way to stash Jones and free up a roster spot. Like a phantom redshirt IR move