Kaepernick and the National Anthem

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color." ??????

Exactly how and where are Black people and people of color oppressed? They have their own TV Station, Colleges, many of them play in NFL and make millions. This is more like desperate attempt by a fading star to grab attention because he is loosing his job to Gabbert.

Hmmm. It's so simple. Black people are just whiners. Violent whiners! I love when statistics tell the whole story!

Black culture has such a rich history here in America. I don't know why they couldn't build on it. Also i can tell from your numbers that they're just violent. Why are they committing so many crimes? When are they going to stop? They're so lucky to be in the United States of America. Their families immigrated here for a reason.

It's like- just stop selling drugs and committing crimes. I have never seen a Mcdonalds that wasn't hiring. Also if you wan't more, just take advantage of the rich educational system in populous black areas. If you really want to learn it doesn't matter if you get your education in a dangerous hell hole; just do it! It's not easy for the kids in the suburbs either. You think cutting the lawn and taking out the dog is easy?! PUHHLEASEEE.

Here's some unrelated numbers i found.

Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate,27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent. 45.8 percent of young black children (under age 6) live in poverty, compared to 14.5 percent of white children.

This probably isn't related to the higher rates of crimes committed by black males. Since when did poverty and crime ever go hand in hand?

Oh here it is, the race card on statistics! I made no statement about Black people being criminals or who's fault it is.

People like CK make a ridiculous claim that an oppressive police force is murdering specifically minorities in the streets. They show statistics that show a disproportionate amount of blacks are involved in police shootings than white people (despite twice as many white people being killed).

The explanation for this deviation from proportion is the higher level of contact with police, yes maybe because of poverty, or many other reasons that there is a higher proportion of crime but the important point is that it isn't racial bias by police.

Edit: And I am not calling anyone a whiner. I am calling them wrong.

Edited by What a Tuel

Oh here it is, the race card on statistics! I made no statement about Black people being criminals or who's fault it is.

People like CK make a ridiculous claim that an oppressive police force is murdering specifically minorities in the streets. They show statistics that show a disproportionate amount of blacks are involved in police shootings than white people (despite twice as many white people being killed).

The explanation for this deviation from proportion is the higher level of contact with police, yes maybe because of poverty, or many other reasons that there is a higher proportion of crime but the important point is that it isn't racial bias by police.

Sorry didn't mean to pull out the race card. Sometimes i'm just too PC. I think you didn't understand me. I just wanted to thank you for floating a fresh original idea that no one seems to be talking about Jeff:

Black people are making up the problems they have with police in their silly poverty stricken heads. Who gives a !@#$ if all of their communities have expressed the same fears and complaints of systematic discrimination. That stuff hasn't been legal for 60 years or so. That's a very, very, long time ago; biases and discrimination no longer exist. Get over it. Between you and me-- Black people lie ALOT. SAD! They are also committing the majority of crimes in America despite their opportunities. Affirmative action anyone?

I was agreeing with your fresh point man. I'm just glad you weren't too PC to say it. Thanks for making it simple for the rest of the sheeple on this board. A+

Friends? Jeff?

Edit: Black people ARE wrong. I can tell by your numbers. They've just got it all wrong; if they'd just pay attention to the numbers and ignore personal experiences they'd get it. Those kind of people tend to be too emotional.

Edited by Billschinatown

Sorry didn't mean to pull out the race card. Sometimes i'm just too PC. I think you didn't understand me. I just wanted to thank you for floating a fresh original idea that no one seems to be talking about Jeff:

Black people are making up the problems they have with police in their silly poverty stricken heads. Who gives a !@#$ if all of their communities have expressed the same fears and complaints of systematic discrimination. That stuff hasn't been legal for 60 years or so. That's a very, very, long time ago; biases and discrimination no longer exist. Get over it. Between you and me-- Black people lie ALOT. SAD! They are also committing the majority of crimes in America despite their opportunities. Affirmative action anyone?

I was agreeing with your fresh point man. I'm just glad you weren't too PC to say it. Thanks for making it simple for the rest of the sheeple on this board. A+

Friends? Jeff?

I don't know what you are on, but it took me a minute to figure out why you were calling me Jeff :lol:

Either way keep using that "existence" of some problem that can't be refuted as basis for an epidemic of epic proportions that "all communities" virtually agree on. The system is just holding everyone down. :lol:

I don't know what you are on, but it took me a minute to figure out why you were calling me Jeff :lol:

Either way keep using that "existence" of some problem that can't be refuted as basis for an epidemic of epic proportions that "all communities" virtually agree on. The system is just holding everyone down. :lol:

I mean i can agree on. It is holding us all down. I think we just disagree that it's holding all of us down equally.

Did we solve the crisis yet? I think we're almost there.

Edited by Billschinatown

Man. It must be so nice to live in a world where Santa Claus is real. I bet you save a ton of money every Christmas.

Well I will keep waiting for something outside of anecdotal cases to tell me otherwise. You keep believing in fairy tales of the big bad cop.

Get the !@#$ out then Colin you pos.....you always respect your country's anthem no matter what your view points....

A country that has provided him millions of dollars to sling a football in which he basically sucks at

100% agree. F!@# him, go somewhere else see how you like it.

They will never ever acknowledge this.

There is no statistical bias in police shootings of black people. Zero. None.

Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to Mac Donald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as Mac Donald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

Even if we take each case apart like the media is doing, there is no concerted effort to kill blacks by police. There just isn't. It's tin foil hat time when we dig up anecdotal cases and say "well there was a good shot that these 2 cops would've made it out just fine without shooting the guy that was wrestling with them, so they must hate black people and want to murder them"

As for CK's answers to his questions? Well he is still an idiot. For instance:

Q: What would you like to see changed?

-KAEPERNICK: Theres a lot of things that need to change. One specifically is police brutality, theres people being murdered unjustly and not being held accountable.

The cops are getting paid leave for killing people. Thats not right. Thats not right by anyones standards.

He takes issue with paid leave. Paid leave because the investigation isn't complete, and they were in the line of duty you nitwit. We think police officers should be incarcerated after every time they fire their gun now? Just in case? Wait until the facts are out and the investigation is complete.

Of course they won't. People need somebody other than themselves to blame.

Well I will keep waiting for something outside of anecdotal cases to tell me otherwise. You keep believing in fairy tales of the big bad cop.

jeff-tuel-throws-a-terrible-pick-six-on-

Edit: I honestly regret posting this pic; I think i still have PTSD from that game.

Edited by Billschinatown

WNY is loaded with load mouths who love the 1st amendment. It's great to live in an area that has such a tolerance for free speech. Also it's great that 1/2 the households own guns and we remain a moderate city where Hillary Clinton won Erie & Monroe County while Sanders won virtually every other county in WNY. Is this more of a difference in small town vs big city, or the suburbanites tend to be anti-2nd amendment and pro-"moderate" policies like wars of regime change, free trade deals, Wall Street bailouts & voting based on gender and identity politics?

Me thinks the Make 'Murica Great Again crowd led by Tom Brady and Rex Ryan would have a tough time having Kaep on their team. #YourFired

Edited by Dr.Sack

We should all do , think and say the same thing. Do what our leaders tell us and not question anything. Maybe we could wear brown uniforms with swastika armbands too!

I think their unis were black.

Hmmm. It's so simple. Black people are just whiners. Violent whiners! I love when statistics tell the whole story!

Black culture has such a rich history here in America. I don't know why they couldn't build on it. Also i can tell from your numbers that they're just violent. Why are they committing so many crimes? When are they going to stop? They're so lucky to be in the United States of America. Their families immigrated here for a reason.

It's like- just stop selling drugs and committing crimes. I have never seen a Mcdonalds that wasn't hiring. Also if you wan't more, just take advantage of the rich educational system in populous black areas. If you really want to learn it doesn't matter if you get your education in a dangerous hell hole; just do it! It's not easy for the kids in the suburbs either. You think cutting the lawn and taking out the dog is easy?! PUHHLEASEEE.

Here's some unrelated numbers i found.

Among racial and ethnic groups, African Americans had the highest poverty rate,27.4 percent, followed by Hispanics at 26.6 percent and whites at 9.9 percent. 45.8 percent of young black children (under age 6) live in poverty, compared to 14.5 percent of white children.

This probably isn't related to the higher rates of crimes committed by black males. Since when did poverty and crime ever go hand in hand?

Oh my poor me, poor me. Every ethnic group has been oppressed in this dam country. The Irish, the Itilians, the Muslims, the Jews, and the list goes on. Lest not forget the American Indians. People need to stop playing the race card nonsense and take responsibility for their own actions. Try parenting and teach your kids right from wrong. Edited by DirtDart

please. Kaepernick is not the first to sit down for the national anthem since then. that he's the latest is notable in this time when race is relevant. that other athletes have supported CK with his stance should not be ignored. perhaps, others should follow.

jw

Others will follow, it's just a matter of time before people stand with him. Depending on how it is perceived it could become a huge issue with half the players sitting in protest. Maybe this is a good thing, who am I to say. I have my opinion and he wouldn't like it.

Having said that the NFL decided it would play the national anthem, so what will they do if a large portion of the players chooses not to stand?

Speaking of the NFL it is not innocent in the racism department. At least not 100%, although much of it is old there is still racism in the NFL. Maybe this is where he should take his stand and choose not to play?

I saw the picture of his car, is not standing his only way of helping to resolve this issue or is he more involved? I honestly don't know. Seems like other actions he is doing would be included if this stand is so important to him. And no a few social media posts do not count as helping the situation, what else is he doing? Once we know, then we can determine if he is being genuine or not.