Kaepernick and the National Anthem

Teams are already announcing they won't be kneeling during games any more.

They know a losing cause when they see one, assuming the Cheetoh keeps his piehole shut.

Perhaps if we're lucky, the reboot of Will & Grace will make fun of Trump tonight, Trump will start tweeting about that, Debra Messing will schit another purple Twinkie, and football can get back to being something to watch to escape the rest of the world.

Like I said...Losing cause.

DK1I3YzUEAE9HLs.jpg

They weren't protesting those who keep us safe while protesting the police... who keep us safe.

Jefferson wrote the preamble. Pretty much all of the declaration. Adams made a few corrections but not to the preamble.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/why-did-jefferson-draft-the-declaration-of-independence

They should have let Franklin write it. Even if he had slipped a few jokes into it, it would have been worth the read!

Jefferson wrote the preamble. Pretty much all of the declaration. Adams made a few corrections but not to the preamble.

https://constitutioncenter.org/blog/why-did-jefferson-draft-the-declaration-of-independence

Jefferson's original draft listed the institution of slavery as a grievance against the crown.

Jefferson's original draft listed the institution of slavery as a grievance against the crown.

Yep. I recently did a ton of research on it. All of the big guns wanted to abolish slavery in the Declaration. But they eventually decided they couldn't get the southern colonies to agree to it so they took out that request. Which made it harder to understand why Jefferson and Washington kept owning slaves for years after. Jefferson especially was a really interesting but complex and strange guy.

I'd appreciate it if you used the name she prefers.

Lying sack of excrement?

Teams are already announcing they won't be kneeling during games any more.

They know a losing cause when they see one, assuming the Cheetoh keeps his piehole shut.

Perhaps if we're lucky, the reboot of Will & Grace will make fun of Trump tonight, Trump will start tweeting about that, Debra Messing will schit another purple Twinkie, and football can get back to being something to watch to escape the rest of the world.Like I said...Losing cause.

DK1I3YzUEAE9HLs.jpg

So, at the end of the day Trump wins?

After 1 week of a lot of players kneeling, they're all going to stand moving forward?

Interesting.

Why? I mean, what the !@#$ is the NFL going to do?

I'm pretty sure that the meeting was about what the protests were doing to the game and eventually the player's pocketbooks. The NFL and/or the teams should have put a stop to this last year. The league and individual teams need to have a policy that everyone stands and shows respect for the national anthem. That can easily be a workplace rule and not have any bearing on free speech.

I'm pretty sure that the meeting was about what the protests were doing to the game and eventually the player's pocketbooks. The NFL and/or the teams should have put a stop to this last year. The league and individual teams need to have a policy that everyone stands and shows respect for the national anthem. That can easily be a workplace rule and not have any bearing on free speech.

Yep. That's the only way to do it.

They fell 7.1% compared to last year...I could see 7% of diehard NFL fans being so upset by the protests they stop buying tickets. That's really not a big decrease...

Admittedly haven't looked at the raw numbers but if you had to explain a 7% decrease to your investors/shareholders/whatever, chances are someone's packing up your desk while you're talking.

Edited by Kevbeau

They fell 7.1% compared to last year, they just use 17.9% to make the headline stronger because that's what propaganda outlets do. But that sounds about right. I could see 7% of diehard NFL fans being so upset by the protests they stop buying tickets. That's really not a big decrease and it's impossible to know how much is from the protests and how much is from chance.

That's also just one online ticket retailer so who knows if it's a widespread decrease.

I suspect the protests will lead to SOME decrease in ratings, etc., I just don't think it will be that big. Most people don't care that much. They might care enough to whine about it online. But most people won't stop watching entirely.

Businesses don't stay in business for long if they take that attitude.

Yep. I recently did a ton of research on it. All of the big guns wanted to abolish slavery in the Declaration. But they eventually decided they couldn't get the southern colonies to agree to it so they took out that request. Which made it harder to understand why Jefferson and Washington kept owning slaves for years after. Jefferson especially was a really interesting but complex and strange guy.

If you were going to be a planter at the time it was pretty much a necessity. Had it been banned across the country it would have been a different story, but when the competition has cheaper labor you do what you have to do or go out of business. It's easy for us to moralize, but the majority of people today who would tarnish his legacy would have done the same thing had they grown up in that time and found themselves in that situation.

Are there still waiting lists for season tickets in Chicago, Denver, etc... What the last 30 years?

Did those dry up?

What seems to be the problem? When was the last black out in any major market?

Wowzer! How will I ever dump my PSL in Dallas! SELL Mortimer, SELL!

Oh yeah, nice narrative, the NFL is hurting for customers. Thanks Colin, you bum!!