Kaepernick and the National Anthem

This is what the "we have a long way to go" crowd is creating.

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/homeless-white-disabled-man-attacked-bus/

The whole racist narrative is a fake. Just there to distract divide. To generally weaken the populace. Meanwhile, they can run their scams while all the clones follow the shiny new object of the week. Racism theatre wheres out a bit lets have a mass shooting. After that let's have a bus run over a couple dozen tourists. The movie never stops.

TO APPEASE KNEELERS, NFL BACKS LENIENCY FOR FELONS

Hoping to bring an end to kneeling during the National Anthem, NFL owners are meeting with the players’ union. To smooth the way, the League has endorsed legislation that would mean lighter sentencing for drug felons. It’s unlikely that the NFL’s endorsement counts for much at this juncture.

ANDY PUZDER: NFL could have prevented protest mess, as any competent employer would.

I ran the company that owns the Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurant chains for almost 17 years. Along with our franchisees, we employed about 75,000 Americans and we flew the American flag in front of many of our restaurants. Had any company employees decided to disrespect that flag in front of our customers, in our brand’s uniform and during their hours of employment, I would have encouraged our general managers to first warn them to stop and, if they refused, to fire them.

I am very supportive of First Amendment rights and would encourage employees to express their opinions openly and freely, on their own time. But employees have no constitutional right to alienate a business’ customer base, damaging the business that employs both them and their co-workers, not to mention the owners who have taken the financial risks to create that business. When you accept employment, you accept the responsibility to advance the interests of the business that employs you. You have no right, nor should any employer tolerate attempts, to damage that business by alienating its customer base.

These kneeling player-employees have put their NFL team owners in a difficult spot. On the one hand, they certainly do not want players alienating their customers. On the other hand, team unity is important to a winning season and they naturally want to be sensitive to their players’ concerns. But, they never should have been put in this position.

Indeed. Roger Goodell will be remembered as the NFL Commissioner who squandered more goodwill, more quickly than anyone could have imagined.

ANDY PUZDER: NFL could have prevented protest mess, as any competent employer would.

I ran the company that owns the Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s restaurant chains for almost 17 years. Along with our franchisees, we employed about 75,000 Americans and we flew the American flag in front of many of our restaurants. Had any company employees decided to disrespect that flag in front of our customers, in our brand’s uniform and during their hours of employment, I would have encouraged our general managers to first warn them to stop and, if they refused, to fire them.

I am very supportive of First Amendment rights and would encourage employees to express their opinions openly and freely, on their own time. But employees have no constitutional right to alienate a business’ customer base, damaging the business that employs both them and their co-workers, not to mention the owners who have taken the financial risks to create that business. When you accept employment, you accept the responsibility to advance the interests of the business that employs you. You have no right, nor should any employer tolerate attempts, to damage that business by alienating its customer base.

These kneeling player-employees have put their NFL team owners in a difficult spot. On the one hand, they certainly do not want players alienating their customers. On the other hand, team unity is important to a winning season and they naturally want to be sensitive to their players’ concerns. But, they never should have been put in this position.

Indeed. Roger Goodell will be remembered as the NFL Commissioner who squandered more goodwill, more quickly than anyone could have imagined.

Commish is a lousy gig in any sport if you want to be remembered for anything good.

Who was the last good guy, Happy Chandler?

• 2 weeks later...

Disabled Navy Vet Refuses Honor From Saints Due to Anthem Protests

SaintsNFLProtests-620x436.jpg

A disabled Navy veteran has refused to receive an honor from the New Orleans Saints due to some players taking a knee during the national anthem. From NOLA.com:

Retired Navy Cmdr. John Wells, executive director of the national Military Veterans Advocacy, was named a Peoples Health Champion, an award given by the Medicare health insurance advantage organization to citizens over 65 who have made significant accomplishments after reaching “senior citizen” status.

But on Wednesday, Wells told the organization he was unable “in good conscience, to enter an NFL stadium” while some players “disrespect” the American flag by kneeling or sitting during the anthem. Some Saints players in recent weeks have kneeled before the anthem, then stood while the anthem is sung.

Wells served in the Navy from 1972 to 1994. After his service, he became an attorney and specializes in military and veterans law. He cannot believe that the NFL has not done anything to stop the protests:

“Although I am touched and honored to be selected for such an award, the ongoing controversy with NFL players’ disrespect for the national flag forces me to decline to participate in the presentation,” Wells said. “”
Since this award is tainted with the dishonorable actions of the NFL and its players, I cannot accept it. To do so would be hypocritical.”

And yet the *Aints called his actions a "sad and divisive" discourse. :thumbdown:

F uck you NFL. I hardly watch this crap anymore. I don't need you in my life.

Well, when you call it "tainted" and "dishonorable," you're sitting in judgement of them, and it is divisive.

But then, he was far less "sad and dishonorable" in his response than athletes are when they refuse a visit to the White House, so the Saints probably shouldn't be throwing stones either...

And yet the *Aints called his actions a "sad and divisive" discourse. :thumbdown:

F uck you NFL. I hardly watch this crap anymore. I don't need you in my life.

this was after the Bills laying an egg out there last night...

Awwwwwwwwwwww, what does he know.

OUCH: Vin Scully: “I will never watch another NFL game.” “I used to love, during the fall and winter, to watch the NFL on Sunday. And it’s not that I’m some great patriot. I was in the Navy for a year. Didn’t go anywhere. Didn’t do anything. But I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game.”

In wake of neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer's endorsement of Papa Johns, the restaurant chain is asking hate groups not to buy its pizzas.

The endorsement came after Papa Johns CEO John Schnatter made comments blaming National Football League players kneeling during the national anthem for the company's recent losses. Newsweek reports The Daily Stormer showed its support to the chain by posting a picture of a swastika pizza and declaring Papa Johns the official pizza of the alt-right.

Why would Nazis care about the players....OH!! Black players! See, that's why Trump went after them also 

Bigot boy as President