169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't the Bills already subject to a penalty for having multiple players fail/miss tests for banned substances? If he got popped for weed again this year, would it increase that penalty?

I believe we have already maxed out.

Positive spin...WE'RE #1!!!

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

I voted no but where we have too many knuckleheads are TSW where polls are set up to either way reflect poster's opinion. Could have been straight poll with Yes or No answer not with posters reasons.

They just cut a young guy for being a moron (for lack of a better term). Why would they trade for -- arguably -- a bigger moron?

{Note: I mean "moron" in the most benign terms possible, mostly because both helped me win FF leagues the past few years} :beer:

Edited by Felonious Monk

I don't believe the Bills traded anything for him.

They got a good season from him. He might have another good season left in him. We'll see.

Gordon is a multiple offender one puff from removed forever from football. I have nothing against weed, but if you're stupid enough to give up tens of millions twice, you're not worth taking a chance on.

The Bills, under Rex, remind me of the Bengals from a few years ago.

On the other hand, it's hard to swing a dead cat on the field without hitting someone who might be in jail if not for football.

Just out of curiosity, what's your stance on Marcell?

I voted NO. And would have vote HELL NO if possible. His return to Cleveland was the reason that they imploded and Hoyer no longer has a job. He came back to that team and didn't know the offense and is and will always be a cancer.

only if the bills add a betty ford clinic at one bills drive

Papa, I laughed my ars off on this one, especially as I did the whole make a mental picture of this. They add a building on the end if the campus, they go off to training, practice, weights, and back to rehab jail. If we could add a eight farm for Karlos that would be great.

All kidding aside, this is so stupid as these guys are such risks, the last thing we need is another high risk guy. Great we give them a 3 as someone mentioned and he gets popped again for a year or lifetime ban. Hell No. Sorry for his problems, but the only team making sense is Cleveland keeping him on a short leash, and if he fails again, the hell with him. He's out of football and lost millions and millions of dollars and ends up like the recent ex QB who was just popped for being naked and with weed in someone's back yard. Just happened a couple of days ago.

Just out of curiosity, what's your stance on Marcell?

For the right deal, I would have no qualms trading him.

That said, I would trade any player if I thought we were getting the best of it.

For the right deal, I would have no qualms trading him.

That said, I would trade any player if I thought we were getting the best of it.

I was referring to the reefer, get it!?, Not the player?

If you think for the right deal about Marcell then why not the right deal for Gordon?

I'm sure Sammy would be in the Sammy boat for the right deal to but you don't trade away certain types of talent.

And for the record, I don't want Gordon on the team either but he is talented.

Edited by The Wiz

I was referring to the reefer, get it!?, Not the player?

If you think for the right deal about Marcell then why not the right deal for Gordon?

And for the record, I don't want Gordon on the team either but he is talented.

I get it, even if it's irrelevant.

Because to me, there is no right deal for Gordon.

Dareus is already our headache. Does that mean we should try and get more headaches?

Maybe to you. Not to me.

I voted no but where we have too many knuckleheads are TSW where polls are set up to either way reflect poster's opinion. Could have been straight poll with Yes or No answer not with posters reasons.

What other reasons would you vote no? His (and the Bills) propensity for troubled guys is the only explanation for no, if we assume the right cost. The poll is running 53-47% as I type this it certainly feels about as straight up as any poll.

I voted NO. And would have vote HELL NO if possible. His return to Cleveland was the reason that they imploded and Hoyer no longer has a job. He came back to that team and didn't know the offense and is and will always be a cancer.

Hoyer doesn't have a job because he's a terrible QB.

I get it, even if it's irrelevant.

Because to me, there is no right deal for Gordon.

Dareus is already our headache. Does that mean we should try and get more headaches?

Maybe to you. Not to me.

Like I said, I have no interest in getting him even though he could be a true #2 receiver on the team. My point was even though he has had his issues, Marcell isn't far off but you seem to be fine with it unless the "right deal" came along.

Could be misinterpreting you but that's just how I'm reading it.

They just cut a young guy for being a moron (for lack of a better term). Why would they trade for -- arguably -- a bigger moron?

{Note: I mean "moron" in the most benign terms possible, mostly because both helped me win FF leagues the past few years} :beer:

The same reason that you cut Karlos and kept Marcell. There is a point where the talent is worth the headache. Marcell is worth the headache still while Karlos is not. Gordon led the league in receiving at like 22 with terrible QB play. He's a moron but with top end talent.