169 members have voted

1. 1. Would you want to trade for him?

• Yes - He is super talented and cheap
    • No - We already have too many knuckleheads

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN is saying that multiple teams have contacted the Browns trying to trade for Josh Gordon. Would you want the Bills to do that (assuming a reasonable cost)?

For me it is a yes despite his spotty track record. He is extremely talented and plays a position of need. I do not think that Woods is a #2 receiver and he is a FA after this year. I'd role the dice for a 4th or later.

Hell yes!

I think Woods is a good player when healthy. I'm shocked he was as productive as he was last year playing the entire year with a torn groin...

Yeah, he can't walk--he'll be a RFA after this season.

Ah, is that right? I hadn't realised that. That because he doesn't have enough seasons of qualifying games to hit FA?

That changes things for me then. Whereas before I was saying 4th at absolute most I would give up a 3rd if you basically have control of his rights for 2017 too.

Ah, is that right? I hadn't realised that. That because he doesn't have enough seasons of qualifying games to hit FA?

That changes things for me then. Whereas before I was saying 4th at absolute most I would give up a 3rd if you basically have control of his rights for 2017 too.

Correct.

I think our biggest (maybe final) need offensively is a big WR who can line up outside and compliment Sammy across the field, allowing Woods to work primarily from the slot. We have some guys internally who could be that, but they are all unproven. Gordon could also fill that need, but his breakout year was a while ago at this point and he's too unreliable to give up what the Browns would want.

So yes, I'd take him for dirt cheap, but the Browns aren't going to give him up for dirt cheap.

Agreed and agreed

It would be dumb for any team to go after him. I doubt he plays for anyone else, he has a Cleveland tattoo on his back I doubt he is going to cover up a complete back tat.

I guarantee he plays for another team unless he gets a lifetime ban.

Yeah, he can't walk--he'll be a RFA after this season.

Fair enough... his agent walks to another team and they sign him to a poison pill offer sheet. If he's good this year, offers will be there even with a 1st round tender. The good part may be that you can negotiate a trade around this too, so that team can avoid the bad contract and you still get something in return.

Fair enough... his agent walks to another team and they sign him to a poison pill offer sheet. If he's good this year, offers will be there even with a 1st round tender. The good part may be that you can negotiate a trade around this too, so that team can avoid the bad contract and you still get something in return.

Poison pill offer sheets are outlawed by the CBA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/14/poison-pill-for-offer-sheets-removed-from-cba/

If he's that good that a team would want to sign him away as a RFA, then yes, you could probably recoup a first or second round pick for him.

Most likely though, you can tender him at the 1st or 2nd-round level and have the right of first refusal, which means that a team would have to both pay him big and give up a pick. Very few teams are willing to do so anymore.

Around The NFL@AroundTheNFL 1m1 minute ago

Browns were initially seeking a second-round pick in exchange for Josh Gordon, @MikeGarafolo reports

As they should. And NE should make that move. They need a burner and no one is better than that than Gordon.

If it works out great. If it doesn't, they will end up having 20 2nd picks anyway so why not go for it?