Tough scheduling break.

I get that not all things are math. That's why they play the games. But against the same team Baltimore won on the road and we lost at home. On the surface both were one point games but add 3 to Bal for the road while subtracting 6 from Indy for going road to home and subtract 3 from the Bills for being at home while adding 3 to Baltimore for heading home and that is a 17 point difference. That's a lot of math to ignore. I'd even argue that home openers are more of an advantage so maybe as much as 20 points. How many points can anyone possibly subtract for it being a preseason game? Even if you say it makes a 10 point difference which is too much IMO then we are between a 10 to 30 point underdog in week 1.

Getting to 1-0 will take a major upset. I'm not saying it can't happen but there is no way you can count on that. It's like Appalachian State over Michigan a few years ago basically.

Not sure it was mentioned but we went for 2 for the win as not to land in overtime. In the regular season we would've went for the extra point and overtime. Could be a different outcome. Not to mention we lost in the second half when all of our starters (and theirs) were out...

Q1

IND 0

BUF 9

Q2

IND 9

BUF 0

Q3

IND 0

BUF 3

Q4

IND 10

BUF 6

Final

IND 19

BUF 18

That said, I take no game for granted and Baltimore will be a hard fought away game for us and home opener for them.

Edited by What a Tuel

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys remember when we'd lose every preseason game under Marv with Kelly, and then have double digit wins every year. Yes, I was a little excited to see some progress yesterday, but my excitement is tempered as we all state "it's preseason".

I can't remember who said it, but the Brady Garropollo hot thing is a little TMI for me.

Baltimore was pretty bad last year so it looked like a winnable road game in the opener. That would have been a nice start. But they're 2-0 already including a victory over a team that best us. They look like contenders for the AFC. It seems like we always play teams at the wrong time.

What are you even talking about?

So you liked the 3rd and long layoff Beckham coverage when the starters were in? Rex sucked plenty yesterday as usual but the Giants sucked more, I'll give you that. The point is simply that Baltimore looks better than last year.

Yes Baltimore is always good at home. I've been to a ton of Ravens games. Sorry Rex gave up that 3rd down. Odell Beckham Jr isn't known for making plays like that, should be easy to stop.

Oh man a

I am loathe to admit, i know the reference.

My damned kids making me watch stuff

Great stuff. Hansel is so hot RN !

Yes Baltimore is always good at home. I've been to a ton of Ravens games. Sorry Rex gave up that 3rd down. Odell Beckham Jr isn't known for making plays like that, should be easy to stop.

Oh man a

Great stuff. Hansel is so hot RN !

what was the pose? Magnum ?

I get that not all things are math. That's why they play the games. But against the same team Baltimore won on the road and we lost at home. On the surface both were one point games but add 3 to Bal for the road while subtracting 6 from Indy for going road to home and subtract 3 from the Bills for being at home while adding 3 to Baltimore for heading home and that is a 17 point difference. That's a lot of math to ignore. I'd even argue that home openers are more of an advantage so maybe as much as 20 points. How many points can anyone possibly subtract for it being a preseason game? Even if you say it makes a 10 point difference which is too much IMO then we are between a 10 to 30 point underdog in week 1.

Getting to 1-0 will take a major upset. I'm not saying it can't happen but there is no way you can count on that. It's like Appalachian State over Michigan a few years ago basically.

You just gave me a migraine, lol.

Mark%20xxx%20tho%20_83f6e7f0c0150b3b9ca1

Really looks like a Brady/Garoppolo face swap.....minus the ass chin.

So you liked the 3rd and long layoff Beckham coverage when the starters were in? Rex sucked plenty yesterday as usual but the Giants sucked more, I'll give you that. The point is simply that Baltimore looks better than last year.

So in a game where we dominated the oppononent using bland not show anything football......Rex takes a hit because Beckham actually catches a pass against our starters?

You are going to be such a joy as a fan going into this season.....:(

Know what I like about Bills playing Baltimore is this: Ryan's defense brings pressure from many directions to a single point - the pocket. QB's who can escape the pocket, can escape that pressure.

Baltimore's QB is Joe Flacco.

Know what I like about Bills playing Baltimore is this: Ryan's defense brings pressure from many directions to a single point - the pocket. QB's who can escape the pocket, can escape that pressure.

http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/23116/joe-flacco-is-the-nfls-worst-qb-against-blitz-this-season

http://es.pn/1WfPgbb

A lot of escapees in 2015. Better call America's most wanted.

Don't forget that Luck didn't play against us so we may open as 50 pt dogs.