Potential GM's for 2017

Yeezus

Who are some potential guys we can bring in to change the culture of a losing franchise next year? We clearly aren't going anywhere this season. I was hopeful but after arguably the worst offseason in the NFL (who else has this circus show going on) we are looking like a complete joke of a team.

Rex is going to be the same Rex of the last 5 years, he can't win back to back games. We will finish somewhere between 5-7 wins and thats it. Resign Tyrod b/c who else is going to play QB.

We need a brand new coaching staff and a new GM to fix this mess of a franchise. Losing embedded in our culture, Pegula needs to see that and fix it.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some potential guys we can bring in to change the culture of a losing franchise next year? We clearly aren't going anywhere this season. I was hopeful but after arguably the worst offseason in the NFL (who else has this circus show going on) we are looking like a complete joke of a team.

Rex is going to be the same Rex of the last 5 years, he can't win back to back games. We will finish somewhere between 5-7 wins and thats it. Re-sign Tyrod b/c who else is going to play QB.

We need a brand new coaching staff and a new GM to fix this mess of a franchise. Losing embedded in our culture, Pegula needs to see that and fix it.

Hope this happens soon

Rex is going to be the same Rex of the last 5 years, he can't win back to back games. We will finish somewhere between 5-7 wins and thats it. Resign Tyrod b/c who else is going to play QB.

You know, I have a funny feeling the FO agrees with you on this one.

I've said for many years the GM is much more important than the coach. There are many examples in many sports where the team would go through coach after coach and kept losing until they finally found and hired a good GM. While you can question some of the moves made by Whaley, I do think the team does have more talent than when he got here so he hasn't been all that bad. So if you're going to dump him, you better find someone who really is better.

Teams aren't dumping good GM's I believe Matt Milan is available. You can easily find a guy on some team on a winning team who maybe was the director of player personal and bring him in here as the next GM, but maybe the reason he looked so good was because of a good GM, not because he was so good. Basically that's kind of how Whaley got here. You want to get rid of Whaley fine, just recognize there's a much better chance his replacement could be worse. It's the same with teams hiring OC and DC from winning teams and expecting them to come in and become a great HC. A few of them do, but more often they fail.

I'd also add this, if the rumors are true that Whaley wasn't completly in favor of hiring Rex, but it was more of a TP move, TP doesn't strike me as a huge ego driven guy, so he may instead go to Whaley and tell him I'd made a mistake getting involved the last time. You pick the next HC, I want to talk to the guy, but the choice is completely on you this time. And he gives him another shot as he also realizes he could do much worse.

And please lets not suggest Grandpa Bill Polian

Are we mathematically eliminated yet

Not until mid November

The only player so far that we have even lossed (and its not for the season) that really effects this team is Marcel

soooooooo

Wait, what?

You don't think our first two picks should have made an impact this season?

You don't think the rushing TD's that Karlos put up were big?

The success or failure this year of the team defensively was more up to the remaining players not so much Ragland and Lawson. They are both rookies. As for Karlos, I think J Williams and Bush can make up for him

Not until mid November

Wait, what?

You don't think our first two picks should have made an impact this season?

You don't think the rushing TD's that Karlos put up were big?

I have no idea why anyone would think Whaley is a lossed cause! It's not like the games we've lossed during his tenure are HIS fault!! He built a great defense and all progress that was made with that defense was lossed when Rex Ryan was hired. That is NOT on Whaley!!

I have no idea why anyone would think Whaley is a lossed cause! It's not like the games we've lossed during his tenure are HIS fault!! He built a great defense and all progress that was made with that defense was lossed when Rex Ryan was hired. That is NOT on Whaley!!

I'm with Gug here. I think that the talent is fine.

This is maybe the stupidest thread in years!! One of the concerns is re-signing the QB who has already re-signed!! Glad to see Crayonz back though!!

Judging by your threads, I think Chris Polian or Matt Millen would be excellent choices. How about bringing back Marv Levy?

Is this moron serious? Wtf??

I guess Matt Millen is available, he hasn't destroyed a franchise in a few years so might as well see how quickly he could get us the number one pick for a WR.