At some point, is someone in the FO accountable?

Virgil

Whaley brings in talent, but he also brings in personal problems. I mean, we've had a bunch of angels on this team before, and we finished 4-12, so I'm not sure I want Whaley gone quite yet... but yeah... I'm tired of the bad news every other day.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drafting high potential players with inherent risky qualities is what brought us here. We are witnessing the other side of the coin.

Yup. On draft day everyone here wants to find the hidden gems and the great values in the 5th round, but when one of those fifth rounders turns out to be a bust between the ears, people for some reason get all outraged. Meanwhile, if they draft Ed Wang and he just sucks, the same people want to know why they didn't draft a guy with more potential.

Whaley has been great, roster is loaded. They spent a fifth round pick on Karlos not a first or even a second but a fifth so everyone needs to slow down.

Did this team look distracted today ? There professional football players, these things don't distract them. The guy in the same positional group might get a little juice knowing well that one out of the way.

seriously fifth round pick and we act like he was the number 3 pick over all - were ridiculous

As for Marcel I'm glad he's doing something different trying to change his path. All we can do is support him and back him for game #5 this roster is talented enough and Rex is a good enough coach to over come Marcel for 4 games and Karlos, we're loaded at RB he will be an after thought. As for injuries as I stated when it happened A vet to start wll be better than Shaq and Brown is a good player to fill for Ragland. Like it or not there going to be fine

Edited by CardinalScotts

Yup. On draft day everyone here wants to find the hidden gems and the great values in the 5th round, but when one of those fifth rounders turns out to be a bust between the ears, people for some reason get all outraged. Meanwhile, if they draft Ed Wang and he just sucks, the same people want to know why they didn't draft a guy with more potential.

Nailed it!

Kelly, Bruce, Thurman, etc were dicks their first few years with the Bills. That's not new news but needs to be brought up.

Yes.

If these guys were drafted now, the usual suspects here and in Buffalo media would be going nuts.

Thurman had the knee.

Kelly had the shoulder and was not the guy he is now.

Bruce was drafted number one, initially was a bit of a butterball, and had his own suspension issue.

Fantastic summary... don't get why they just don't pick the obvious hall of farmer in retrospect for each round instead of accepting these trade offs.

I think we're talented, and on the verge of something positive. My biggest question is not the roster (it's the HC). The time to blow it up is NOT when you're on the verge of good things. THAT is how we stay irrelevant.

Yes.

If these guys were drafted now, the usual suspects here and in Buffalo media would be going nuts.

Thurman had the knee.

Kelly had the shoulder and was not the guy he is now.

Bruce was drafted number one, initially was a bit of a butterball, and had his own suspension issue.

Not only that but they were all huge partiers, got in trouble off the field, argued with teammates, were not good citizens let alone teammates or role models

I'm not saying blow it up and I'm not saying fire Whaley. I just wonder how acceptable all of this is to the owners and if not, where would that accountability fall to.

The Kelly, Bruce stuff is interesting and it shows the exposure you get these days.

Edited by FireRex

Not only that but they were all huge partiers, got in trouble off the field, argued with teammates, were not good citizens let alone teammates or role models

Sadly, there were rumors about how certain guys partied during super bowl week way too much . . . .

I'm not saying blow it up and I'm not saying fire Whaley. I just wonder how acceptable all of this is to the owners and if not, where would that accountability fall to.

The Kelly, Bruce stuff is interesting and it shows the exposure you get these days.

Regular season is three weeks away and you are already taking about heads rolling. Guess what that sounds like?

Sadly, there were rumors about how certain guys partied during super bowl week way too much . . . .

I think differently than most people on that. I think that's the kind of guys they were. They won four AFC championships being those guys. I have never seen a valid report that they were out late the night before the game. I was at all four Super Bowls and heard a lot of rumors. I partied with Kelly and a bunch of players on Thursday and Friday. I didn't hear anyone say they were out late Saturday night before the game. But even if they were that was the kind of guys they were and it's really hard to say you were out late on Saturday night before the AfC championship game you won 51-3 and you were great and then you were out late before the game you lost on a last second FG and say that was the reason.