Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I'm a physician. I have cared for many patients who were actively suicidal. I agree, MDD manifests in different ways (although the DSM would beg to differ), but people who are actively suicidal are pretty uniform in their behaviors and mannerisms.

Huh, that's interesting. Some sources, such as the usually reliable Harvard Health Blog, say that while some people who are suicidal may have an identifiable mental health problem such as depression or addiction and may drop hints, such as talk about wanting to kill themselves, word choice "if I see you again..." or behavior (affairs in order, giving stuff away), others never let on what they are feeling or planning and don't provide hints or "tells"

If actively suicidal people were uniform in their behaviors and mannerisms, suicide prevention might be a lot easier.

Huh, that's interesting. Some sources, such as the usually reliable Harvard Health Blog, say that while some people who are suicidal may have an identifiable mental health problem such as depression or addiction and may drop hints, such as talk about wanting to kill themselves, word choice "if I see you again..." or behavior (affairs in order, giving stuff away), others never let on what they are feeling or planning and don't provide hints or "tells"

If actively suicidal people were uniform in their behaviors and mannerisms, suicide prevention might be a lot easier.

as i mentioned previously in this thread..

yep.

I'm going to start my diet tomorrow.

tonight? I raid the pantry.

Tomorrow never comes. A book about unrealized intention.

For anyone who didn't hear Sal on WGR this morning... While it's not the best optics, there was a planned team event that night that he attended...

A planned team event down on Chippewa or somewhere else? If Chippewa, I have to question who the Bills put in charge of event planning.

I think Dareus is dealing with depression more than pot which he smoked to change his mood.

Interesting article on medical depression on two ex-NFL QBs who attempted to commit suicide:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/17/erik-kramer-eric-hipple-suicide-attempt-depression-lions

Interesting article. As they say, a permanent solution to a temporary problem. But it can get so dark it's hard to see that. The good news is, it's possible to come back.

Dareus’ decision (to attend the party) reminded people just how seriously he approached, or was oblivious to, his situation. Never mind the people who believed in him, or team that supported him, or the fans who made him a rich man. In his mind, it’s not about them. As usual, it was about him.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2016/08/23/power-take-dareus-photos-make-bad-situation-look-worse/

some people never learn.....I believe marcel will be one of them.

Dareus’ decision (to attend the party) reminded people just how seriously he approached, or was oblivious to, his situation. Never mind the people who believed in him, or team that supported him, or the fans who made him a rich man. In his mind, it’s not about them. As usual, it was about him.

http://buckyandsully.buffalonews.com/2016/08/23/power-take-dareus-photos-make-bad-situation-look-worse/

What an idiotic statement...this is the exact reason I never read their stuff.

If you want to make a point, then go ahead and make it using the available fodder at your disposal. There's no need to fabricate a completely false statement in an effort to get fans riled up and on your side. It completely undermines the rest of the talking points.

i applaud marcel admitting/getting help. that said...did he miss the drug test because he knew would fail? if he failed drug test by doing it, how long would the suspension be? also, don't they do a drug test at the rehab facility? if so, and he fails does the league add too his present suspension?

I am so surprised by Bucky's "power take."

It is refreshing that Bucky defended Marcell for being out with his teammates and pointed out that there are no photos of Marcell smoking pot (or even drinking for that matter).

Oh, wait, never mind . . . .

Edited by Peter