Marcell Dareus entering rehab

YoloinOhio

Before I say this I just want to say it my own personal opinion, ok dareus goes to rehab is it just to take the heat off because he's suspended anyway might as well go, and these rehabs facilities are lot different than someone who doesn't have money we all know the bills organization is behind this, I just don't think marcell really gets it if you looked at his apology it was all show.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah yeah laugh it up, those 28 days may just end up changing his life.

I'm only laughing because we have a poster on PPP who insists pot can magically cure everything, including addiction...so who needs rehab when you can smoke more pot?

I'm only laughing because we have a poster on PPP who insists pot can magically cure everything, including addiction...so who needs rehab when you can smoke more pot?

You might die laughing--that's half the posters here as well.

"Rehab is the very definition of taking these things seriously."

-Johnny Manziel

Edited by Mr. WEO

well you DO know that rehab also entails counseling, right? That dude has had so many major life stressors it amazing he hasn't cracked yet.

Yes, but programs to deal with depression exclusively aren't called "rehab," they're called therapy.

Either way...I'm not particularly worried what his problem is. I just hope whatever he's doing works out for him.

You might die laughing--that's half the posters here as well.

"Rehab is the very definition of taking these things seriously."

-Johnny Manziel

You know, I really wish sometimes that you would just shut the !@#$ up.

Yes, but programs to deal with depression exclusively aren't called "rehab," they're called therapy.

Either way...I'm not particularly worried what his problem is. I just hope whatever he's doing works out for him.

You know, I really wish sometimes that you would just shut the !@#$ up.

you never waste the sig phrase : )

Before I say this I just want to say it my own personal opinion, ok dareus goes to rehab is it just to take the heat off because he's suspended anyway might as well go, and these rehabs facilities are lot different than someone who doesn't have money we all know the bills organization is behind this, I just don't think marcell really gets it if you looked at his apology it was all show.

Let's also not forget that he did this 6 month 'drug intervention' after his last drug screwup. I don't know the truth here, but it sounds like a bit of a PR move.

Those poor millionaires that get paid to play football.

You seem to have a lot of resentment toward people who make a very good living, if only for a few years. I'm happy for people who do well, and would love to be in that crowd. Do you also realize they are actually human beings and that money does not cure all ills? They are people and have real S%#t in their lives. Real problems. At least if he's seeking help he knows he has something to work on, so I think I feel less sorry for him. Good luck to you.

Let's also not forget that he did this 6 month 'drug intervention' after his last drug screwup. I don't know the truth here, but it sounds like a bit of a PR move.

That's certainly possible, but, as they say, progress is not perfection. You hope the real message and lifestyle eventually takes. Weed alone is not the end of the world, but weed in the face of such extreme loss demonstrates a bad situation. THAT is a problem.

Where are you getting the "clinical depression" thing?

You don't go to rehab for that. I'd guess he has a substance abuse issue probably including things other than pot.

It has to be because weed? Na. People on here are talking like it's crack or something. That... yes you have a problem. Weed? Na as someone else said. You just like to get high.

You are right no one loses family except for him. Now we are making up excuses for Dareus smoking pot. People think way too much into this.

You my friend are thinking clearly. I never heard of clinical depression coming into play until now either

You dont know what your talking about....people DO in fact go to rehab for clinical deparession

I think he is talking about smoking pot? Maybe

Whatever assumptions people want to make based on no facts whether pro-MD or anti-MD make no difference here to my mind. The fact is that his behaviour was selfish and hurt the Bills organisation that put a hell of a lot of trust in him. It is inexcusable.

That being said, we can only hope the next few weeks give Marcell a chance to effect lasting change in his life that brings him out a better person and a better member of the Bills organisation.

Undoubtedly THE BEST POST YET

It has to be because weed? Na. People on here are talking like it's crack or something. That... yes you have a problem. Weed? Na as someone else said. You just like to get high.

You my friend are thinking clearly. I never heard of clinical depression coming into play until now either

If you use weed despite knowing you will let your team down and lose millions of dollars, you have a problem. A serious problem. Because some states have loosened the laws does not lessen that.

I'm no professional at reading people's faces but i like to think that I'm decent at it. I noticed (which more than likely all of you guys have also) that Marcel isn't comfortable giving interviews. The media and popularity may be getting to him in some ways also.

I mean, just cuz you're amazing at a sport doesn't mean that you're born to be in front of a camera with flashing lights everywhere you go. Marcel probably just wants to get away from everybody asking him questions about the same things over and over and over again.

Marshawn got crucified for it

What is it called when you continue to smoke despite it being against your employer's rules and you are losing millions of dollars in income while subject to public disclosure (and as shown here - ridicule) of your partaking? Is that still "just like to get high"?