Bills cut Karlos Williams

FireChan

It's finally an example of showing some discipline on the team. I was a real fan last year with a number of posts, but your job is to come in shape and knowing your playbook. Being just as overweight in TC as OTA's is ridiculous.

I know we all get older and gain weight, but anyone can get in shape. It just takes disincline. The biggest thing is to eat right, then HIIT training. That stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Basically the stuff you see on TV with the Insanity workout, or cross fit.

Such a waste as he was impressive as a second string RB.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only feasible way that I know of:

he had to have done so little in the off-season that he actually lost muscle mass, and gained....a lot...of fat. Then, when he started training again, his weight would go up, as losing fat and gaining muscle actually makes you weigh more, because muscle weighs more than fat. This usually happens to people who have been away from working out for a while, or to people who go from a light workout to 4 hours a day. But, once you turn the corner, and you build, more, lean muscle, your weight starts to drop dramatically: because the new muscle needs to eat, and it eats the fat.

This is the only way I know of for him to be gaining weight after he began training. He really must have let himself go, and, probably did nothing for most of the day.

Protip:

Cardio does little. Weight Training is how one kills fat. You don't need to lift big weights. One only needs to completely exhaust 1 muscle group a day, with as many reps as that takes, with whatever weight. Just do it until you literally can't. Exhaust one set of muscles per day, and watch the lard come off your ass like its nothing.

He could have easily lost the weight by simply utilizing Alternate Day Fasting and working out...he obviously didn't take it seriously Edited by matter2003

I don't get why people think that a. the Pats** would pick him up and b. he would excel there.

He has about 3 weeks to learn a playbook and get acclimated with an offense. He then has no contact with the team for 4 weeks. And oh yea, he apparently needs to lose 30 lbs.

It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the Bills told KW he had to go to rehab (and he said...) to get his suspension reduced and he refused. And that that along with the weight gain, Twitter stuff/fights with his teammates, and poor conditioning got him cut.

I don't get why people think that a. the Pats** would pick him up and b. he would excel there.

He has about 3 weeks to learn a playbook and get acclimated with an offense. He then has no contact with the team for 4 weeks. And oh yea, he apparently needs to lose 30 lbs.

He's a running back. He could come in off the street and start the next game if needed. Will he know the nuances of the offenses? No. Will he know the blitz pickups? No. Will he understand what to do on running plays? Yes.

Is he suspended for 4 games? Yes. He's got plenty of time to learn an offense. Will he get picked up immediately? If I was an NFL GM I wouldn't take him mostly because of the points I make above. I'd wait until the end of the suspension to see what he looks like (weight etc.).

#34 loves Karlos so we need to factor that in. He's said that he wouldn't trade him for Zeke and that he's better than McCoy. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/186802-karlos-is-key/?fromsearch=1

We all have our favorites and it clouds rational judgement.

Now the crusade makes sense

I stand by every word... This is just the latest in a over decade of short-sighted decisions by OBD.... Let's see how close this FO's newfound 'rationality' gets us to the post-season.

Points for standing behind it

Picture says it all. Dude just quit.

Ideal playing weight 230 lbs.

Reporting weight at OTAs 253 lbs.

Weight when they cut him 260 lbs. How's that for a commitment to getting in shape after OTAs?

He literally couldn't play football at that weight. Period. End of story.

GO BILLS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000366229/article/marcell-dareus-failed-conditioning-test-in-buffalo

So if all teams coddle their star players, why even mention this obvious fact? Do you think they should have suspended him more than the league did? Cut him? Yeah, no. And he responded with an All-Pro season in 2014.

As for Karlos, why do you suppose they cut him? Besides not being a star player?

Good question. I've asked it several times. "Not being a star" isn't a really great answer. The guy played well last year as a rookie. He shows up to camp two sizes smaller than a young Jerome Bettis and he gets the super short leash and is tossed....for being overweight? Hours before a game?

Of course they don't cut Dareus--I'm not talking about his "punishment", just wondering why they would pull the plug so quickly on a promising back (yes there are a bunch of backs on the team, several are days away from being released as well. Maybe J Williams will equal Karlos's production--a huge question mark.

You seemed to say earlier that the Bills didn't offer Dareus much choice about rehab, then you followed up with the suggestion that they did so in order to reduce his suspension by one game. Is that how you think yesterday went down? Go into rehab so we can get you back a week earlier?

Good question. I've asked it several times. "Not being a star" isn't a really great answer. The guy played well last year as a rookie. He shows up to camp two sizes smaller than a young Jerome Bettis and he gets the super short leash and is tossed....for being overweight? Hours before a game?

Of course they don't cut Dareus--I'm not talking about his "punishment", just wondering why they would pull the plug so quickly on a promising back (yes there are a bunch of backs on the team, several are days away from being released as well. Maybe J Williams will equal Karlos's production--a huge question mark.

You seemed to say earlier that the Bills didn't offer Dareus much choice about rehab, then you followed up with the suggestion that they did so in order to reduce his suspension by one game. Is that how you think yesterday went down? Go into rehab so we can get you back a week earlier?

Take a guess as to why you think they cut him. Was it for no reason, as you seem to be suggesting, and he's being made the scapegoat for the team? Or did they take your advice and not "coddle" him?

And I never said Dareus didn't have much choice. Everyone has a choice in what they do or don't do. If he refused, they probably don't cut him anyway. If he refused and they did cut him, he pockets a ton of guaranteed money and someone else offers him a big deal and he still makes out. But the report that he's doing it to reduce his suspension makes sense and explains how Bell was able to get his suspension reduced by a game and still stay at the same level of the drug program.

I get the contractual part... Cutting Marcel results in a significant cap hit... More punishment for the team,than the cut player.

What I don't get is why a perennial playoff no-show, is so quick to cut a kid that pours in points, and moves the chains with reugularity?

Maybe so they do not stay a perennial playoff no-show feeling he cannot be trusted enough to be depended upon.

I also heard he failed the personal hygiene regimen. Bad pH in the vajayjay.

You mixed up your test results with his. Try again.

The Patriots love big backs that smoke weed. He will be signed by tomorrow if not already

With Dion going down again , you might be right.

I think there is more than just the weight problem. Bills saw something. Giving him the warning was fair. But he did not respond.

To become a great player in team game, you need to be ALL IN. I mean that sincerely. You can see it in the players this year.

Everyone appears to be working hard and taking it very seriously.

Just my opinion though. Last night showed great effort all the way to 3rd string guys.

Edited by 3rdand12

With Dion going down again , you might be right.

I think there is more than just the weight problem. Bills saw something. Giving him the warning was fair. But he did not respond.

To become a great player in team game, you need to be ALL IN. I mean that sincerely. You can it in the players this year.

Everyone appears to be working hard and taking it very seriously.

Just my opinion though. Last night showed great effort all the way to 3rd string guys.

They need someone who can play week 1 and that isn't Karlos.

Just happened last year when they signed Scott Chandler and a majority here said he was gonna be one of the best TE's in the league with Brady throwing to him. Just look at his stats line.....23 grabs for 259 yds and 4 TD's. What more do you need? Smh

and now he is retired.

Nothing at all against Scott.

But the Patriots making Filet Mignon from Ground beef is not as likely as the Myth suggests

The good news is that Karlos probably doesn't even know the plays well enough to give BB any info. The play for Karlos was "grab ball from QB -- run to hole."

I was gonna post this same thought !

:beer:

imo they think the other backups we have now are just as capable of that type of performance. And that he is not likely to repeat that performance at his current physical and mental state.

I think Roman knows best.

his line and design is what has been getting the yards IMO.

It's finally an example of showing some discipline on the team. I was a real fan last year with a number of posts, but your job is to come in shape and knowing your playbook. Being just as overweight in TC as OTA's is ridiculous.

I know we all get older and gain weight, but anyone can get in shape. It just takes disincline. The biggest thing is to eat right, then HIIT training. That stands for High Intensity Interval Training. Basically the stuff you see on TV with the Insanity workout, or cross fit.

Such a waste as he was impressive as a second string RB.

He coulda been a contenda

https://youtu.be/uBiewQrpBBA

They need someone who can play week 1 and that isn't Karlos.

Point taken