Dak Prescott

YoloinOhio

That was 2015. Not EJ's rookie year.

Side note- Dak looked great his first year w A&M. Then things fell apart. For him if I recall correctly. Not sure what or why. We have any A&M fans?

Are you thinking of Kenny Hill? Prescott was Miss St.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AnotherPreseason Hall of Famer! I would love to see the list of preseason HOFers who do nothing in the league.

I did like this guy at MIss St but there seemed like some similarities between him and Tebow. Honestly, preseason with very vanilla looks is a different world than going against Belichick or Seattle in the regular season.

I watched a lot of Dak at State. I thought he was a good college QB but I never thought he would be a good pro QB. He was wildly inaccurate in college his first two seasons but definitely improved. i watched the Dallas game last night and he played well. He knew where to go with the ball and who would be open. It was impressive. Only doubt I have though is all the receivers he was hitting last night were wide, wide open. Like no one within 5 yards. However, he was hitting them in stride and with good ball placement. He looks promising but I'm still a little skeptical. Maybe he landed in the right offense in Dallas where he can flourish. I just remember him taking 16 sacks between playing ole miss and bama last year which was telling me he did not know where to go with the ball with tight coverage. But I could be wrong now or I could be right. I really need to see him play in a regular season game against a complicated defensive scheme

Edited by VaMilBill

We're going to regret not taking a QB. Prescott was good value at his draft position - a high upside guy. But watch out for Paxton Lynch too. I'm in Colorado watching what's going on with the Broncos, starting Trevor Siemien at QB in Game 2. Really? Sanchez is ostensibly his competition. Looks to me like Elway an Kubiak are setting up both of those guys for failure so they can turn the keys over to Lynch as soon as possible ...

We're going to regret not taking a QB. Prescott was good value at his draft position - a high upside guy. But watch out for Paxton Lynch too. I'm in Colorado watching what's going on with the Broncos, starting Trevor Siemien at QB in Game 2. Really? Sanchez is ostensibly his competition. Looks to me like Elway an Kubiak are setting up both of those guys for failure so they can turn the keys over to Lynch as soon as possible ...

I think you missed the Bills drafting Cardale Jones, who made the HOF after his first preseason game.

If you run a team, you don't need an elaborate scheme to start a rookie. You just start whoever you want. :doh:

If you run a team, you don't need an elaborate scheme to start a rookie. You just start whoever you want. :doh:

But ... in order to start a rookie, particularly at QB, you generally want the team to understand that there was a fair competition in which the veterans both failed to step forward and grab it. Although Tyrod was not a rookie last year, he had never started a game at QB, whereas Cassell and Manuel had started many, and that competition played out very similarly to what I see happening in Denver.

We took Cardale. What do you mean by "We're going to regret not taking a QB."?!?