Will Dareus have his suspension reduced?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bell appealed and had his lowered to 3 games. Is there any reason to not think that Dareus could do the exact same thing?

If Darcy is in charge of faxing in his appeal, there's a chance.

he should. There is no reason I can think of for the disparate treatment. Also, Bell's "settlement" includes that he stays at the same level in the drug program, meaning that if he tests positive or misses another test, he is only suspended 4 games.

I really can't believe this guy at all. I watched his press conference and he was a poor excuse of a guy who regretted what he was suspended for. All the team has done for him and he screws up again. He is a problem child in a mans clothing. Sorry- don't think is the last time he will be in trouble.

"Any Player who is notified by the NFL Management Council that he is subject to a fine or suspension for violation of the terms of this Policy may appeal such discipline in writing within five (5) business days of receiving notice from the NFL that he is subject to discipline"

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/media/Default/PDFs/Active%20Players/Drug_SOA_Policy_9-29-14.pdf

Have to believe that deadline has elapsed since he found out Saturday. Assuming it hasn't, and he filed this week, his appeal hearing would be 4 Tuesdays out, which would be 9/13. That would allow him to play in (most likely) weeks 1 and 2, but would put him out for Weeks 3-7 unless his suspension is reduced.

Edited by thebandit27

I really can't believe this guy at all. I watched his press conference and he was a poor excuse of a guy who regretted what he was suspended for. All the team has done for him and he screws up again. He is a problem child in a mans clothing. Sorry- don't think is the last time he will be in trouble.

Oh please. He needs to be smarter but he certainly earned his money and would have gotten if from 31 other teams in the NFL If the Billls didn't pay him.

Edited by C.Biscuit97