Sorry, but I'm still going to miss Hogan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could have used Hogan this year. It just shows what a competent QB can go with another weapon. Sammy, Woods and Hogan would look good with Shady and Clay. TT on the run and our OLine. That's a tough O and with Rex running the D how could we have gone wrong?

Hogan wouldn't have won the Bills any more games. And his absence on the Cheaters wouldn't have lost them any more games.

Pats offense calls for sure handed,precise route runners. Enter Hogan.perfect for the Pats winning system as a 2nd or 3rd receiver.

I don't think Belicheck wants a bunch of spectacular WRs unless they run perfect routes.Of course he would take a Jerry Rice but he is perfectly happy with the Bobby Chandlers and Fred Biletnikoffs of the world.

We could have used Hogan this year. It just shows what a competent QB can go with another weapon. Sammy, Woods and Hogan would look good with Shady and Clay. TT on the run and our OLine. That's a tough O and with Rex running the D how could we have gone wrong?

Answered your own question. :)

Nothing he's done today was spectacular on his part -- but he has been productive

9 rec for 180 yards. 2 TD's....JAG!

It's clear to me that some Bills fans that were disparaging the guy have no clue what they are looking at on the field, and neither does Doug Whaley.

Hogan wouldn't have won the Bills any more games. And his absence on the Cheaters wouldn't have lost them any more games.

I beg to differ. A healthy Hogan and we don't see Goodwin as a #2 this year. Watching Goodwin, Powell, Tate and Hunter getting meaningful time at WR was just not right. None of those chumps is going to catch 200 yds and 2 td's from Brady on their best day. NE -1 in wins without 7/11 and the Bills get +2 with him. We would have won a few of those tight games keeping drives alive, taking pressure off the D, etc...

Edited by BillsRdue

Its really simple. Most teams look for players that can physically beat their opponents especially at the skill positions. New England looks for players that can mentally beat their opponents. Its that simple. It works because they have a cerebral QB and they set up their schemes to take advantage of that fact. Same on Defense

I beg to differ. A healthy Hogan and we don't see Goodwin as a #2 this year. Watching Goodwin, Powell, Tate and Hunter getting meaningful time at WR was just not right. None of those chumps is going to catch 200 yds and 22 td's from Brady on their best day. NE -1 in wins without 7/11 and the Bills get +2 with him. We would have won a few of those tight games keeping drives alive, taking pressure off the D, etc...

So what if those other guys played? Hogan's presence wouldn't have made a bit of difference to the outcome of games.

I am with you. Those are Julio Jones type numbers. I should have put him on my fantasy team.

I'm willing to bet that Matt Ryan is in Dimitroff's ear right now demanding an explanation for why the team didn't trade Julio and a 1st for Hogan.

That'd be a bargain

Pats offense calls for sure handed,precise route runners. Enter Hogan.perfect for the Pats winning system as a 2nd or 3rd receiver.

I don't think Belicheck wants a bunch of spectacular WRs unless they run perfect routes.Of course he would take a Jerry Rice but he is perfectly happy with the Bobby Chandlers and Fred Biletnikoffs of the world.

I agree, another thing they look for are players who will do anything to win. Players who hate loosing more than they like winning. It shows on the field at the end of the game, when will prevails over talent.

This Game 9ctch 180yds 20.0avg 39lg 2TD

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14402/chris-hogan

There was a real reason his nickname was 7/11. Just like Wes Welker playing for the crappy Dolphins and not many could see the potential.

Just read through this thread to see the fans that are still calling him nothing special after a game like this.

Edited by Nihilarian