Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

@RapSheet

#Giants K Josh Brown has been suspended for the first game of the 2016 season for violating the @NFL's personal conduct policy.

Didn't know Brown was getting a game for DV:

@DDuggan21

Suspended Giants kicker Josh Brown was arrested on domestic violence charge in 2015, per @JamesKratch:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's interesting is that no one can point to a police report, 911 call, arrest report, anything. This should be public record somewhere. For all we know, the "DI" could be him shouting at his woman in a mall. Not to make light of DV at all, but you used to need some kind of proof to suspend someone. Googled this and all I can find are anonymous reports of allegations rumored to be occurring supposably high up in the NFL. Not one hit for "Police respond to DV incident involving Manny Lawson".

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Here it is

@bytimgraham

Public records show Manny Lawson was arrested for disorderly conduct/domestic violence on 2/17/2014 in Scottsdale, AZ. Story to come.

Records show charges were dismissed by the city attorney on 11/17/2014, perhaps after completion of a program.

Can we still blame Rex? Marrone ran a loose ship yo.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm guessing you are right then, the truth is somewhere in the middle. Manny Lawson is either lying or Graham's source is skewing the facts though. Lawson clearly stated the only thing that happened was his injury.

"Oh yeeaaaah, that incident!" won't cut it.

PFT said it occurred last season, so, everyone is telling the truth even as they are, potentially, lying through their teeth.

PFT said it occurred last season, so, everyone is telling the truth even as they are, potentially, lying through their teeth.

two seasons ago. And dismissed. They are going to suspend him 2.5 years later. Alrighty.

@bytimgraham

Additional records show Manny Lawson entered a plea deal end entered into a diversion program.

Interesting - this was prior to the new DV policy. So likely the reason for 1 game vs 6. But wtf took so long?

Edited by YoloinOhio

two seasons ago. And dismissed. They are going to suspend him 2.5 years later. Alrighty.

@bytimgraham

Additional records show Manny Lawson entered a plea deal end entered into a diversion program.

Interesting - this was prior to the new DV policy. So likely the reason for 1 game vs 6. But wtf took so long?

Weak.

If Graham has the correct information then yes, that is correct. The link I posted says last season. That may be correct or incorrect. In a day or two we will potentially know.

hopefully there aren't two incidents - one TG found and one from last season.

Geez.

If he was going to be suspended for that, it would have been during the 2015 season. And according to Graham's twitter feed, the charges were later dropped by the city attorney, and someone tweeted that that means they weren't criminal charges.

What's interesting is that no one can point to a police report, 911 call, arrest report, anything. This should be public record somewhere. For all we know, the "DI" could be him shouting at his woman in a mall. Not to make light of DV at all, but you used to need some kind of proof to suspend someone. Googled this and all I can find are anonymous reports of allegations rumored to be occurring supposably high up in the NFL. Not one hit for "Police respond to DV incident involving Manny Lawson".

The proof is in the pudding. Now i bet you're expecting me to provide the proof after saying that but this is where i have to let you know that i saw an opportunity to say "the proof is in the pudding" and i took it because I've always wanted to say it and never did before. I still don't know what the hell it means. If it's pudding, then aren't the ingredients all mixed together? How can you get the proof out of it? Is it like taking the lactose out of milk?

I'm scanning through this thread and sounds like no one has a definitive answer to whether the 2014 incident is the cause for the possible suspension. Maybe the reason Manny is stating we're working through it is if it was before the new policy, maybe they are negotiating behind closed doors with the NFL to just pay a fine or something. Who knows?