Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

I see both sides of this issue but I have to say that I'm getting a little tired of Godell.

I understand that the NFLPA reached an agreement during the last labor deal that gave him a lot of power, so they have to accept the consequences. I honestly don't think that Godell realized how much of his time and effort it was going to take to police the entire league by himself. So as a result, there doesn't seem to be any rational plan or thought behind how he's approaching it. I don't know if this is the right word for it, but it seems like he's "grasping".

But while the labor deal is in force, both sides have to adhere to it. Godell ought to take a cue from the other leagues and spread the workload out, so that he's not having to deal with every single one. I think it's reached the point where it's starting to be a serious distraction.

He's good for NFL revenues, but by no means a God. Don't believe me? Just ask the NFLPA or Robert Kraft.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The attacks on Graham for breaking a story from his multiple trusted sources are just beyond bizarre.

As FireChan has already pointed out, the team has since been forced to admit there is some sort of investigation into an incident that we knew nothing about until TG broke the story--and posters are complaining about this?

Do yourselves a favor, if this harms your tender mercies for some reason--limit your Bills news intake to Baghdad Brown over at OBD. He will never hurt you.

Edited by Mr. WEO

This could be a huge black eye on the Giants. If what his ex-wife is alleging turns out to be true, there's absolutely no way they can ignore it.

Put a family man like Kyle Williams on the kickoff return unit and light the !@#$er up tomorrow.

Or it could be she is exaggerating for divorce trying to get money. Let legal system handle it not press and PLEASE separate discussions!

The attacks on Graham for breaking a story from his multiple trusted sources are just beyond bizarre.

As FireChan has already pointed out, the team has since been forced to admit there is some sort of investigation into an incident that we knew nothing about until TG broke the story--and posters are complaining about this?

Do yourselves a favor, if this harms your tender mercies for some reason--limit your Bills news intake to Baghdad Brown over at OBD. He will never hurt you.

It's not about hurting us, it is about releasing a non-story about something that would be announced in the future anyway, but now everyone is in panic mode because graham doesnt actually have any details.

So now we are 13 pages into a thread where we know next to nothing more than when we started.

I don't blame the guy for reporting it, but this pushing and pulling, and demonizing the bills organization for not commenting on it or commenting on it, and knowing about it or not knowing about it is annoying. It is generating controversy out of something that would've come out of the woodwork when the NFL:completes its investigation.

This is also why I have a zero tolerance for domestic violence. The likelihood that these are one-off events is tiny.

Knowing that Manny has already gone through the system because of it sours how I see him. I've resigned myself to the fact that teams don't care until they're made to care.

See: Frank Clark in Seattle

It's not about hurting us, it is about releasing a non-story about something that would be announced in the future anyway, but now everyone is in panic mode because graham doesnt actually have any details.

So now we are 13 pages into a thread where we know next to nothing more than when we started.

I don't blame the guy for reporting it, but this pushing and pulling, and demonizing the bills organization for not commenting on it or commenting on it, and knowing about it or not knowing about it is annoying. It is generating controversy out of something that would've come out of the woodwork when the NFL:completes its investigation.

A non-story? Yes, a DV investigation about a Bills key contributor is surely a "non-story."

Tim Graham should sit on his info so we won't talk about it on TBD? Are you comprehending what you're writing?

"We shouldn't have found the reports on Dareus' and Karlos' suspensions, we woulda found out week 1 anyway." Like what.

Edited by FireChan

A non-story? Yes, a DV investigation about a Bills key contributor is surely a "non-story."

Tim Graham should sit on his info so we won't talk about it on TBD? Are you comprehending what you're writing?

"We shouldn't have found the reports on Dareus' and Karlos' suspensions, we woulda found out week 1 anyway." Like what.

Like I said I don't take issue with the original report. I take issue of the controversy that spawns out of it.

It's cool we got an inside look at what might be coming, but time and time again the media and some people can't take the information and wait for all of the facts before opening their mouths, speculating, assigning blame, and damning everyone involved.

Why not wait until they know what he did before reporting it?

I have no doubt that there was an incident, but what was it? Nobody can answer that right now, so why even bring it to the forefront YET?

Being the first to report something has taken precident on being right, and reporting what actually happened.

I still say it happened in the conservatory, with the candlestick.

Edited by Captain_Quint

Why not wait until they know what he did before reporting it?

I have no doubt that there was an incident, but what was it? Nobody can answer that right now, so why even bring it to the forefront YET?

Being the first to report something has taken precident on being right, and reporting what actually happened.

I still say it happened in the conservatory, with the candlestick.

You answered your own question. It was brought to the forefront because now you know there was an incident and it is currently being investigated.

Really just a roundabout way of saying "ignorance is bliss."

You answered your own question. It was brought to the forefront because now you know there was an incident and it is currently being investigated.

Really just a roundabout way of saying "ignorance is bliss."

Whats the incident? Nobody knows right now, and thats sort of the point to reporting things.

Whats the incident? Nobody knows right now, and thats sort of the point to reporting things.

A domestic violence incident.

You wouldn't know there was any incident at all if it wasn't reported.

Edited by FireChan

You should just resort to this then for a few weeks:

2365702490_7a1e8f01c8_b.jpg

I guess talking about a player being investigated for something that never even made the news and for which it's possible he might get a 1-game suspension passes as news these days.

Why would any investigation with a possible suspension, on this team, at this particular time, not be newsworthy?

He's given us everything his source has given him. Not sure what else he can do.

Won't stop him from getting crucified on this board, though. Nothing like a witch hunt for the outrage crowd to make snark, then disappear when they're proven wrong.

If you say that something happened but don't know when or what it is or if there will be a suspension or not, then that's probably not enough to break the story, IMO. He just throws something out there to be first before he really knows what is happening.

Oh, and that is for including the usual bashing of other posters that makes TBD such a pleasure to read.

Edited by vincec