Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

Wow, it's hard to make the first tweet sound more douchey:

"He ought to know what I'm talking about, I reported it and asked his agent for comment, didn't I?" (Paraphrased)

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, reading the article today with the agent quotes, I think it is clear he was mentioned as part of some kind of (alleged) incident. Not DV.

Graham threw the 1 game suspension possibility out there because yes, it is a possibility based on how the personal conduct policy is written IF he's found to have violated it. However, I'd guess it might be as much of a possibility as Shady's bar brawl and Bradham's umbrella attack was... If that makes sense.

This sounds right. I've been searching "Manny Lawson" and "domestic violence" or "arrested" and get nothing but these threads. I seriously doubt an argument is enough to get someone suspended.

This sounds right. I've been searching "Manny Lawson" and "domestic violence" or "arrested" and get nothing but these threads. I seriously doubt an argument is enough to get someone suspended.

That was also the case when searching Marcell Dareus two weeks ago.

You could search for "Marcel Dareus drug suspension" like many did and got nothing.

I'm not talking about searching for news about a suspension. I'm talking about the reason for the alleged looming suspension. In this day and age, any and everything gets reported, no matter how minor. So we'd have seen something about "Manny Lawson has police summoned to home" or something like that.

Wake me up when someone else reports it. I'm sure we'll get something from Timmy saying that the Bills bought off the league or something.

You mean like Skirsky in OP's first post in this thread?

Edited by Mr. WEO

Graham not backing off of the DV

@bytimgraham

Knowledgable source when asked if possible Lawson alleged incident wasn't w/wife: "Then it wouldn't be domestic violence, would it?" (Sigh)

Isn't DV automatic 6 games? Why would he only get one of it was DV? That's why i assumed it had to be something more minor violation of the personal conduct policy. Who knows.

@bytimgraham

Knowledgable source when asked if possible Lawson alleged incident wasn't w/wife: "Then it wouldn't be domestic violence, would it?" (Sigh)

Isn't DV automatic 6 games? Why would he only get one of it was DV? That's why i assumed it had to be something more minor violation of the personal conduct policy. Who knows.

Maybe it happened in Canada so technically its 'International violence'?

@bytimgraham

To my knowledge, yes, which is why I'm surprised he sounds so snippy and is so sure.

@bytimgraham

The policy on DV does have a clause for mitigating circumstances. Entirely plausible that his wife started something and the law deemed that he responded in self-defence.

Without details, it's complete speculation. Trust me, I've got drafts ready to go on this but, for legal reasons, I can't publish yet.

The policy on DV does have a clause for mitigating circumstances. Entirely plausible that his wife started something and the law deemed that he responded in self-defence.

Without details, it's complete speculation. Trust me, I've got drafts ready to go on this but, for legal reasons, I can't publish yet.

drafts on what?

@TBNSports

#Bills Manny Lawson on suspension report: 'Trying to get to the bottom of it.' @VicCarucci: http://bit.ly/2bo5AtS

CqFjXeCWEAQn4Jd.jpg

If Lawson is getting suspended, he should be hearing something soon.

@RapSheet

#Giants K Josh Brown has been suspended for the first game of the 2016 season for violating the @NFL's personal conduct policy.