Possible One Game Suspension for Manny Lawson for DV

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We really are a circus of a team, sigh.

No doubt.

I really would love to cast a huge amount of blame on Rex and Whaley but it would be disingenuous of me to do so. My feeling is that many of these players were idiots before they got here.

I do NOT however fully excuse Rex, as do some apologists here from what I have seen. I believe he sets a tone that doesn't really involve discipline, thus the penalties and suspensions. Rex is more of a barker at a cheap carnival than he is a football coach. Whaley is just in WAY over his head. His strengths are giving away Pegula's money and trading away his draft picks.

I don't think that we will win 5 games this year. I will never, ever root against the Bills, but there is solace to be found in the fact that this will probably be it for Rex and Whaley.

he said there is nothing? this is nuts.he said he's unaware of any suspension coming. he did say nothing happened THIS offseason...last year? But it sounds bogus

graham said it wasn't recent. And since these things usually come down the year after, I'm guessing it wasn't this offseason like manny said. Edited by YoloinOhio

Lawson has been the subject of an NFL investigation into an alleged domestic incident, The Buffalo News has confirmed with two separate league sources, and faces the possibility of a one-game league suspension for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy.

Yes and if reporters are not falsifying source (would not be first time) employees of NFL are leaking confidential information and should be fined, suspended or fired.

Amazing that one reporter makes something up and it gets reported around even though no one else can get a whiff of anything.

Make something up, the Buffalo News? LOL

What a difference ten years makes. When Marv Levy was GM, he wanted high character guys, but they sucked on the field. Now the Bills are getting better players, but some of them are just plain dumb asses and are getting in trouble/suspended. It seems the Bills are "damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Edited by Jerry Jabber

If this is true, I will be pretty disappointed. I know losing Manny for 1 game won't be a huge loss (IMO, Biermann>Manny), but Manny would be setting a terrible example. He's one of the most veteran players on the team (10 years?), and, because of that, is probably thought of as a leader of a fairly young LB group. Plus he always seemed like a pretty good person, and domestic violence is very serious.

So here is another player who got one game for DV, and the incident was from May 2015. Guessing that is when manny's incident is from as well (sometime last year/offseason) if we are now hearing about a possible suspension

@dduggan21

Suspended Giants kicker Josh Brown was arrested on domestic violence charge in 2015, per @JamesKratch:

@lippy4246 Yes, police report says he grabbed a woman's (presumably his wife's) wrist.

Edited by YoloinOhio