TOD 8/15: Season-game by game-what do you expect - Cardinals

We will go through the upcoming season one game at a time. Post your thoughts on the following:

- Who wins the game?

- What is the best player to player matchup in the game (best game within the game)?

- If the Bills are to win what must they do from a gameplan perspective?

Week three - the Cards - what are your thoughts?

This game is not gonna be fun. The Cards are a tough team and a much more complete team. I'm interested to see Darby and Gilmore match up vs Fitz and John Brown.

I think the key to this game is our run offense. They've got fast LBs in the form of Deone Buchannon. Interesting matchup vs our RBs out of the backfield in the passing game. But I think if we can get a ground and pound offense going vs their smaller hybrid defense we could have a shot. Unfortunately, we don't have Karlos, so JWill is gonna need to have a big game.

We're flying up for that game. I'm not very confident in that one. I was hoping we could go 3-1 in the first four, with this one as the loss. The Cards are such a complete team, with getting better between Chandler Jones acquisition, and the draft.

They were 13-3, and only really had one bad game against the Panthers which were 15-1 last year. You're right the run game will be huge as well as our secondary.

It's an interesting matchup, as Carson Palmer looked pretty bad the last 3 games of the season, last season. His only "good" game was against Green Bay, and even then it wasn't great, they were saved by Fitz. Was he figured out a bit? I guess we will see. I like that it's in Buffalo.

The Bills have a chance in this game at home, but they have to make Carson Palmer wilt and give them gifts. Bottom line is that this game presents a very tough challenge because the Cards have excellent personnel and one helluva good coach in Bruce Arians.

Maybe we can hope for an early season Buffalo cold front? Might put a team from Arizona at a disadvantage? Not that it means anything for this game but Carson Palmer has never beaten the Bills. If our defense improves as much as people say it can (which I'm still very skeptical about) I think we might stand a better chance at this game than people think.

They have a rookie corner who's been playing the position for about a year, a converted RB, who's projected to start opposite Peterson. I expect Tyrod/GRo test him early and often to make him prove he's an NFL CB. Could open some things up

Count me among those who believe Carson Palmer will have a significant drop off this year. That said, their defense is no joke and Arians seems to be one heluva coach. David Johnson is a legitimate weapon.

Bills by 40.

Serious question: who was the last western team to come in here and win?

Last year no teams came

2014 from the afc west both SD and KC

2013 KC

2012 beat KC lost to the Rams (Seattle was in Toronto so I'm not counting it)

They are 1-4 over their last 5. Not good for the supposed west coast to east coast 1pm advantage.

This is a game that I have to stretch hard to come up with a Bills win. Arizona was last year and will be again this year my favorite to make the SB from the NFC.

Last year no teams came

2014 from the afc west both SD and KC

2013 KC

2012 beat KC lost to the Rams (Seattle was in Toronto so I'm not counting it)

They are 1-4 over their last 5. Not good for the supposed west coast to east coast 1pm advantage.

This is a game that I have to stretch hard to come up with a Bills win. Arizona was last year and will be again this year my favorite to make the SB from the NFC.

Kansas City = west coast?