Bills reach stadium naming rights agreement with New Era

YoloinOhio

I agree with it's about time. The rest of what you said is whiny tripe.

The only reason the Bills exist in WNY today is because of RW. Yea, he was cheap (but not always). Would you rather cheer for no team, or for the Bills being here?

And worst owner in history? Dude, you need an enema. I'm not even going into the long long list of owners who screwed their team and their fans ... by moving the team to another city, or owner made crappy football decisions.

And your hateful points are from the 1970's and 1980's. Upgrade your AOL account to real internet access.. and get rid of the Packard Bell computer.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only reason the Bills exist in WNY today is because of RW. Yea, he was cheap (but not always). Would you rather cheer for no team, or for the Bills being here?

And worst owner in history? Dude, you need an enema. I'm not even going into the long long list of owners who screwed their team and their fans ... by moving the team to another city, or owner made crappy football decisions.

And your hateful points are from the 1970's and 1980's. Upgrade your AOL account to real internet access.. and get rid of the Packard Bell computer.

Wow 70s and 80s? Really are you serious? How about a recent 16 year drought from playoffs, with a revolving door of coaches and GMs? And what decade, genius, was it in that the greedy billionaire gave up home field advantage by moving home games to Toronto for an extra 10 million. Money I am sure he needed. And the the Bills players hated that move - see Eric Wood. Was that 70s or 80s? Or was that very recent history - let us know

Vegas... you dirty troll. And slut.

I raise a beer to you. One time only.

Edited by boater

Wow 70s and 80s? Really are you serious? How about a recent 16 year drought from playoffs, with a revolving door of coaches and GMs? And what decade, genius, was it in that the greedy billionaire gave up home field advantage by moving home games to Toronto for an extra 10 million. Money I am sure he needed. And the the Bills players hated that move - see Eric Wood. Was that 70s or 80s? Or was that very recent history - let us know

Let us? You are totally speaking for yourself

I'd think the opposite Ralph Wilson field, New Era stadium.

Agreed

That's a really smart move. I love Ralph, and his legacy, but stadium naming rights are a necessary money maker for small markets, New Era is a Buffalo company with connections obviously to sports and the NFL and it's not even a stupid name. Great move all around.

And agreed

Also the guy that put the poison pill in the last lease that he signed with Erie County that made it nearly impossible for someone to buy the team and move it. Ralph wasn't perfect, but he brought a team to Buffalo, kept it here when he could have moved it for big money and made sure it stayed her after his death. That makes him aces in my book forever.

Save your breath (or keystrokes), Vegas is a one trick pony

reported

If you tried you did it incorrectly, but, what happens in vegas will stay inside his mind for at least the next year.

Anytime you'd like to have a battle of wits with me, just let me know. I'll have one of the fine posters on this board hit me in the head with a sledge hammer so we start off even.

I volunteer!!!

Bringing this thread back to topic (hopefully):

I think the New Era deal is great. A local company, with national exposure (New Era) merging forces with another nationally recognized company (the Bills).

Off topic: I walked by New Era HQ on Delaware Ave, on my way to an unsuccessful job interview, and noticed the entry to their parking lot was a very visible San Francisco 49 statue. Is there a story there..?

Bringing this thread back to topic (hopefully):

I think the New Era deal is great. A local company, with national exposure (New Era) merging forces with another nationally recognized company (the Bills).

Off topic: I walked by New Era HQ on Delaware Ave, on my way to an unsuccessful job interview, and noticed the entry to their parking lot was a very visible San Francisco 49 statue. Is there a story there..?

i don't know but good luck on your job search.

I posted a different thread on opinions because I had word this was coming.

It was this guy:

Shoshone

Probation

• photo-thumb-21032.jpg?_r=1382143290
  • Members
  • pip.png
  • 31 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:54 PM

New Era Field will be announced around the 17th- 18th. 6 year deal. The Pegs will decide in 2018-2019 whether or not they will build a new stadium in downtown. If so, Pegs will pay for it himself. If not, they will renovate our current stadium.

Signs are already going up in the stadium. It will take a at least a year to complete the transition but most of it should be done by opening day.