Aaron Williams - possible concussion

YoloinOhio

So you are going to have free Duffs until September 12th?

LOL.

Hey man. Even if I'm in a Bills uniform for a day and get injured, it'll be worth it for the free doctors checkup. While I'm in surgery for my (insert broken part of body here), i can get a couple other procedures done also. I have a broken finger that i let heal on it's own so maybe they can straighten that finger out.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guy's not even thirty, and he's already had a serious neck injury now a head injury?

He's got a LOT of life ahead of him.

I am just kinda in wait and see on this

The thing is concussions are not uncommon for certain positions. I need someone (who actually knows whh they are talking about) to tell me that these two things are related to each other.

Williams neck injury might be completely healed (in some cases I have read that these type injuries the healing makes the neck even stronger)......and the concussion might not be related

If they are related....I would have a different take on this

If AW doesn't play (or is out for a long period of time) our season is now questionable. He needs to rest up. No preseason games.

Pretty much the worse thing that could happen. Glad Whaley planned that his already injured safety who was coming off neck surgery, wouldn't be able to play this year

FWIW, the neck injury.....which was initially suffered on a spearing-type tackle attempt in early in 2014....looked exactly like a typical concussion situation and was only later reported with little notice as being a neck injury.

I generally believe health and safety is at the discretion of the player but there is one situation where I thought the Bills were absolutely wrong in letting a guy play:

The Aaron Williams thing is still totally on AW though, IMO.........I thought this was going to be something of a financial standoff this offseason......with AW refusing to retire and the Bills waiting to clear him physically and waive him.........but perhaps even crazier they are COUNTING on him.

I respect AW so much. He needs to take off the rest of camp & be ready for week 1.

If AW cannot take hits in training camp then he should not be on roster - same argument as Goodwin.

Part of reason he was injured was his tackling technique and I do not think that will change.

Combine that with his attitude last year being out of control I think it is very risky for Bills to use him as primary safety.

I move to have a poll added to this thread. That way, we can just decide for him if he retires or not. That IS what we are doing here, right?

It's an interesting point. Not long ago, many here were trying to convince us that NFL players were "retiring early" in droves--and this would be the first death knell of the NFL.

Here's a guy who broke his neck, considered retiring, said "nahhh", got concussed as soon as training camp----and STILL he wants to play.

If AW cannot take hits in training camp then he should not be on roster - same argument as Goodwin.

Part of reason he was injured was his tackling technique and I do not think that will change.

Combine that with his attitude last year being out of control I think it is very risky for Bills to use him as primary safety.

You did read how the injury occured

Don't sleep on Blanton, he can be a good starter for us.

Greta pick up imo.

Versatile too.

I hope he is ok. If truly a concussion, then there is no correlation at all to a previous neck injury. We really need him this year so hope he can rest and would be fine even if out until week 1.

He'll probably be back in one to two weeks.

I said to a fellow fan today. I really do not need to see him get carted off during a game.

Wish he would just retire at this point.

Are we so desperate at Safety ?

If i ever see another Everett situation in my like it will be too damned soon

Rex has no luck , no pads , no contact , they still get hurt.

Rex and the rest of us poor slobs who love the Bills.

Brutal slog for us.