Don't sleep on Glass Goodwin--making a good impression

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why do we beat up on our own???

As Bills fans, we're supposed to love all Bills players and hate all Pats players.

It's almost as if we blame the current roster (and coaches and staff) for 16 years of futility.

Personally, I'm really hoping Goodwin stays healthy this year and torches a few opposing AFCE DBs.

As Bills fans, we're supposed to love all Bills players and hate all Pats players.

It's almost as if we blame the current roster (and coaches and staff) for 16 years of futility.

Personally, I'm really hoping Goodwin stays healthy this year and torches a few opposing AFCE DBs.

Goodwin just doesn't need to be on the roster anymore. Roscoe Parrish was a camp star too. These guys just don't endure any meaningful amount of a season. They're a buck nuthin 5 foot nuthin and get pummeled quickly Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Thanks for making the lack of durability point for me. :thumbsup: That is the real issue with him and always has been.

The point was, in the 10 gems he played in, he caught 1 pass (hey, where are the "extrapolators"?!) In other words, he's not considered a threat by his own staff. He's really not that good.

One could easily argue that his injuries are the only reason he is still on the roster. Had he been available every game, they would have cut him by the end of 2014. His best bet is to keep getting injured, nothing serious mind you, just nagging stuff to keep him off the field.

The point was, in the 10 gems he played in, he caught 1 pass (hey, where are the "extrapolators"?!) In other words, he's not considered a threat by his own staff. He's really not that good.

One could easily argue that his injuries are the only reason he is still on the roster. Had he been available every game, they would have cut him by the end of 2014. His best bet is to keep getting injured, nothing serious mind you, just nagging stuff to keep him off the field.

When Goodwin is on the field, the threat of his speed makes an impact by dictating coverage that opens up opportunities for teammates. If you don't get that, then there's no point in any further discussion.

When Goodwin is on the field, the threat of his speed makes an impact by dictating coverage that opens up opportunities for teammates. If you don't get that, then there's no point in any further discussion.

Really--all you need is speed? What opportunities did Hayward-Bey open up? Or Yamon Figurs? Jacoby Ford? Troy Williamson? Ted Ginn Jr? All super fast.

Heck, Roscoe Parrish? TJ Graham??

If a defense does't think you can run a route or catch the ball, you aren't stretching the defense.

Really--all you need is speed? What opportunities did Hayward-Bey open up? Or Yamon Figurs? Jacoby Ford? Troy Williamson? Ted Ginn Jr? All super fast.

If a defense does't think you can run a route or catch the ball, you aren't stretching the defense.

Goodwin can run routes as a WR and has done so as a talented football player. Again, His real problem is lack of durability. You're set on your opinion and that's fine.

these are things that many will never understand.

People like to hold onto the "only if he could stay healthy and had a real shot" argument.

In actuality, the guy has done nothing in his career. Healthy or not. He's just not a good football player.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong. I want him to tear up defenses. I just don't believe it will happen.

Look back at my previous posts and refer back to this post in a month when Goodwin is injured. The guy looks good at practice just as I predicted. Hes a world class athlete. Hes going to stand out. And he's able to do that in practice because NOBODY IS HITTING HIM. Trouble is, this is football. If we were playing flag football or 2 hand touch that would be a different story. Goodwin is built to long jump, not get hit by powerful 250 lb guys with zero body fat. I was his size when I was 12 yrs old. Hes not about this football life and he knows it. He said he would rather be long jumping professionally but football pays the bills. I'd rather develop someone who wants it and has shown promise than waste my time with this guy again

Hmmm.... TJ Graham?

thats Boyst62 boy

Personally. i support your view.

i suspect the haters are Pats fans deep down.

Or card carrying communists.

same thing as it turns out. Do not be fooled by the "Patriots" name. The subterfuge is Krafty

Thing is. team still respect the threat. Now if Fitz was still here teams would laugh at a fly pattern. from anyone. Even Felton

People like to hold onto the "only if he could stay healthy and had a real shot" argument.

In actuality, the guy has done nothing in his career. Healthy or not. He's just not a good football player.

Again, I really hope I'm wrong. I want him to tear up defenses. I just don't believe it will happen.

Hasn't done and won't do aren't the same thing.

I know we shouldn't ask for some luck....but it would be nice for a change. He rips the top off of a defense.

You ask too much. he will never dominate. He likely will not last the season, again.

But how about we look at how Defenses play him?

If he still garners a safety and his corner he is worth the risk.

When he does appear on the field and that D ones him he wins.

Put Listenbee on the PS. you know thats what Bills are doing right?

Rex has learned enough from Bellycheat by now.

Goodwin goes down Listy comes up. and team respect the speed.

i think its smart as heck. same roster spot.

Now get both on the field with TT? and a little Watkins speed?

f'it

cannot beat us just cannot stop that

Edited by 3rdand12

thats Boyst62 boy

Personally. i support your view.

i suspect the haters are Pats fans deep down.

Or card carrying communists.

same thing as it turns out. Do not be fooled by the "Patriots" name. The subterfuge is Krafty

Thing is. team still respect the threat. Now if Fitz was still here teams would laugh at a fly pattern. from anyone. Even Felton

If this was at all true, he would have had more than 9 targets in 10 games. Even if your QB has the biggest arm in the game, putting in the track guy to run a 40 yards dash down the sideline really doesn't put fear into a defense.

Also, look at the top 10 40 times in history. It shows that the CBs, as a group, are as fast as or faster than the fastest WRs. It's a wash at best.

If this was at all true, he would have had more than 9 targets in 10 games. Even if your QB has the biggest arm in the game, putting in the track guy to run a 40 yards dash down the sideline really doesn't put fear into a defense.

Also, look at the top 10 40 times in history. It shows that the CBs, as a group, are as fast as or faster than the fastest WRs. It's a wash at best.

Except the WRs do not have to turn to run so hardly a wash

Edited by 3rdand12

Except the WRs do not have to turn to run so hardly a wash

Once a guy like Goodwin gets bumped at the line, his speed advantage (if he has one) is gone.

Teams have been tossing track guys on the field for years with the sadly hopeful "well, you can't teach speed, right? Right?". It rarely works out because the WR role isn't just a footrace.

Once a guy like Goodwin gets bumped at the line, his speed advantage (if he has one) is gone.

Teams have been tossing track guys on the field for years with the sadly hopeful "well, you can't teach speed, right? Right?". It rarely works out because the WR role isn't just a footrace.

The thing is, Goodwin has shown he can beat the press. He's not a track guy who plays football, he's a football player. He just can't seem to stay healthy, which is a shame and hopefully something he can prove folks wrong about this year. But the guy has shown the ability in live action to stick in the league at the position.

Put it this way.... If Goodwin is still on this roster come September, I KNOW this team isn't serious about making the playoffs. -What's the definition of insanity again?

Listening to fans? I think Marv Levy said something on that matter

Anyone laughing at Gugny?

I thought his comic relief was posting and not being banned....

You ask too much. he will never dominate. He likely will not last the season, again.

But how about we look at how Defenses play him?

If he still garners a safety and his corner he is worth the risk.

When he does appear on the field and that D ones him he wins.

Put Listenbee on the PS. you know thats what Bills are doing right?

Rex has learned enough from Bellycheat by now.

Goodwin goes down Listy comes up. and team respect the speed.

i think its smart as heck. same roster spot.

Now get both on the field with TT? and a little Watkins speed?

f'it

cannot beat us just cannot stop that

you can stop it. Your average DB in the NFL is good enough to cover Glass. He's just not nearly as good as you are giving him credit for.

If he was any better he would have more than an average of 8 receptions, 115 yards and 1 TD a year over his career.

I don't want to hear about "if he could just stay healthy". That's an entirely different argument all together and IMO, is alone worth all the reason in the world to cut him. He played in 10 games in 2014 and averaged less than a catch a game. He averages 1 TD an entire season in his career.

And o don't want to hear the crap arguments that defenses respect him and his speed and he opens things up for Sammy or other WRs. It's a crap argument. He just doesn't do what you say he does. There isn't a single team in this league that would roll a safety overtop on his side as opposed to Sammys side. Ever. It just doesn't make sense. And of its happening it's only a bait job.

Either way, I'd much rather have a real WR than a decoy. I'd much rather have a real NFL player than a track guy that gets hurt every 3 downs. I'd much rather have a real WR that puts up real WR numbers than a scrub thy wouldn't make the practice squad on half the teams in the league.

Remember how everyone made fun of Graham and wasn't worried about him when we played against him with the jets??? Well, that's how other teams and coaches and fans feel about this kid.

Your argument is that he COULD be really good. He COULD stay healthy. Yeah, I could get a date with Kate Beckinsale too. But chances are it isn't going to happen.

At the end of the day, there is no argument for a WR that averages 8 catches a year for 3 full seasons in the league, or 2 if you consider his injuries.

Listening to fans? I think Marv Levy said something on that matter

Marv also thought is was ok to let the 90s Bills police themselves the nights before the biggest games of their careers.

He was also the GM that hired Dick Juaron.