TOD 8/10: Around the AFCE - Most likely to unseat Cheats*?

Buffalo, oddly enough. I think the Jets are over-rated and the Fish, well, they blow. I mean, they lose twice to us...how good could they be?

I agree, as long as the Bills aren't totally decimated by injuries throughout the season. The Jets also lost twice to us last year, making Rex 4-0 against NY and Miami as Buffalo HC.

Edited by Bubba Gump

Us. I can't think of a team in the league more overrated (especially on this board) than the Jets. Fitz had an aberrationally good year, the defense lost a lot of talented vets, their OL was bad and aging and looks worse and they had great injury luck, while playing a soft schedule that came with excellent timing. Like playing the Colts one week after we cracked Luck's ribs and showed the gameplan on how to beat them.

The Phins will probably show improvement, but they still have a questionable run game and no one great reciever, so it's still reliant on Tannehill to show something he's never shown on offense. D-line is likely still really good after swapping Olivier for Mario, but that was never their problem. Kiko was awful for the Eagles last year and the rest of their LB corps looks no better. DB somehow looks worse after cutting Grimes (long their best CB) as their #1 and trying to replace him with Byron Maxwell.

We look like a Longshot to overtake the Pats, but those chucklef%*$?

The only team that can unseat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves.

Thats a bold statement. and until recently i might have agreed.

My honest answer is Bills.

Even with injuries, Rex has been battling in the AFC east long enough to know. There is only one head to topple.

I think he is out best bet in years to defeat the Patriots in the game that matters most.

Now getting to that game is another matter

Go Bills

Not us, at least not this year. The guys we brought in to replace Nigel and Mario are GAN. We've got JAGs in their place. We have no WR depth after Woods (our big draft pick there, also GAN). We have JAGs and M*A*S*H units at RG. Tyrod needs to be the next Randall Cunningham for us to even have a chance. Nobody's unseating the Cheats until Marcia retires or gets hit by a bus.

The Bills. Biggest reason why is the division games. In the last 4 seasons we are 6-2 v the Jets and 6-2 vs the Dolphins. We are built to beat both of those teams. Until they can get past us it is hard to see either making a run at New England and winning the AFCE.

I actually think we will be 2nd in the division this year (and I am not high on us). The Jets schedule is brutal, especially early and if they are 1-4 for example it will unravell pretty quick.

Thats a bold statement. and until recently i might have agreed.

My honest answer is Bills.

Even with injuries, Rex has been battling in the AFC east long enough to know. There is only one head to topple.

I think he is out best bet in years to defeat the Patriots in the game that matters most.

Now getting to that game is another matter

Go Bills

Not unless the Patriots have defeated themselves first. A fully functioning Brady led team will never lose to anyone in the AFC east in January. Last year, for example, the Patriots were as weak as I've seen them in a long time. They came within three points of going to the Super Bowl yet again, and beat you twice along the way.

And this, "Now getting to that game is another matter", goes without saying. It's a long, brutal, 16 game season. Do you know how hard it is to be at the top at the end of that?

Edited by hardwork

The Bills have the best opportunity to win the AFCE outside of the Patriots. It's true we are 6-2 against the others in the last three years. In addition, Miami jettisoned some of their best players due to contracts, and brought in some older players like Mario. The Jets and Fitz became exposed as Rex recognized Fitz weakness is to the outside. Rex's defense clogged up the middle of tried and Fitz threw three picks in one game.

The Patriots are without Brady for four games, and the positives of the Bills with improved communication on defense, a year later with the new system, and a much improved offense from two years ago.

I don't expect the Bills to win the AFCE, but the OP's question is if another AFCE team can win it, who would it need? Unfortunately, even with e four game suspension, I still expect the Bills not to win the AFCE, but rather compete for a wildcard spot. I hope I'm wrong.

Not unless the Patriots have defeated themselves first. A fully functioning Brady led team will never lose to anyone in the AFC east in January. Last year, for example, the Patriots were as weak as I've seen them in a long time. They came within three points of going to the Super Bowl yet again, and beat you twice along the way.

And this, "Now getting to that game is another matter", goes without saying. It's a long, brutal, 16 game season. Do you know how hard it is to be at the top at the end of that?

Patriots are not ones to defeat themselves.

I think that Ryan is hell bent on building team to win the AFCE which means going through Boston.

I do not think the Bills even think hard about much except that. Until We can win that battle, nothing else really matters does it ?

Patriots are not ones to defeat themselves.

I think that Ryan is hell bent on building team to win the AFCE which means going through Boston.

I do not think the Bills even think hard about much except that. Until We can win that battle, nothing else really matters does it ?

I hate to bring this up, but, historically, the longer Ryan stays as a head coach, the worse his teams get. Does he draw up the best defensive schemes to handle the Patriots, he does. But he isn't in the habit of building a good enough team year in and year out to play the Patriots in January.

And by the way, I freely admit to not liking Rex. So take what I say about him with a grain of salt.

Edited by hardwork

I hate to bring this up, but, historically, the longer Ryan stays as a head coach, the worse his teams get. Does he draw up the best defensive schemes to handle the Patriots, he does. But he isn't in the habit of building a good enough team year in and year out to play the Patriots in January.

And by the way, I freely admit to not liking Rex. So take what I say about him with a grain of salt.

I still don't think your 72.

The only team that can unseat the Patriots are the Patriots themselves.

I feel this way, too. Them being unseated this season will would more to do with their decline than another team's rise. That said, the Bills have a shot. The Phish are some competent QB play away from having a shot. I just don't see it with the Jest though. I don't see how they win with Fitz behind that awful looking OL