Darby feeling like a rookie again?

Someone tweeted it was Darby Island at tonight's practice

glad to see that. Not saying I know whether he needs it or not, but doesn't hurt for him to get humbled after having such a great start. Reminder that he needs to get better. Sammy not even out there yet - can't get burned by backup level WRs.

Darby was terrible in the preseason last year. He was completely owned by Kelvin Benjamin vs Carolina. I think he played so well at the beginning of the season because he was scared to get burned so he was focused and determined. If fear is what it takes to keep a player on their toes then so be it

I remember reading somewhere that Darby was working on certain off man techniques in practice (apparently something he does not do a lot of) and that he could be playing press coverage that he is very good at but is taking the time to work on his all around game.

I mean....that is what training camp is for right?

Chris Brown wrote about that a couple days ago. I'll post the link if I come across it but you had the main points.

I remember reading somewhere that Darby was working on certain off man techniques in practice (apparently something he does not do a lot of) and that he could be playing press coverage that he is very good at but is taking the time to work on his all around game.

I mean....that is what training camp is for right?

would make sense. and be a great use of camp. i said last year to take a deep breath about his struggles, as camp/preseason often comes with putting guys in situations that arent their strong suit in order to push them. without knowing what is being asked of the guys, its sometimes hard for a fan to know how well things are actually going.

glad to see that. Not saying I know whether he needs it or not, but doesn't hurt for him to get humbled after having such a great start. Reminder that he needs to get better. Sammy not even out there yet - can't get burned by backup level WRs.

Unless.......those backups are that GREAT! Edited by fansince88

@realronalddarby

First week. A little rough but keep working . Always

Nothing like a poor start to camp for the heir apparent to light a fire under the Gilmore negotiations!

way Rex is yapping about the kid, Seymour is the key to the Gilmore negotiations.

Don't know why this is even a concern. He was terrible in camp last season and was fine. There are also players every year who have a bad/good camp and the panic/overrating always fades.

he was actually pretty solid in camp. It was the preseason games that were bad.

Don't over-react. Go back and read training camp reports from Aug 2, 2015. For players who have started a handful of legitimate NFL games, reading into day-to-day training camp reports is a losing game: trust what you saw on game day.

The only players for whom training camp performance is at all useful in projecting game-day performance are rookies and up-and-comers who have seen little to no playing time at the NFL level.

Don't over-react. Go back and read training camp reports from Aug 2, 2015. For players who have started a handful of legitimate NFL games, reading into day-to-day training camp reports is a losing game: trust what you saw on game day.

The only players for whom training camp performance is at all useful in projecting game-day performance are rookies and up-and-comers who have seen little to no playing time at the NFL level.

Thanks John for the perspective. Camp is time to try out different things with (vets). and different situationals

@bf_insiders

Gilmore, Darby and Robey were great today

I worry about Robey, even though he is mentoring Ronald along with Stephon