90's Bills considered dynasty

I was just watching an NFL Network Top 10 show of Dynasties. The 90's Bills were #8!!

I decided to record it, thinking that they might get an honorable mention so I was surprised with their ranking. Half of the commenters didn't think they deserved to be on the list since they didn't win a Super Bowl. They did dominate the AFC.

They sure did have HOFers on both sides of the ball. And Tasker should be in as well. They dominate AFC and beat up on the NFC just not when it counted most in the SB!

I thought it was cool that in Kellys last season he beat all the teams we lost to in the SBs.....unfortunately well yeah...you know how our history played out....

No question they were. Players make the HOF even though their teams never won it all. Why can't teams that never won it all be considered exceptional as well. I equate those Bills teams, in this regard, to the Indians teams that featured the likes of Thome, Ramirez, Belle, and Robbie Alomar.

I was just watching an NFL Network Top 10 show of Dynasties. The 90's Bills were #8!!

I decided to record it, thinking that they might get an honorable mention so I was surprised with their ranking. Half of the commenters didn't think they deserved to be on the list since they didn't win a Super Bowl. They did dominate the AFC.

We were good for the whole 90's and if not for the homerun throwback we probably go to the Super Bowl in 99.

Best football time of my life

indeed, the 90's were the best: met my beautiful wife, had my wonderful kids, the best music and the Bills were great.

Yep, #10 were the 70s Raiders who won one. Top 3 were Lombardi's Packers, 70s Steelers and 80s Niners. Living in Northern California I've grown to hate the Niners but their success over 2 decades should be #1 to me.

No question they were. Players make the HOF even though their teams never won it all. Why can't teams that never won it all be considered exceptional as well. I equate those Bills teams, in this regard, to the Indians teams that featured the likes of Thome, Ramirez, Belle, and Robbie Alomar.

Agreed.

And it's not as if we lost to schlep coaches, Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells, and Jimmy Johnson are legendary, arguably top-5 all-time coaches. Levy was not as good which was the difference. While he was in the lockerroom citing Hemmingway his counterparts were throwing chairs, laying out a sea of profanity, and getting their players fired up.

As Polian said, that collection of players was special. Imagine what any of those coaches would have done with it.

Also, they had some GOAT players too: Emmitt, LT. Irvin to a lesser extent just to name a few.

Best football time of my life

You can say that repeatedly.

It spoiled us. At least it spoiled me.

Edited by TaskersGhost

What the commenters say is meaningless. Nothing they say is off the cuff. They were told what to say and how to say it

It's difficult to state a dynasty when they lose 4 championships but to make 4 in a row is unprecedented. No one will ever do it. I thought it was cool in the Four Falls, Polian commented it was stated the AFC was inferior to NFC, yet the record for the Bills from 90-93 regular season was 14-2, and we beat all of the SB winners as well as SF.

I appreciate maybe they are coming around to what a special team those Bills were in the 90's. I know I took them for granted until we lost it.

I recall hearing that during a 10 year span in the Bills heyday, they had the second highest amount of wins. The Niners had only one more to claim tops and the Cowboys were third. The Bills were dominate and won a ton of games with a core of stars that remained intact and an old school patriarch owner. Even without a championship, it was a dynasty.

Yep, #10 were the 70s Raiders who won one. Top 3 were Lombardi's Packers, 70s Steelers and 80s Niners. Living in Northern California I've grown to hate the Niners but their success over 2 decades should be #1 to me.

I'm surprised the '90s Cowboys weren't in there.

But the '90 Giants and '91 Redskins were in no way dynasties.