Bills announce contract extension for Tyrod Taylor

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have on NFL on ESPN, dont know who the two "experts" are...but they were killing TT for taking this deal...termed it a year to year...so guess that means reallly good for the Bills.

They mentioned something about a $10M buyout after year one and another buyout after year 3....but was only on in bachkground so could be wrong

Edit..Dan Grazziano and Jim Trotter talking heads

without seeing the terms it sounds like TT is willing to prove it year over year, risky move if so. There has to be some incentive clause that allows him to guarantee more years and or money in there somewhere, right?

It's certainly a team friendly deal. I get it from TT's perspective too. He is getting an extra $12M or whatever but the Bills really protected themselves.

yep, Bills had all the leverage in this deal, Osweiller had all the leverage in his deal...simple really

It's certainly a team friendly deal. I get it from TT's perspective too. He is getting an extra $12M or whatever but the Bills really protected themselves.

They have to. He's showed some great stuff and some absolute crap.

No one can hate on this contract. Show some more and get the rest.

I'm sorry. I didn't realize English isn't your first language.

After the last link you posted I felt the need to dumb it down for yah a bit. Glad I could help, cool thing is Tyrod is no longer going to be mad at the Bills and leave us all.....and you learned a new word. High five.

just wait - if he plays lights out this year we get YEARS of PTR telling us about how unfair it would be to tyrod not to give him a raise.

They have to. He's showed some great stuff and some absolute crap.

No one can hate on this contract. Show some more and get the rest.

I think that is really well said Ryan!! It's tough for anyone to not be okay with this as its being reported.

It was the kind of deal that if you could get him to take you would be happy to do it. They aren't married yet but they moved into together to see how things work.

just wait - if he plays lights out this year we get YEARS of PTR telling us about how unfair it would be to tyrod not to give him a raise.

:ph34r::ph34r:

I haven't seen anything official yet, but Rodak was on ESPN and said the team could get out of the deal as soon as one year.

That would seem strange to me. If Taylor's convinced that he'll be better, why would he sign a deal like that?

Either way, I envision no scenario now whereby Taylor sees his play diminish and we draft a QB in round 1.

Can't wait to see the numbers on this, but I have a feeling that the fans' "interpretation" of what's been said and reality are two different things. This place is the most sunshine-rainbows-and-lollipops of any Bills forums out there.

It would have been wise, not that our FO is, to have at least seen how TT performed for 5 or 6 games before giving him a contract that in all likelihood prevents us from moving on a QB in a draft next year that should have several worthy of selecting, including Chad Kelly.

OT, but this thread is an example of why I hate it when speculation threads turn into news threads... you have to wade through pages of outdated discussion, leaks, and bickering until you find the spot where the most recent news got reported.