John Clayton predicts TT to sign with Denver in '17;Rex gone

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ESPN's John Clayton sees bad things ahead for Bills, while Tyrod is still saying the right things

254909%5B1%5D-e1468528008474-1024x911.jp

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/07/14/espns-john-clayton-sees-bills-quarterback-tyrod-taylor-signing-denver-broncos-2017/

I'm so tired of this absolute stupidity (at best laziness, at worst fabrication for clicks) that the Bills aren't giving Tyrod a big contract this off-season b/c they don't want him or value him. This season they have limited salary cap space, but they have the room next year. They don't have to pay him this year (a major difference from the mediocre QBs getting ridiculous contracts this off-season), so it would make zero sense to throw money at him now, risk having to cut a player or two (although they do have some room now), and hampering any other late moves.

Now I know Clayton huffs glue before writing these columns. He thinks TT will sign a one-year bridge deal so Paxton Lynch can take his job in 2018? I can see TT signing elsewhere but not as a placeholder for another QB. WTF John.

Now I know Clayton huffs glue before writing these columns. He thinks TT will sign a one-year bridge deal so Paxton Lynch can take his job in 2018? I can see TT signing elsewhere but not as a placeholder for another QB. WTF John.

I don't see that either. Only way he does that is if he sucks this year.

I don't see that either. Only way he does that is if he sucks this year.

Even if he "sucks" it will never happen. (and he won't suck!) This is a guy who worked to become a starter from day one. Does Clayton seriously think he's going to accept a deal where he's a placeholder for another QB? "Gee. That $100MM offer from the Bills isn't enough. I'll take the one year deal from the Broncos where I can help Paxton Lynch replace me!" Yeah, that'll happen.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm so tired of this absolute stupidity (at best laziness, at worst fabrication for clicks) that the Bills aren't giving Tyrod a big contract this off-season b/c they don't want him or value him. This season they have limited salary cap space, but they have the room next year. They don't have to pay him this year (a major difference from the mediocre QBs getting ridiculous contracts this off-season), so it would make zero sense to throw money at him now, risk having to cut a player or two (although they do have some room now), and hampering any other late moves.

Bingo. Why the hell is this so difficult for people (read: Clayton) to understand??!

This John Clayton?

1401x788-John-Clayton-Rock-a-Slayer.jpg

Do you believe this man has ever even HELD a football?

No, this John Clayton...

Drama-is-bad-mmkay-mr-mackey-25108921-31

The fact that we can franchise tag TT makes this thread a non issue to me

As for Rex.....I dont think our defense will be nearly as bad so I dont think he is going anywhere

Clayton's logic is severely flawed in his piece. Your assessment is 100% correct and the article is a complete waste of time.