NFL future power rankings: projecting the next 3 seasons

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/story/_/id/16641745/2016-nfl-future-power-rankings-seattle-seahawks-new-england-patriots-carolina-panthers-earn-high-marks

To project which NFL franchises are in the best shape for the next three seasons, we asked our panel of experts -- Louis Riddick, Mike Sando and Field Yates -- to rate each team on a scale of 0-100 in five categories: roster (excluding quarterback), quarterback, draft, front office and coaching.After averaging the results from the panelists, each of the five categories was weighted to create the overall score -- roster (30 percent), quarterback (20 percent), draft (15 percent), front office (15 percent) and coaching (20 percent). The result is a comprehensive rankings based on how well each team is positioned for the future.

Bills projected as bottom 5 team Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You knew that would happen because it always does. Looking at it objectively though until something happens with the coaching this ranking sadly makes sense.

my thought as well. Should just join the CFL because we are, you know, basically in Canada anyway. We'd dominate.

You think a smaller field would be better for Tyrod???

Unfortunately no matter how analytically you try to dress up arbitrary speculation, it still pretty much boils down what the current opinion is of a organization based on recent results.

String together a couple winning seasons and all of the sudden you're the prince instead of the pauper.

Imagine how high we would be if they knew the Bills were finding the cure for Zika.

I suppose this might be interesting if some math guys with experience in sports-related regression analysis put it together.

From the very get-go this thing is purely a click-bate opinion piece with little connection to reality. They have 3 guys subjectively rate each team in five categories. Each category is subjectively weighted by the author, thus giving you a final score.

There is zero data to suggest the methodology produces anything but garbage.

I always laugh at these things. The Bills are always predicted in the bottom 5 but if memory serves me correctly they have only finished in the bottom 5 once in like 12 years (the Dareus pick). I think that is on of the misconceptions about the Bills during this streak. They have been bad but averaged 6.6 wins a season in that time frame. It isn't like they are the Browns and missing on guys at the top of the draft all of the time. They aren't getting a shot at the top guys.

I am going to do a rating that is based on who has the best cornerbacks under 26 because this is now a pass happy league and having good cornerbacks is the key to success

Yay! I have the Bills first. Everyone feel better now

Imagine how high we would be if they knew the Bills were finding the cure for Zika.

True this!!! The Brothers Ryan have been found to be immune to Zika. Once their defense against this disease is figured out the world will be their oyster (& they will devour it).

Am I missing some sarcasm here? or do you think the Canadian field is smaller?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_football#The_field

he are an idiot.