Not necessarily in this order

He is beating defenses with 4 variables

1. He is very good

2. He is very well coached

3. Cheating

4. Having a ridiculous amount of calls in his favor

Not necessarily in this order

Agree

His helmet radio keeps working even after it's supposed to be off. His OC is telling him who is open. That's how they do it.

Yeah, in 1.6 seconds his OC can spot the open receiver and radio it in to Brady...even on the road.

You have figured it out...

Yes, Brady has the fastest snap-to-release time in the NFL. This article highlights that there are two, and only two, ways of disrupting him.

1) Get to him in less than 2.2 seconds.as Denver did.

2) Confuse him pre-snap, as Rex did in the 2nd meeting last year.

For reference, Taylor has the slowest snap-to-release time in the NFL.

I am no Rex fan, but it has to be said that Brady was as confused/frustrated in that game as I have seen him in a long, long time.

I am no Rex fan, but it has to be said that Brady was as confused/frustrated in that game as I have seen him in a long, long time.

it is always somewhat satisfying to see him start whining desperately to the refs and yelling at his OL. Should've won that game but their defense was good too and McCoy dropped a TD pass. Edited by YoloinOhio

If I was a defense coordinator I would play man double Gronk and Edelman with the safeties and dare him to beat me deep all game.

If we does good job but NO ONE at all scares me deep on the Pats and even it they did I dont think Brady can hit em.

If it is so obvious what he wants to do in the passing, you have to make him do something different. I don't care if I got put 3 out 4 D-line off the line post snap just to clog up those passing lanes then rush them #Madden101

For example if Rex calls a defense he should know where Brady wants to attack and I would double that player post snap. Like in the article the Cheifs ran man and Brady read man so he audible Gronk to the slant.

Maybe you don't know who is going to run the slant but you know the slant is coming or what ever man beater they like to use. ( Film Study) and just take that option away and make him hold the ball for that .5-1 sec longer than he wants to make him uncomforable.

I remember hearing a story after Hoyer had moved on from the Pats. Apparently he got his helmet mixed up with Brady's and was very surprised when the radio link to the coaches remained connected throughout the play instead of shutting off prior to the snap. Coaches telling him what presnap adjustments to make and where to go with the ball probably helps a lot.

I know it's just a rumor, but Belichick and Brady have long lost the benefit of doubt AFAIC.

Edited by BarleyNY

Yes, Brady has the fastest snap-to-release time in the NFL. This article highlights that there are two, and only two, ways of disrupting him.

I put this on coaching. Bad coaching. Lazy coaching. Coaching from 20 years ago.

This article should remind us that we dont need Elway or Marino or Kelly. What we need is smarts.

Enter: Rex Ryan. We're saved !!!

Edited by maddenboy

To do that, you have to know exactly what the coverage is and who the open receiver is going to be even before the ball is snapped. Which you can see Brady knows...he doesn't progress through any reads, he throws it to the open receiver underneath coverage. And he knows who that's going to be. Every. Single. Time.

I wonder how he does that? <_<

Another example of my earlier point. Our problem is coaching. Coaching from 20 years ago.

We need smart, adaptive guys to coach. We all hear about whether this guy or that guy can go through reads. "Slow eyes."

Why not just adapt and coach-em-up and get with the times.

I remember reading a piece about 7-8 years ago where Belichick and his genius underground guru (whose name I cant remember) were brainstorming. They asked "what's the weakest position in the NFL?" The answer: Safety.

Next, how do we exploit it? Answer: Big fast tight ends to run up the seams. And we know how that turned out.

That is not a team that does what has always been done. We need better coaching.

Hopefully Rex read this article..

Edited by DirtDart

Indeed.

I put this on coaching. Bad coaching. Lazy coaching. Coaching from 20 years ago.

This article should remind us that we dont need Elway or Marino or Kelly. What we need is smarts.

Enter: Rex Ryan. We're saved !!!

If that's the case, then every DC in the NFL is both bad and lazy when they play NE (save for Wade Phillips--who, interestingly, was our coach 20 years ago).

As to Taylor, it could be any number of things ranging from:

1) It was his first year as an NFL starter, and he needs to adjust to the speed of the game

2) It was his first year in a new offense, and he needs more time to get on the same page as the OC and the receiving targets

3) He has difficulty seeing the whole field

4) He doesn't diagnose well enough pre-snap

5) He doesn't process fast enough post-snap

Most likely, it's a combination of the above. Some of that stuff can be learned/fixed, and Taylor's continued development depends upon him doing just that.

Hopefully Rex read this article..

He didn't need to; he saw it himself in Week 2 of 2015, hence the massive change in approach prior to the MNF game last year...and the results were there defensively.