Unpopular opinion thread

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did have some impact. Just hasn't won anything and is a clown. My unpopular opinion isn't that he's not a good coach. It's that I see him as the Rex Ryan of CFB. A giant eye roll. If he wins something meaningful I won't see him that way anymore.

In the reality of the situation a College HC has to make do with someone else's recruits in his first year. I look at Harbaugh and think he will build a great program. What he did in SF was amazing and his GM is a moron. That GM while building a great offensive line at first then went on to tear it apart. Pears starting at RT last year... really?

Needless to say, I think the world of the guy as a head coach and to me, he is the Anti-Rex.

DJ was a OC and QB away from being a good head coach.

Chan Gailey was a DC and QB away from being a good head coach.

Fred Jackson, in his prime, was about as good as Thurman Thomas.

Eric Moulds, in his prime, was about as good as Andre Reed.

Rex is neither a genius nor a buffoon but is an above average defensive coach and will have the Bills D in the top 10 this year.

Edited by hondo in seattle

DJ was a OC and QB away from being a good head coach.

Chan Gailey was a DC and QB away from being a good head coach.

Fred Jackson, in his prime, was about as good as Thurman Thomas.

Eric Moulds, in his prime, was about as good as Andre Reed.

Rex is neither a genius nor a buffoon but is an above average defensive coach and will have the Bills D in the top 10 this year.

1) Jauron was an OC and QB away from being 9-7........playing not to lose keeps you close to .500.

2) Chan......possibly. He is actually a VERY GOOD football mind...at one time with Pitt he was the best OC in pro football.......but his leadership as a HC was a very underrated issue. Couldn't pull a team together.

3) There was a brief moment when Fred was near great........but when Thurman was at his best he WAS great.

4) Nope. Between the ears Moulds was not in Reed's class.

5) I think the issue is that he is supposed to be a GREAT DC.

Chris Hogan will become Brady's* favorite WR.

The original recipe for what we now refer to as "Buffalo wings" (essentially Tobasco sauce and butter) was invented in Rochester.

Aaron Williams will play gun shy all season, and be cut in the end.

Nkemdiche is going to win DROY.

It's funny you said that as I think you're right CS. He has Chandler Jones opposite of him on an already good defense. They have an excellent secondary. Put a good player on a good unit, and it is that much easier to shine.

Taylor will win a playoff game and make the Pro Bowl outright, get $20+MM/yr from the Bills, and Gug will be depressed.

I like it PTR. Everything but the Gug comment. He's a good dude.

I like Rex Ryan and I'm glad he's our coach.

Are you serious? Did you notice how bad Michigan has been for 10+ years? I'm an ND fan so no love for Harbaugh and Michigan but he has already made huge strides there. They will win the Big 10 in the next 3 years.

I like the Irish as well. I kind of had to given there was a shamrock, and cross in about every room in my house growing up, and yes, we're Irish. You are correct on Harbaugh. You guys know so much of a good program is in recruiting the top HS talent. My boys go to Jesuit down here (the Canisius of Tampa), but there are two top talented kids at Tampa Catholic, one in particular was ranked the top high school recruit in the country. You wouldn't believe the visits from Saban, Harbaugh, Meyer and so on to this kids house. The scenes from the Blind Side are so true.

Harbaugh will attract top talent. Just think of the best HS QB's in the US. Then Harbaugh comes to visit and says, listen I was an NFL QB for 16 years, I turned around Stanford, took the lowly 49ers to the SB in a couple of years, and runs pro style offense. QB's in college have a much better shot at a high draft pick of they can play a pro style offense for four years like Wentz.

He's going to do well. Lastly, I have no skin in the game. I don't care whether Harbaugh wins or not, but believe he will.

Aka "hot takes" on NFL/football - post 'em here...

I'll kick it off -- Jim Harbaugh is the Rex Ryan of CFB

No, I'm not wrong. It's up to him to prove me wrong.

What!? you are SOOO wrong on this YOLO.

Not only is Jim nothing like Rex, he is a way better coach, Gona be rough for Ohio St as long as he is in Michigan.

You should have said Harbaugh is the Bellichek of CFB and the Pats are Michigan and OSU is the Bills.

What were you smocking today :doh::lol:B-)

From the Kemp/Lamonica debate, we kept the right guy.

Bills thought so highly of Jim Kelly, they drafted Tony Hunter instead.

Speaking of TE's. Ernie Warlick remains the teams' best ever.

Pete Gogolak forced the AFL/NFL merger to happen.

Dennis Shaw was a racist.

Art Still was a hippie, pinko freak

Kay Stephenson looked great in that game at QB.

I hate the new shoulder pads in the NFL. Bring back the bigguns. Can't even imagine seeing Jack Lambert wearing these girlie shoulder paddings..

He did have some impact. Just hasn't won anything and is a clown. My unpopular opinion isn't that he's not a good coach. It's that I see him as the Rex Ryan of CFB. A giant eye roll. If he wins something meaningful I won't see him that way anymore.

:lol::lol::lol: oh yolo what are we going to do with you, you're Michigan hate has clouded your judgment

Bills win Super Bowl

This year.

Lol

0:)0:)0:)

Not when he had Bruce Arians as his coach and now a world of difference in Indy for Andrew. He will be the richest tackling dummy in the NFL.

Chuck Pagano the most overrated HC in the NFL today and his GM Ryan Grigson is right there with him. How they both still have jobs is a wonder in itself.

The colts are trading Luck to the Bills ? WOOHOO !!!

Chris Hogan will become Brady's* favorite WR.

The original recipe for what we now refer to as "Buffalo wings" (essentially Tobasco sauce and butter) was invented in Rochester.

Aaron Williams will play gun shy all season, and be cut in the end.

Actually it's Margarine which is an absolute disgrace when much tastier and healthier butter was/is available.

What!? you are SOOO wrong on this YOLO.

Not only is Jim nothing like Rex, he is a way better coach, Gona be rough for Ohio St as long as he is in Michigan.

You should have said Harbaugh is the Bellichek of CFB and the Pats are Michigan and OSU is the Bills.

What were you smocking today :doh::lol:B-)

He is the Rex Ryan of CFB because of the media obsession with him and his clown antics. Climbing trees at recruits houses and sleepovers, his celebrity soirée for NSD, wearing the jerseys of local stars at his 7500 satellite camps - it's the definition of trying too hard. Subtweeting at Saban and urban calling them out, even though they have seven titles to his zero. Next he will probably jump out of a plane like Rex. They are kings of the offseason.

I should have said Harbaugh was Belichik and Michigan were the Pats? Bills are Osu? Yes, that would indeed go in the unpopular opinion thread. Michigan has beaten Osu once in the last 13 years and that was the year Osu had their LBs coach as the interim HC and went 6-6. And they still almost lost. The absolute pounding Harbaugh took at home to Osu (after being favored!) reminded me of what the Patriots did to the Bills at home after the Bills were favored. I can't think of anything Harbaugh is doing that reminds me of Belichik, sorry.

It's up to him to prove me wrong. I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but I didn't say Rex wasn't a good coach either. I said they both have proven they can win off season hype and media attention, and the rest we are waiting on. He needs to show he can beat Sparty and Osu just as Rex needs to show he can beat the Pats.

By the way, I don't "hate" Michigan or harbaugh. I just want them to actually do something. We need them to be better than they are for the rivalry and for the conference. I haven't hated Michigan since the 90s.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The Bills NEED a new stadium, and as a 28-year season ticket holder I have zero issues with a doubling or tripling of ticket prices

I assumed this was about every unpopular opinion - but that special elephant in the room one. NOW you've done it!!! :)

He is the Rex Ryan of CFB because of the media obsession with him and his clown antics. Climbing trees at recruits houses and sleepovers, his celebrity soirée for NSD, wearing the jerseys of local stars at his 7500 satellite camps - it's the definition of trying too hard. Subtweeting at Saban and urban calling them out, even though they have seven titles to his zero. Next he will probably jump out of a plane like Rex. They are kings of the offseason.

I should have said Harbaugh was Belichik and Michigan were the Pats? Bills are Osu? Yes, that would indeed go in the unpopular opinion thread. Michigan has beaten Osu once in the last 13 years and that was the year Osu had their LBs coach as the interim HC and went 6-6. And they still almost lost. The absolute pounding Harbaugh took at home to Osu (after being favored!) reminded me of what the Patriots did to the Bills at home after the Bills were favored. I can't think of anything Harbaugh is doing that reminds me of Belichik, sorry.

It's up to him to prove me wrong. I didn't say he wasn't a good coach, but I didn't say Rex wasn't a good coach either. I said they both have proven they can win off season hype and media attention, and the rest we are waiting on. He needs to show he can beat Sparty and Osu just as Rex needs to show he can beat the Pats.

By the way, I don't "hate" Michigan or harbaugh. I just want them to actually do something. We need them to be better than they are for the rivalry and for the conference. I haven't hated Michigan since the 90s.

I agree, Yolo - except I do hate scUM. Jim Harbaugh comes off as insincere to me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good coach and he's sure had some success. But he's never stayed anywhere for long. Some combination of his desire to move up/on and him wearing out his welcome seem to be the reasons. His schtick and antics do seem to wear thin after awhile.

I agree, Yolo - except I do hate scUM. Jim Harbaugh comes off as insincere to me. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good coach and he's sure had some success. But he's never stayed anywhere for long. Some combination of his desire to move up/on and him wearing out his welcome seem to be the reasons. His schtick and antics do seem to wear thin after awhile.

we are dangerously close to Sparty becoming a bigger rival than the maize and blue. Never thought it would happen. All of harbaugh's talk and hype landed with a big thud last November. If he can't back it up he will be a joke. This is their big chance and at this point their relevancy is due to the Khaki-Cam, stupid tweets and silly recruiting tactics. They are selling tickets again and the hype is high with their fans. 42-13 must have been a giant buzzkill but he's got hopes up again. Too bad they didn't come to Cbus last year instead of this year for the The Game. Would have been a much better set up for him. My favorite moment after the huge celebrity bash he threw for NSD with Rick Flair, Brady, Jeter, etc. where he acted like the recruiting class had actually won something ... A reporter asked Urban how Osu was going to do to celebrate NSD. He said "Practice."

we are dangerously close to Sparty becoming a bigger rival than the maize and blue. Never thought it would happen. All of harbaugh's talk and hype landed with a big thud last November. If he can't back it up he will be a joke. This is their big chance and at this point their relevancy is due to the Khaki-Cam, stupid tweets and silly recruiting tactics. They are selling tickets again and the hype is high with their fans. 42-13 must have been a giant buzzkill but he's got hopes up again. Too bad they didn't come to Cbus last year instead of this year for the The Game. Would have been a much better set up for him. My favorite moment after the huge celebrity bash he threw for NSD with Rick Flair, Brady, Jeter, etc. where he acted like the recruiting class had actually won something ... A reporter asked Urban how Osu was going to do to celebrate NSD. He said "Practice."

For as much hype and coverage that Harbaugh gets, Urban still runs circles around him when it come to recruiting (Saban too). He will make Michigan better and they'll win some but they are still a long way from the level of the perennial powers. They are closer to Wisconsin than they are OSU.

He has worn out his welcome everywhere else. Will he get Michigan back to their previous level (on a consistent basis) before his act gets tired?

For as much hype and coverage that Harbaugh gets, Urban still runs circles around him when it come to recruiting (Saban too). He will make Michigan better and they'll win some but they are still a long way from the level of the perennial powers. They are closer to Wisconsin than they are OSU.

He has worn out his welcome everywhere else. Will he get Michigan back to their previous level (on a consistent basis) before his act gets tired?

i do wonder what will define succes for him. If he finally beats Osu this year (they are actually ranked ahead of them in the preseason polls, he has zero excuses not to do it) then I think he buys himself a ton of time. If not, the clock starts ticking. The pressure will be immense. The funniest thing about his tweets about urban and saban is that urban has someone else run his account and saban probably doesn't even know what Twitter is. They are rolling their eyes at this guy. It's up to him to earn their respect.

Even though I kind of hate MSU right now, I respect their approach and I respect Dantonio - because they have actually proven it on the field without using the media to drive their relevancy. Urban is 50-4 at Osu and 2 of those losses are to Dantonio.

Edited by YoloinOhio