Unpopular opinion thread

I have no dog in the fight, but I like him making Michigan more relevant and building up the rivalry with OSU more. Makes CFB more fun.

i will like it too. If it happens.

Right now osu fans roll their eyes at him like Pats fans roll their eyes at Rex.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will like it too. If it happens.

Didn't they play Sparty and OSU tight? Or just MSU?

Those teams have a lot of players going to the NFL( mostly OSU) that were recruited 3 years ago. We'll see how it shapes up in the next two years of a Harbaugh regime.

Edited by FireChan

they have a cakewalk schedule and Ohio state is replacing 18 starters. Sparty reloading as well. Show me something other than funny subtweets and climbing up a tree and arranging creepy sleepovers to get recruits. Maybe the playoff is extreme but at least beat your rivals, finally. They are both vulnerable this year, his college coaching pedigree in college comes down to this for me.

Turning around the program at Stanford counts for nothing?

Urban Myers would have zero championships at OSU if not for the playoff format starting in 2014. If it had been in place in Harbaughs last year at Stanford, he would have taken them from cellar dweller to playoffs in 4 years.

Turning around the program at Stanford counts for nothing?

Urban Myers would have zero championships at OSU if not for the playoff format starting in 2014. If it had been in place in Harbaughs last year at Stanford, he would have taken them from cellar dweller to playoffs in 4 years.

obviously :lol:

Here is mine - neither Urban Meyer or Nick Saban would be good NFL Head Coaching hires.

well we already saw Saban in the NFL Edited by YoloinOhio

In general the NFL doesn't really care about the players, their safety or their futures after football. They are largely just assets with expiration dates.

That's not unpopular. It's true. And sad.

My unpopular opinion: the NFL would eventually be better off if players didn't wear helmets.

Edited by snafu

I am full of unpopular opinions, thanks Yolo.

NFL players are some of the largest hypocrites in the world. They pretend to be all about team loyalty and so offended by the way business is done in the NFL, but will not hesitate to hold out, skip required sessions, and not uphold their contracts. They treat it exactly like the owners do, a business, and try to play the sympathy card over and over and over.

Edited by FireChan

Taylor will win a playoff game and make the Pro Bowl outright, get $20+MM/yr from the Bills, and Gug will be depressed.

Although I think making the pro bowl is about as prestigious as winning an order small fries on a McDonalds Monopoly pull off, if the Bills go to the playoffs and he has something to do with it, then I will be ecstatic and behind the big, long-term deal.

NFL players are some of the largest hypocrites in the world. They pretend to be all about team loyalty and so offended by the way business is done in the NFL, but will not hesitate to hold out, skip required sessions, and not uphold their contracts. They treat it exactly like the owners do, a business, and try to play the sympathy card over and over and over.

If the contracts were fully guaranteed and the players still did that, then you'd have a legit beef.

I like Rex Ryan and I'm glad he's our coach.

that is actually a pretty decent bet
in some ways they are different but in many ways the same (to me). He can prove me wrong when he wins something other than media attention. This year is his window if he can do it. All he has won in CFB is a sun bowl and fiesta bowl. And whatever bowl Michigan
won this year. Yawn. If he doesn't get to the CFB playoffs this year he should go back to the NFL.

Are you serious? Did you notice how bad Michigan has been for 10+ years? I'm an ND fan so no love for Harbaugh and Michigan but he has already made huge strides there. They will win the Big 10 in the next 3 years.

If the contracts were fully guaranteed and the players still did that, then you'd have a legit beef.

Why? Is your contract fully guaranteed?

The players association agreed to allow teams to terminate the contracts. You don't get to cry and whine when you don't like the terms you agreed to.

I like Rex Ryan and I'm glad he's our coach.

Are you serious? Did you notice how bad Michigan has been for 10+ years? I'm an ND fan so no love for Harbaugh and Michigan but he has already made huge strides there. They will win the Big 10 in the next 3 years.

I'm talking about right now. Not 3 years from now. If he wins something meaningful other than media attention and offseason hype, then I won't compare him to Rex anymore. But if he doesn't win the big 10 this year vs in 3 years, isn't that a disappointment for Michigan fans? This is the big 10 you know. They need to beat 2 teams. I don't even think they have a tough out of conference game. This is the year they should have no problem doing that if he's any good. Edited by YoloinOhio

Except their contracts aren't guaranteed so it really doesn't work that way. It's been set that the contract doesn't mean anything. If the teams don't have to honor them they players shouldn't have to either.

Why? Is your contract fully guaranteed?

The players association agreed to allow teams to terminate the contracts. You don't get to cry and whine when you don't like the terms you agreed to.

I'm not saying I agree with it. Just sayin'.

You don't see baseball players, hockey players or basketball players do it. What's the main difference?

Now, if you were referring to college football head coaches, you'd have a point.

Edited by snafu